Only stupid people voted Brexit according to stats....Are you Stupid?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Obviously many of the less educated and well off voted for Brexit. They are the ones who are being neglected and left behind unemployed and in low paid jobs, having their neighbourhoods and schools being taken over, unable to find an affordable home, while the more intelligent and wealthier are doing all right Jack. So why would they vote to change the status quo and give someone else a bigger slice of their cake? We all vote for our own interests don't we?

I voted Leave too. I want my kids and their kids to live in a country where they have a say in who rules them, where their neighbours speak English and follow English customs, where they can find a decent job and a home they can afford.

And they aren't going to get any of it it if we are stupid enough to carry on as we are.

• Or maybe they were referring to non-academics. I'm afraid all too many academics spout this left leaning liberal tripe. We all live and learn, which is why older people tended to vote for Brexit. All too many people associated with academic establishments (employees and pupils/students) have been brainwashed into believing a lot of things that those with experience outside that walled garden know to be untrue or the result of immature thinking.

• I must be a thicko too because I also voted to leave. The fact I have a degree and 35 odd years of successful electronic and firmware designs and currently run my own consultancy probably counts for nothing with ivory tower academics who look down on engineers. Without us you'd all still be living in caves and wearing animal skins.

• Apparently John Major has popped up out of the woodwork and decided that he, too, thinks Brexit voters are thick. (Major having been enormously intelligent and the greatest PM ever to grace the political stage, of course. :rolleyes:)

I wonder how many of these people are terrified of leaving the EU on account of personal business issues.

• Who knows what their motivations are but they are all strangely united in their quest for Britain not to leave the EU.

It was remarked by various commentators yesterday, what a bitter, backwards looking speech Major's was. Not forward looking and trying to b positive, but racking over past issues instead. At least he respects the decision of the majority and there is one feather in his cap, he opted us out of the euro. So, we have to be thankful for that.

• I must be a thicko too because I also voted to leave. The fact I have a degree and 35 odd years of successful electronic and firmware designs and currently run my own consultancy probably counts for nothing with ivory tower academics who look down on engineers. Without us you'd all still be living in caves and wearing animal skins.

I agree. I like engineers.

• Major is a sad and bitter old man. Not ever the 'brightest' politically. He was likely the worst possible choice of PM and his incompetence facilitated the advent of Blair the now multi-millionaire 'confidence trickster'. As a ToL reader, from which I have now 'graduated' (thank you! and good luck!); I am appalled by the support Blair, Mandelson, Major et al have amongst so many narrow-minded, ill-bred, and financially self-interested "citizens of nowhere" (to quote PM May). The historical record shows clearly that this self-anointed 'elite' are following a neo-Fascist agenda - think Franco's Spain. Before Blair changed the Law on Treason, all these unelected 'leaders' intent on overturning the Brexit result would be indicted for sedition, against both the People and their elected government.

• Hi kate ha,

I suspected you came from the Times. I'm giving them a little break from me for a little while....just a little while!:)

I think if, if, we want to be kind about Major, is that he kept us out of the euro. But like the rest of them, Major is so out of step with the majority in the country.

You say it's like they're following a neo-fascist agenda. I wouldn't be quite as strong as that, but, what is their problem?

Most of us voted LEAVE. And the elites will have to accept it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!