Terrorist Attack on Parliament

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Yes, another one, although they often have accomplices.

I saw some images of people downed on the bridge and one man definitely looked dead. Leg broken right off and head bloody. Poor policeman didn't stand a chance either. How is anyone to know which pedestrian or motorist among many who look similar is going to suddenly go AWOL and start killing people? You can't. And you shouldn't have to be told that you must expect this. You do not, in fact, have to expect anything of the sort. It's madness to claim that you do.

• People do though. I'm out in Croatia at the moment and told the guys I'm with when it started kicking off. Barely batted an eyelash. If it's supposed to be instilling terror then it's not really working...

• I can assure you that it has a very detrimental effect on those who have suffered and on families who have lost members to it. It has a very detrimental effect on the general confidence people have in their fellow travellers. It sows hatred and suspicion. It limits liberty.

There is no way that murderous behaviour like this, no matter who is doing it and for no matter what reason, is going to be something that people will just happily ignore. A lot of people who have become hardened by years of this sort of thing have changed inside and don't bat an eyelash because something in them has been turned to stone.

In a way, this translates into "out of evil comes some measure of good" and some day these people who think they have you by the balls are going to wake up one morning to find that the west has changed and that it has changed because they changed it. Ce la vie.

• A home grown terrorist with a string of previous convictions for violence and known to MI5 and the police. He should have been locked up for life years ago. Still, I'm sure it's some consolation to the dead and injured and their loved ones that we release people with similar histories back into "the community " every day so their human rights aren't breached or because there is insufficient evidence to prosecute although their characters are well known.

When will we ever learn that locking up wild animals without a trial doesn't breach their human rights, it preserves ours.

• I notice the candlelit vigils and flowers and slogans of not being afraid and being united and all that guff are doing the rounds. I sometimes get a chilling feeling that these incidents play into the hands of certain ideologues. Almost everyone is too afraid to say what they really think and so there is often a falling all over each other banging on about how much they love one another and how no one will divide them, etc.

There is one significant factor that people miss in all this aftermath of effusion. The terrorists aren't operating in order to divide anyone, so trying to say they are is actually a misguided claim. They aren't attacking multiculturalism in the western left wing Euro sphere sense. Or the American Democratic Party politically correct sense.

The Islamic radicals who support terrorism hate infidels. They seek to destroy what their leaders see as infidel capitals and infidel civilizations. They do not give a flying fandango whether some people just want to weep and hug and be nice to one another for fear of upsetting a raft of legislative restrictions on social opinion. That just makes terrorists laugh. They despise all infidels. They are out to overpower them by any means available. They radicalise useful idiots. They spit on compassion and foreign cultures and religions. They even hate many of their own people as they are primarily interested in their own version of their religion. They are like witch burners on the lookout for heretics and, like these predecessors, they are willing to torture, burn and otherwise kill anyone who is targeted as an unbeliever in their sect's creed.

So where all this "they won't divide us" is coming from is a mystery to me, but it seems to surface like an indoctrinated mantra every time one of these incidents occurs.

There was another one foiled in Antwerp soon after this one. Was he also just trying to divide them, or was he another useful idiot primed for the terrorisation and slaughter of infidels? Answers on a pinhead.

• People do though. I'm out in Croatia at the moment and told the guys I'm with when it started kicking off. Barely batted an eyelash. If it's supposed to be instilling terror then it's not really working...

Agree. Like your colleagues, I barely battered an eyelash either. If they'd be more than one of them and if they'd had guns, perhaps more response would've been different.

I can assure you that it has a very detrimental effect on those who have suffered and on families who have lost members to it. It has a very detrimental effect on the general confidence people have in their fellow travellers. It sows hatred and suspicion. It limits liberty.

There is no way that murderous behaviour like this, no matter who is doing it and for no matter what reason, is going to be something that people will just happily ignore. A lot of people who have become hardened by years of this sort of thing have changed inside and don't bat an eyelash because something in them has been turned to stone..

Of course for those directly involved, it will have a very detrimental effect and I feel very sorry for them. But London has seen far worse as has other places.

We've not become stone people, just people who continue to get on with our lives. What other choice is there?

A home grown terrorist with a string of previous convictions for violence and known to MI5 and the police. He should have been locked up for life years ago. Still, I'm sure it's some consolation to the dead and injured and their loved ones that we release people with similar histories back into "the community " every day so their human rights aren't breached or because there is insufficient evidence to prosecute although their characters are well known.

When will we ever learn that locking up wild animals without a trial doesn't breach their human rights, it preserves ours.

I could go on at length about this. I suppose as this is my board, I have to hold back my comments... Ahh, sod that...

If their origins are from another place, even if they are born here and they are suspected of serious crimes or terrorist activity, I would invite them to leave and go to the country of their families' origins. If they do not take up the invite, I'd remove their choice and stick em on a plane.

The rights of the majority should take precedence over the rights of the minority. If our politicians continue to ignore this basic fact, then someone else a lot nastier will eventually enter politics and they will be all too happy to do what is necessary. And we all know how that ends...

• I notice the candlelit vigils and flowers and slogans of not being afraid and being united and all that guff are doing the rounds. I sometimes get a chilling feeling that these incidents play into the hands of certain ideologues. Almost everyone is too afraid to say what they really think and so there is often a falling all over each other banging on about how much they love one another and how no one will divide them, etc.etc.

The one thing that really winds me is the reaction to these incidents. We've had numerous half witted celebs and politicians coming out with " London is not afraid. You won't beat us." and encouraging to people to carry on as normal. What the hell did they think Londoners were going to do, hide under the bed? Stay off work? Come to a standstill? If terrorists want to bring London to a stand still they'd have more chance by praying to Allah for half an inch of snow to fall. That generally does it for a few days. ;)

Still, this publicity seeking clown got what he deserved.

Philip Schofield has been mocked on Twitter, after saying that he was walking across Westminster Bridge as an act of 'defiance' following Wednesday's London terror attacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/arti…fiant-walk.html

• The one thing that really winds me is the reaction to these incidents. We've had numerous half witted celebs and politicians coming out with " London is not afraid. You won't beat us." and encouraging to people to carry on as normal. What the hell did they think Londoners were going to do, hide under the bed? Stay off work? Come to a standstill? If terrorists want to bring London to a stand still they'd have more chance by praying to Allah for half an inch of snow to fall. That generally does it for a few days. ;)

Still, this publicity seeking clown got what he deserved.

Philip Schofield has been mocked on Twitter, after saying that he was walking across Westminster Bridge as an act of 'defiance' following Wednesday's London terror attacks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/arti…fiant-walk.html

OMG! Don't ever do that again, Morgan! My mascara has bloody sploshed onto my cheeks and I look like a sad goth. The real British spirit is actually in all those ripostes. That is what got our ancestors through the War. "We think you are disgusting" is better than saying you aren't afraid. Ridiculing their psychotic evil is more effective than getting out the Kleenex and making yourself look weak. No terrorist hero who is going to sacrifice himself to and for his god wants you to think he is a saddo with a small willy. It kind of flattens the whole effect.

• OMG! Don't ever do that again, Morgan! My mascara has bloody sploshed onto my cheeks and I look like a sad goth. The real British spirit is actually in all those ripostes. That is what got our ancestors through the War. "We think you are disgusting" is better than saying you aren't afraid. Ridiculing their psychotic evil is more effective than getting out the Kleenex and making yourself look weak. No terrorist hero who is going to sacrifice himself to and for his god wants you to think he is a saddo with a small willy. It kind of flattens the whole effect.

Well I'm no sort of hero but I wouldn't want anyone to think I've got a small willy anyway. :eek:

P.S. I thought I was mixing with a better class of poster here. You lot are such a disappointment. :)

• The sister of a Romanian tourist who fell into the Thames during the Westminster terror attack has said she refuses to dwell on the killer.

Andreea Cristea, 31, and boyfriend Andrei Burnaz, were driven at by Khalid Masood on London's Westminster Bridge.

A year after the attack, Magda Toi said thinking of her sister's killer only made her angry.

I never realised that the lady that fell into the Thames died after a few weeks. The news agenda quickly moves on to other things and this was incident was all but forgotten a week after it happened.

A year on today.:(

RIP to those that were killed.

• New "terrorist" incident at Parliament

Two people have been injured after a car crashed into security barriers outside the Houses of Parliament.

Officers were seen surrounding the vehicle before a man was arrested, shortly after 07:30 BST.

Cyclists were hit in the crash and London Ambulance Service said it had taken two patients to hospital with non life-threatening injuries.

Just turned on the news to be met with this...:(

It was being called a incident, but the met is now treating this as a terrorist incident.

The news channels have shown clips of armed police attending the scene and the black driver of the car taken away. Is he is a Islamist or something else?

The police are saying this is terrorism, but at this time of day, I'm not so sure. The MPs are all on holiday and there wouldn't be many tourists around at that time of day. One hour later would have been far more effective if it were terrorism. Could the driver have simply been drunk?

The police are stating that the car was driven deliberately at the security barriers, but there is no way that a car could breach them, so all seems very odd to me.

• I have heard on various news items that he was driving around London for hours ... waiting for the right time maybe? For some unpublished reason, 3 police cars chased him. You can see them on the video with headlights flashing. He probably panicked and bungled it.

I doubt they would still have him locked up if it was drunken driving. He is from Sudan, which is a Muslim country, so they are wise to suspect it as terrorism.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!