BT spins off Openreach? Will it lead to more FTTP (fibre to the homes)?

• BT has bowed to demands by the telecoms regulator Ofcom to legally separate Openreach, which runs the UK's broadband infrastructure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39228115
    ====
    Well, this is what Sky, City Fibre et all wanted. Will it improve things?

Will it really hasten the roll out of fibre to the home services?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Should improve things. I briefly changed to EE using BTs infrastructure - it was a total disaster thanks to the BT bit and the fact that EE were unable to do anything about it. That at least must change which will increase competition etc. etc.

• I'm on cable, so doesn't affect me.

But Openreach will still be owned by BT, so I cannot see there being any change at all.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• We've been with BT for the past 7 years. I have to admit it is very slow in today's terms with speeds just under 6Mbps but the overall service is excellent now. We've had very few outages and those only very brief ones and if we have had a problem they've been very helpful. It wasn't that way to start with though. We have been put through to 'helplines, ' in India presumably, in the past and been advised to take the telephone socket off the wall and clean the contacts!