Essential oils are scented oils produced from plants and herbs. Though essential oils are available from different manufacturers, you need to select oil with much caution, so that you stay away from the impure varieties. Essential oils are primarily used in medicines, cosmetics,perfumes, and aromatherapy as well as in various religious ceremonies and rituals.(Information credit: https://www.holyart.co.uk/)
The following are the different types of essential oils and their health benefits:
1. Lavender oil: Extracted from fresh lavender flowers it is one of the most popular essential oils. It helps to improve concentration levels, induce sleep and reduce anxietydisorders. Lavender oils also stimulate hair regrowth in people afflicted with alopecia areata,a type of hair loss.
2. Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil, extracted from the leaves of eucalyptus odorta, the oil has several antimicrobial,herbicidal,insecticidal as well as acaricidaleffects. Eucalyptus oil is extremely for your respiratory health. Inhaling eucalyptus vapors are known to cure cough and congestion. The beautiful fragrance of the oil acts as an expectorant as it helps to loosen phlegm in the nasal passages and lungs.
3. Peppermint oil: This oil has the property of reducing nausea,stomach upsets, headaches, and stress-related disorders. It benefits the digestive system by elevating the rate of waste excretion. Peppermint oils soothe the involuntary stomach muscles and can also cure irritable bowel syndrome. The menthol content of these oils are effectively interferes with the motion of electrolytes across cell membranes,thereby minimizing involuntary contraction.
4. Tea tree oil: It is an essential oil with strong antimicrobial effects. Tea tree oil is derived frompaperbark trees. Inhaling the aroma of crushed leaves helps to cure cough as well and heal septic wounds. Tea tree oils also have antibacterial and antifungal and thus help to cure infections. Tea tree oil adds a fragrance of freshness and rejuvenation in the atmosphere.
5. Jojoba oils: Extracted from the seeds of the wild jojoba shrub, jojoba oils help to heal wounds by closing them at a cellular level. The primary use of this oil is the rejuvenation of skin by the reduction of acne.It is often used as a beauty ingredient, helping to achieving a flawless skin.
6. Blue chamomile oil: Extracted from the German chamomile plant, this oil helps to cure eczema, wounds, bruises, and, burns. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Inhaling the aroma of the chamomile oils can alleviate anxiety and induce sleep.
7. Rose oil: It is a rose-scented essential oil extracted from the petals of rose flower. This oil also helps to combat harmful micro-organisms and has a calming effect. Rose oil is also effective for skin care due to the rich content of Vitamin E and phenolic compounds. This oil is also used in several beauty and health products.
8. Oregano oil: This essential oil is rich in carvacol, a strong organic compound which helps to combat the attack of harmful microbes, and maintain liver health.
Due to this wide range of healthbenefits, essential oils have huge popular demand.