Currently listening to...

• Oh, terrif, you've started a music thread!

(The lady has a very saucy dress and has made some lip enlarger doctor 's wallet a lot fatter as well, by the look of it. :))

There, in a mauve light of drifted lupins,

They hung in the cupped hands of mountains

Made of tingling atoms.- Ted Hughes

• She's drunk all the time!

• As Game of Thrones is late and still a few months away, I am currently listening to the music from the last series and excellent it is too!

The music that played during the first part of the final episode, in particular was brilliant, it's called "Light of the Seven" and it starts around 5:25.

Full CD here, which as it's on youtube, is up to them (youtube) to deal with the legalities (or not) of it:

I love theme music to films and tv shows! You add powerful visuals from tv or films coupled with superb music and it's a match made in heaven and one of the most powerful things a human can experience, in my opinion.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• My mum is currently listening to her 50's CDs and very nice the tunes are too. And they are tunes, unlike the songs of today.

• A lot of today's music is crap. It tends to reflect the mindset of the culture creating it. Art imitating life.

• ...love that song! And it has the lyrics too!

We played some 50s songs at my dad's funeral last summer as that was the music he grew up on and its rubbed off on me. I love it!

Not wanting to talk about the same thing in two different threads, but it's like the issue with mumbling and sound quality in tv shows and films today. All the old songs, you can clearly understand. The dialogue is crystal clear in them. But modern songs, it's not.

• Redtail Hawk - Kate Wolf

• ....ooh, I like that.

About 20 years ago on a holiday to California and the West Coast, out first stop was a hotel in San Diego. In the evening, the hotel staff (mostly bar staff and waiters) got on the stage and gave us some tunes very much like that. Sort of country & western and rock mixed together. Love it!

• The Byrds whose wheel is going to explode.

I remember at my father's wedding reception when he married my second step-mother, my sister-in-law got up and danced the go-go round the floor with my father. She caused quite a stir :D

• Well, as the thread title doesn't specify music....;) I am currently listening to a police helicopter flying in the area. Seems to be becoming quite a regular occurrence!

• Formed in 1964 but went through a number incarnations.

• Flight of the Silver Bird

• Never heard of the Byrds, before my time. Were they knocking around the same time as Lennon?

Before my time too but I shared a flat with a couple of hippy mates at university so know of most of it. The Byrds are pretty famous anyway though aren't they??

• ....not with me.

My parents used to play lots of 50s and 60s music, but this group must have escaped me somehow, or I've just forgotten them.

• From someone way down south ...

• I'm listening to some relaxing pan pipes CDs, so, not on here much at the moment.

I'm in a chill phase, Brexit, Putin, whatever, can all wait for another day.

Daniel O'Donnell CD is next.