Man! have I found....

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Man! have I found...

the subject of forum greetings and introductions ...to be a minefield...much underused {to mE much abused} and sadly, have run across (as yet-but hope still..) no forum that is willing to PIN there members to a SOLID INTRODUCTION page.

I suspect that that be due (in the main) to every profit making /company forums being not as interested in quality of members posted substance BUT more in measuring the number of members ready to claim, THEIR Icon to be of real Substance. ( I think Horizon alluded to that difficulty-finding even 12 members)

I suspect too, since i've yet too, to find any member on any forum, ready OR willing to raise the INTRODUCTIONs issue, that that be due to the quite natural reluctance to PUT YOURSELF out there 1st ( out there~as in ready to accept all comers, as in even those with a derisory bent )

I have found however, that an intro on a forum, DOES NOT allow the eye-to immediately sus-out another person ,as in face to face (right or wrongly) , for best bet on best method to make 1st approach to that other person or group.

ALSO FOUND~ each icon used, has upon questioning......has not stood up to it's supposed claim. ( *U* may beg to differ_& *i* hope *u* do! )

It is almost like the *real worlds* penchant for *U*-1st, is also prefered & insisted upon on & by forums and this, despite the fact that what follows is supposedly the intent of Forums-person-related.

Now please understand...to me, with only about 3500 days left to my life- my penchant *is* to seek a real FORWARD-LOOK at just what *i* can expect to find....IF *i* & Or *u* get to be so lucky as to be granted a-further attempt to enjoy another life, rather than having as a new born Human, to again HAVE TO deal with Humans seemingly never ending desire for.... *F..K You*....

MOM *E*s~Lexicals

from~ lexicon ( 1-a dictionary~ 2-the vocabulary of a person, language, branch of knowledge, etc )

Discourse~ 1-a conversation; talk~ 2-a dissertation or treatise on an academic subject 3- a connected series of utterances.

Discuss~ 1-hold a conversation about 2-examine by argument

Disease~ 1- an unhealthy condition of a body or of the mind, 2- a corresponding physical condition of plants, 3-a particular kind of disease with special symptoms or location.

Discriminate~ ( Impossible (as a human) not to do so. )

Disembarrass~ ( free from embarrassment )

*Dis-course* [ a connected series of utterances MEANT TO elicit responses BUT/AND.... NOT CLOSED …..until SO SAID ]

now I am tempted at this point to do just as *i* say...

BUT~ as I've already said, other attempts to raise said subject *albeit not the same way as here...* have led to the upset of members AND *i* would rather await... your thoughts on both the matter at hand as well as any thoughts, on just how to go about getting YOUR in depth fingers to help resolve mY~ new born human- issue.

regards

lloyd davies

a.k.a~ Master? Ignorant.

• Hello master

I've given you a private welcome, so here's a public welcome from me too.

The style of how members post is entirely their own business, but it usually helps to post in legible sentences and capital letters normally only go at the beginning of sentences.

• Hello all 0f you,

NOW~ presupposing is NOT an Art~ It *is* a Human Necessity { AND one that started months before *U* were actually BORN.

.....How you do so however, is said to be an art.

Personally I, as a past artist, have found ART itself to be the ugliest 3 letter AND 4 letter word ever invented.

point in case;

Art of War

Art of Politics

Art of denial

but please let's keep that for another day.

So taking that 'necessity' as now understood,

Dear Sir Horizon,

Might I ask if it is policy to greet newcomers by private message. I ask because I note you have done just that with me.

It is not that I object to private messaging as such, just that I~ like *u*, I thought...looking to Horizons have found an awful lot of stumbling about in the dark (as in not upfront & fully transparent) tends to make the reaching of that or any Horizon for that matter.....a REAL and often painful experience.

SO ASK` if *we* could forgo said practice, if indeed a policy.

As for~ the understanding of what I have written~ I have noted before~ SO would again ask that;

1] You ignore any * *(stars) place, again for now~ it is a part of my approach to Horizons and i know, until fully understood, allows for those so inclined to then dismiss...... whatever *i* have to say.

2] If as you say~ my method be hard to understand~ Might *i* ask that *u* and OR...YOU...point to just what it is you are failing to understand.

regards

lloyd davies

a.k.a~ Master? Ignorant.

I note too~ that *u* did not as asked, wait for my 2nd post. (not a complaint- just so that others don't pick up on it... and

Edited once, last by Master? Ignorant: mY English Teacher... way back when? Said " English taught TIGHT *is* because tight English men... are truly still as barbaric as the Celts .. were" I still young then... needed too some time to GET~ what HE meant. (February 3, 2019 at 9:24 AM).

• Perhaps it would be better if *I* take a really GOOD example. It's an attitude that suggests, at least to me, that the poster is, at least in part, aware of just how difficult it is to conduct any sort of Discussion *with* anyone not up to giving the viewer @least...some meat.

A *mind-field* ~ rather than a minefield, such as knowing that He is *NOT* just a conservative. Which as i'm sure you all know is a ..latitude...all of it's own.

Currently have Virgin Media as my broadband, phone and tv provider. Have Freeview, Netflix and Amazon too. Had cable services since the beginning when they first became available in my area which was 1991. Was also a Sky subscriber for over 10 years too. Also had a giant 1.2 metre satellite dish at one point which was popular with the neighbours.8o

If you need any help, or have any feedback or comments for this site, please let me know by posting them here.

Looking forward to great discussion with you all! :):thumbup::thumbup:

Regards
    Horizon
    Site Founder

An example of it would be mentioning THE MULE -supposed -within THE FOUNDATION trilogy. Something none, but those who have read them will get.

THE MULE~ Beast...*with* Burden.

Much like *i* ... with ...*you*.

Burden: YOU & just how slippery *u* individuals are with that difference.

To quote "No,no I didn't mean *u* as an individual BUT YOU...in general."

just googled`The Foundation' and can find no reference to THE MULE.

Its been over 50yrs since I read the series so may have placed that character from another book. don't think so...BUT

Basically THE MULE was THE EXCEPTION to Seldons psychohistory.

Suggestion NOT that *i* be the exception but that each of you consider EXCEPTION from the following viewpoint.

IF *all* humans be unique( & we are )---- how can there ever be an Exception?

Edited 2 times, last by Master? Ignorant (January 30, 2019 at 8:06 AM).

• I suppose if you’re offering up any profile at the very least it should not be cryptic.

I don’t read profiles or introductions I take people at face value.

• Hello Ron,

yes *i* can offer an explanation but to understand it you will need to RE-consider your value for Precision- using the scientific method and answer as honestly as only *u* can, the following set of perspectives.

Look UP..see stars. Look DOWN... see mud- often offered as way to deal with negativity. { LOOK up~ NO Horizons }

Artists, (as in hoping for *Dis-course*) nightmare~ that's nice! (much like- I don't understand it / *u*. When it is impossible {if a long time user of English Mother tongue} to not take *something* from anything read in that Mother tongue. Besides suggesting blankety blank (which is batantly-not the case) It also flies in the face and stated purpose of FORUM itself- Discussion / *Dis-course!*

" Look outside THE BOX... you idiot ".. when in 99% of the cases I've seen THE PROBLEM / ISSUE.. is *in*... THE BOX.

As to why I've from start used them, rather than introducing them later, *u-will* no doubt see ~THAT ALL *is* built in and around a Dictionary THE ENGLISH Dictionary in this case.

AND~ also in this case- I have no idea, (without there being a personal introductions page) whether any of *you* be a Dictionary Head. Nor if *you* or *u* will grasp the 1st fundamental of Dictionary construction.

1st *rule* same as Last *rule*.... Pedantic, pedantic, pedantic..

AND~ I deliberately ~ flying in THE FACE of *them*... will / should ... from start.... tickle / tackle those rules. So bringing both Mother tongues usage, value of *rules* and Pedantic Construction & Constructors (if any, to the fore).

As for *u* Mr/Madam ? Revo.

From tip to base of tongue, *i* thank *u* for your welcome.

Would Revo, by the way, mean *u* are a native to this Mother tongue. If so_ *Face value- is* why this Mother tongue~ constructed THE DICTIONARY in the 1st place.

Yours

Master? Ignorant.

• Hmmm,

Deducting- being 1st wish of every Mother *faced* with child preferring, SHE *wipe its arse for it, infinitum*

AND presumming SHE was successful with *u* too, *i* thank *u* for that curiosity, IT's why SHE~ put its smelly ? , to your nose in the 1st place.

I note that *u* have made your profile unavailable to any but those *u* allow.

So am left with nothing but fact, *u* expect all here to base any conversation ... on what..exactly ?

I (think, I'm seeing) an Icon, that suggest there be something about the comedian ... *in-U*. Not something *i* can claim for mYself. SO SAD- am *i*, at your reluctance.... To Teach mE.

Who knows..." may still get to the other side of Horizon- & *u* will furnish an explanation...for doing so."

• Methinks you are being a tad pretentious what with all the asterisks and such like, of course I could be wrong and no doubt you will confirm that. ;)

And who am I to try and teach anyone anything so I don't even try. :P:D

• Sorry, but I can't be bothered trying to understand your posts. I come here for discussion, not to appease. If you want discourse, then best to make it short and to the point, if possible.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Dear Horizon

( a short aside)

Having a bit of trouble getting the image below into mY Profile page. Perhaps *u* can take a screenshot of it and then post it on mY behalf.

Might *i* also at this juncture ask you to take a look at your forum setting~ to see if it is at all possible to to view THE Forum upon a Dark screen. I do intend to spend a considerable amount of time looking at it~( & yes, *I* do not say this lightly)..... IT *is* worth it )

• I'll upload your pic later. I'm currently on a old computer which makes tasks like web browsing almost impossible, let alone anything else, so I'll do it tonight, around 11.

The forum is a bit bright, but its not something I can change at the moment. All you can do for now, is to turn down the brightness/contrast settings on your own screen.

• Just tried to change your pic on my old pc, but the software won't allow me to edit user's profile pics. You'll need to have another try yourself. Go to your profile page and a small box should appear in the top right corner of the cover photo box to upload your photo.

I'll ask the software developers if this is something than can be altered for the future, as I should be able to alter everything here.

• Thanks.

Brightness / contrast setting LOL~ should have thought that myself.

It will however, a be not... on mY own forum, For all my current images have an alpha channel. In the meantime~ good practice to limit my penchant TO TALK as well... in Images.

• "as I should be able to alter everything here."

don't I know it. Fully customisable  is the reason *i* purchased vB5. ( & of course they were right about it BUT~ not at all clear about the need to be a Goddam programer To Boot.

Anyway~ I'd love to explore that *with* you further~ perhaps in the Philosophy / History Section ? feel well cheated do *I*.

• WHAT?????? I wish this forum had a block utility.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!