Churchill was "a white supremacist and a mass murderer” says SNP MSP

• Green MSP Ross Greer and James Cleverly on Churchill legacy

A Green MSP repeated his social media quote on BBC2's Politics Live that Sir Winston Churchill was "a white supremacist and a mass murderer”.

I caught this at lunch time and was shocked by what this so called MSP was saying.

James Cleverly, a conservative MP who is half Senegali, really put him in his place, but does anyone agree with this SNP twat who looks like he only started shaving recently?

Greer made mention of the many people who died in Bengal from starvation during WW2, and, according to him, that is one of his main charges against Churchill that he let those people starve. But Cleverly pointed out that there was no deliberate attempt to starve Bengal. We just needed the supplies for ourselves as we were fighting for our own lives and parts of our empire did suffer as a result.

Anyone agree with "Mr" Greer?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• No, he's an obnoxious arsehole, if I remember this part of the war correctly , the only way to get supplies into that part of India was to run the gauntlet of Japanese subs, ships and aircraft and we didn't have the spare ships.

• We were fighting for our lives, how could he possibly think that was genocide? He sounds like a complete idiot, one funded by taxpayers money....

• Not only was he fighting for our lives but for Europe’s as well, he knew all about what was happening regarding the (final solution) but what could he do.

All’s fair in love and war.

To call him a white supremacist (That was the point they wanted to get across) is par for the course now, it’s just a part of the jigsaw which intends to erode my past present and future which I referred to in a post which was deleted.

• This 24 year old little arsehole was just on with Piers Morgan , the voters in Scotland ought to be ashamed of themselves for ELECTING this little prick into office , what , at 24 has he ever done ?

• Churchills biggest flaw (in the eyes of Scots nationalists) is that he was English! I get sick and tired of the anti-English rhetoric from the SNP and other Scots nationalists. They have so much hatred you can feel it, even over the internet, and they hypocritically call Brexiters racist!

• it’s just a part of the jigsaw which intends to erode my past present and future which I referred to in a post which was deleted.

It's not deleted, just hidden. The post was mainly off topic as you were talking about a case of discrimination in the fire service, but never provided a link to the news story. I can restore the post and move it to the immigration/race thread, if you wish.

Please try to stick to the topic of the thread.

• Not only was he fighting for our lives but for Europe’s as well, he knew all about what was happening regarding the (final solution) but what could he do.

Ah, now that is interesting and I've have many a debate with people in the past on this specific point.

The Germans were puiting in resources and manpower to carry out their extermination of the Jews, but the manpower wasn't so great, that if it they were "freed" up, it would've made a difference in the outcome of the war. Therefore, on this specific point, I think Churchill should've ordered the RAF to bomb the tracks and perhaps even the trains themselves going to the concentration camps.

This 24 year old little arsehole was just on with Piers Morgan , the voters in Scotland ought to be ashamed of themselves for ELECTING this little prick into office , what , at 24 has he ever done ?

I've never would've thought he was 24, he looks about 15/16.

Churchills biggest flaw (in the eyes of Scots nationalists) is that he was English! I get sick and tired of the anti-English rhetoric from the SNP and other Scots nationalists. They have so much hatred you can feel it, even over the internet, and they hypocritically call Brexiters racist!

Tut. Tut. :) We're all creeping off topic here.

The thread isn't about Scottish nationalism, lets try to keep on subject.

• Very good point, routemaster. One, even I'd forgotten.

Just imagine without Churchill, we'd probably have blond, blue eyed monsters patrolling our streets today.

• I agree I went off topic.

The bombing of the train tracks would have made no difference as it was a mass objective operating on so many fronts hundreds of miles apart.

We could not spare the bombers on a regular enough bases, the trains would have been running a few days later.

• I think that's a valid point, Revo. The concentration camps were spread all over Eastern Europe, so it wasn't just a case of one bombing run and they're all destroyed and as you say, the Germans could've easily rebuilt them. They had enough "free" labour.:(

• well he would say that, wouldnt he. The SNP is just a bunch of english hating fascist, and you expect nothing but vitriol and hate from them. UK labour isnt much better, c.f David Lammys recent remarks.

On the other hand, historically the SNP actually IS a fascist party, and its leaders were arrestedi nWW2 as aprecaution becuase of thier nazi sympathies. And recently, it turns out the Chandelier hangingin Nicola Sturgeons office was inb fact stolen nazi war loot. The nazis looted itin Paris, and then abandoned it i na Paris street when the allies arrived and they had to exit pdq. It was picked up by Lord Bute, smuggled back to Scotland and hung in his house, Bute Hall, which is now the SNP's offices. The French have demanded it back, but have apprarantly been told to rotate on it.

• I agree I went off topic.

The bombing of the train tracks would have made no difference as it was a mass objective operating on so many fronts hundreds of miles apart.

We could not spare the bombers on a regular enough bases, the trains would have been running a few days later.

The Transport Plan made a huge difference. Modern warfare defence relied on being able to move troops and supplies to any point on the front that was being attacked .

Because of the Transport Plan, for example, nearly 1000 ME262 jet fighters werecaught in railway traucks being transported to airfields , and thus destroyed ot rendered useless. Had those been in the air on D Day, they would have wiped out the RAF, since, as a je tfighter, they were vastly superior to the Spirfire, or Hurricane, and even the Mosquito in terms of speed and air performance.

Hundreds of bridges and tunnels were destroyed, bringing the rail and road networks top a standsill. Every single Marshalling Yard in France, which are vital to frieght movement, were destroyed

A German Air Ministry (RLM) report of 13 June 1944 stated: "The raids...have caused the breakdown of all main lines; the Coastal Defences have been cut off from the supply bases in the interior...producing a situation which threatens to have serious consequences." and that although "transportation of essential supplies for the civilian population have been completely...large scale strategic movement of German troops by rail is practically impossible at the present time and must remain so while attacks are maintained at their present intensity"

So, sorry, but your assertion is bollox, The Transport Plan was vital to Overlord, as it crippled the German war Machine, and stopped them reinfocing the beachheads.

As for'we could spare the planes' this also is not a applicible statement. Harris was instructed to condust the Transport Plan, at the same time as Spatz was ordered to conduct the Oil Plan. he had no choice.

You might be intersted in this:

This is the layout of the Target Indicator Board at High Wycombe 3 months before VE Day. Notice the massive section on Transport even then

Heres the Trappes Marshalling Yard after the RAF visited in in 1945

rh2103.jpg