"The Donald" general chit chat thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Mod Note: The following posts are copied over from the earlier version of this forum which used different software:

Little Wing replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Little Wing

I don't think he has any intention of blowing up anyone. I do think he wants to prevent anyone with ideas of blowing up America, hence his statement on being inaugurated that he would build a renewed missile program to prevent weirdos like Kim ung bung dung, or whatever it's called in North Korea from launching a missile just because he likes to look at all the pretty sparks his enemies' remains make as they flutter down through the air. He has to go but first, he has to be contained.

I then replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Little Wing then replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Little Wing

Yes, he's a maverick and comes from the commercial world of hostile takeovers and gung-ho wealth. But then, politics has been going in the direction of nepotism, wealth seeking and ideological dominance for some time now.

It seems the two kinds of power seeking have become members of the same family and what used to be considered done and not done no longer applies.

You're right to be worried.

I then replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Horizon

Yes, but what's going on with him?

How can he say he had millions at his inauguration, when obviously there were not? And worrying, how can his team go on AMerican tv and say the same thing? Not just one person, but several.

He is either deluded, lying, or, this is the start of some kind of deliberate plan to destroy the media by de-legitismsing them.

Morgan then replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Morgan

The press lie about Trump anyway. A recent headline from the Independent.

Donald Trump has fired all foreign US ambassadors with nobody to replace them

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7538256.html

Embassies have a Deputy Chief of Mission, a career diplomat who serves as chargé d’affaires until a new Ambassador is confirmed. That person is always a career Foreign Service officer, typically with decades of experience, and is selected with the expectation that he or she is fully up to the task of running an Embassy.

Further investigation will reveal other inaccuracies in the story. It's not actually common practice for them all to resign when a new president takes over. Some used to get extensions. All Trump did was to refuse to give any of them extensions.

Little Wing then replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Little Wing

I'm finding Trump's behaviour toward the previously privileged members of embassies and the press to be hugely amusing. The embassies, as I know from experience, are full of free riders. The press is full of muckrakers. So farewell to all that.

It's not as though they won't be replaced. They will be, but this time they will be a little less in goosestep with the strident left. CNN must be shitting square bricks. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. I hate them with a passion.

Next to cry out in horror will be the UN and NATO in their present manifestations.

I replied to Little Wing's post directly above by saying this in the original forum:

Quote from Horizon

I've no problem with Trump shaking things up a bit, a bit. But there is a point where it can go too far.

Perhaps with the WHite house press corp are too arrogant and too "familiar." So, perhaps Trump's aim, if there is any, is just to make everyone not so sure of themselves, to the point where they no longer feel entitled.

We'll see how this plays out.

And then Little Wing replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Little Wing

Yes, it's a big unknown at the mo. Trump has a few things about him that bother me. His policy with Israel is one and his penchant for nepotism is another. Some of the people he has chosen for office are scary to say the least, especially his second in command.

I replied to Little Wing's post, the one directly above this post, by saying this in the original forum:

Quote from Horizon

Hhe is vile and was in a anti-abortion rally right outside the White House last week. Spit.

A woman's body is her own and no law should prevent what happens within her body.

I hate Pence, just in case that was not clear!

And then Little Wing replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Little Wing

Agree about Pence.

hoxton then replied in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from hoxton_hockler

Is Pence his way of preventing impeachment? If you think Trump is a nutter etc.

I then replied to hoxton's post in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Horizon

That's a interesting way of looking at it, a bit like a buffer or protection shield.

And finally Little Wing replied to hoxton's post in the original forum to this topic and said this:

Quote from Little Wing

I suspect Pence was there to gather in the religious fraternity of the electorate. America is a bit like a Muslim country in this regard. There is this huge fundamentalist sector that must be appeased even by the centre right.

• I still think Trump has the right ideas but he's just going about things like a bull in a china shop. He has no idea of diplomacy or tact and he desperately needs to get at least one influential newspaper/t.v. station on side somehow.

• He's used to being a "boss" of a business and everyone is his employee. Now he's a president, he is still a "boss" but everyone is not his employees. Once he understands that and clears out some of the nutters from his staff, which has already started, things may work out....

But, that's the optimistic point of view here. He is bizarre in his behaviour, language and judgement.

• I think Trump is drifting into perilous waters. Everyone should be given a chance to prove their worth and he is pushing his chances to the edge of a cliff.

He is too preoccupied with what other people say and has a habit of not researching his tweets. This scandal about the "wire tapping" has turned into a farce. If Trump has evidence he should provide it. But he should really rather get on with his job instead of trying to trash his predecessor.

He has committed a serious crime against the modern mindset by taking funds from the environment protection caddy and placing them into the warfare caddy. No, no no, Mr Trump.

It would be nice to see a bit of adult politicking from him. I know he possibly hasn't the faintest notion of how to be diplomatic and negotiate and liaise by smart alliance building, but if he doesn't learn soon, he could end up being impeached.

• It seems Donald and Angela didn't get on too well at their meeting so that might be to our advantage once we start trade negotiations.

• I did find his comment to her that NATO needed more of her cash rather amusing. I bet she sulked qvite a lot after that. Trump would be very good for business Brexit wise if he stopped being Dennis the Menace and became more of a hammer wielding Thor.

• It's worrying that he can't get his act together. He seems to live in a world completely removed from the necessities of political negotiation and diplomacy. I had hoped, for the sake of Americans who want something concrete done about their economic and social plights, that Trump might have some capability in this regard. But he seems unable to live outside of his own idea of what he can do. Obama wanted to do some things he couldn't do either on account of the barriers within Congress. It was quite a feat that he got some sort of health care plan going in the first place. Trump should have kept it and added to it or reformed it as he saw fit, with the approval of the powers necessary to make this legal.

The problem in politics appears to be the lack of opportunity afforded to talent and the barriers created by nepotism, wealth and significant contacts. These are keeping dynasties at the top. I would think that any hopeful candidate who didn't have the right credentials and contacts for the swamp would not be able to slide a bus ticket between the grand buttocks of the political establishment.

This can create bad choices for leadership and power vacuums if that leadership fails.

• He already put a few troops into Syria, now he's putting more in. If he can't stretch his "muscles" domestically, I reckon he'll look overseas.

I know that many commentators are saying we are living in a age equivalent to the 1930s which of course was just before WW2. Although I mainly disagree with them, you have the three major powers of the world today (America, Russia, China) led by idiots and/or thugs. At some point these men with their enormous egos may clash.

• Let them clash all they like but let us hope that the people they want to use to do their dirty work for them have more sense this time and will unite to say "no thanks." It's that easy. It would be a first in human history, I suspect, and it would be a sign that elites can no longer make us kill one another to enrich hierarchies of self appointed nobility or entrench ideologies of control.

Obeying them comes apart at the seams when millions refuse to play their game. The trouble with humans in a state of mob thrills is that they can be easily worked up into lynch gangs and told whom to hate and kill.

• Trump ready to 'solve' North Korea problem without China

US President Donald Trump has said the United States will "solve" the nuclear threat from North Korea, with or without China's help.

"If China is not going to solve North Korea, we will. That is all I am telling you," he said in an interview with UK newspaper the Financial Times.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39475178

Do we have a concern about Donald launching an attack on North Korea? I don't think so at the moment and of course, he can't act without the agreement of Congress. So I think he's just encouraging China to curb Kim Jong-un's lunacy at the moment.

• Do we have a concern about Donald launching an attack on North Korea? I don't think so at the moment and of course, he can't act without the agreement of Congress. So I think he's just encouraging China to curb Kim Jong-un's lunacy at the moment.

Well, I'm not concerned about it, if it happens and I think it should. North Korea is getting more dangerous and despite their mishaps, their missile technology is improving.

China sees North Korea as a buffer zone between themselves and countries under America's influence and of course there are all those American troops in South Korea. But, China has cut off it's coal supplies to N.Korea, it gets little mention here, but that is a hugely significant move and shows the Chinese are willing to do something, if need be.

• Oh my! :cool:

Donald Trump Signs Visa Free Travel Document for South Africans

link

Trump is forging trade relations with SA. Way ta go, Donald! :D

Of course, it might be Fake News ...

• Do we have a concern about Donald launching an attack on North Korea? I don't think so at the moment and of course, he can't act without the agreement of Congress. So I think he's just encouraging China to curb Kim Jong-un's lunacy at the moment.

WASHINGTON — The commander of American forces in the Pacific has ordered an aircraft carrier and several other warships toward the Korean Peninsula in a show of force by the Trump administration just days after North Korea tested another intermediate-range missile.

The officer, Adm. Harry B. Harris Jr., the head of the military’s Pacific Command, diverted the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson and its wing of fighter jets from a planned series of exercises and port calls in Australia, the command said in a statement. The Vinson and three guided-missile destroyers and cruisers steamed out of Singapore on Saturday for their new mission in the Western Pacific.

Source

Ratchet clicks up some more. Could get nasty if someone accidentally pressed a button.

• Oh my! :cool:

Donald Trump Signs Visa Free Travel Document for South Africans

link

Trump is forging trade relations with SA. Way ta go, Donald! :D

Of course, it might be Fake News ...

Now, The Donald is finding out he can actually do stuff overseas, he's gone quiet on this fake news stuff.

Hopefully SA will be treated fairly.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!