Game of Thrones

• Okay, finished Season 6 last night.

The production is brilliant, the fighting scenes are so powerful they put you right there under the fallen horses and covered in blood and guts. A real battlefield. GOT is gripping and it has managed to sustain itself on all fronts through 6 Seasons that I've watched.

It is controversial, deeply critical of certain historical events and ideological manifestations which are dissolved in the symbolism of events in the narrative and it pushes the envelope of what is and what is not the norm, placing what is not the norm against the evil machinations of contenders for belief in order to enforce an equally unacceptable norm. It's also a game of norms.

• Just finished Series 7. Brilliant!

Good.:)

Now it's a long wait for the final episodes, sometime in 2019...:(

That last episode set things up nicely, though. All the chess pieces are in their place.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Yes, it has been a solidly magnificent production from episode one. I can't speak for the books as I haven't read them but the film versions are all round excellence that lies in the mix of action, characterisation, gripping intrigue and the linking of events. A true fantasy epic. And the cinematography and special effects are brilliant and the dragons are absolutely fabulous.

• The books are meant to be excellent, whether they're better than the tv episodes, I cannot say, but as always, books are a different medium to tv and film and besides, the tv version is well ahead of the books now.

The tv producers agreed on Day One with George RR Martin how the tv series would end. In fact to be given the chance to adapt the books to television in the first place, the producers had to correctly guess who would win the Game of Thrones and according to Martin, they guessed correctly. (thank goodness, otherwise we'd have no tv show!)

• Horizon

Added the Label Sky
  • Yay! Season 7 now downloading: 1080P courtesy of TPB. Had to go for the H.264 codec version as the smart TV doesn't have 265 support.

5.2 Megabytes / s. Saturated my download.:)

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• It's excellent, really good. You'll enjoy it.

Looking forwards to it. We're currently watching Cowboy Bebop. Still got about 20 episodes to go through.

As for GOT I think we'll probably binge watch starting at the beginning again.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• It's a long wait until new eps of GoT, so binge away while we wait. I'm going to do the same. (time permitting)

• I checked it out last night, it plays fine but the set keeps insisting that there's unsupported content and I can't dismiss the message. Looks like I'll need to recode it into an MKV container. It's MP4 at the moment and the set seems to have problems at times with that container.

Once it's right it'll be binge time.

4312-gwban-gif

• Found how to get rid of the message (try subtitles, content message replaced by not available then message timed out) so series 7 as downloaded will be fine. Good thing as a test transcode of the first episode to MKV took 6 hours to do. Played fine.

Now need to schedule a binge watch. :) ~70 hours? :/

4312-gwban-gif

• Horizon

Added the Label Sky
  • Game of Thrones could be getting a prequel series, HBO has announced, one of five potential spinoffs of the series.

Book author George RR Martin created the new series alongside British screenwriter Jane Goldman.

HBO has ordered a pilot episode for the show, set thousands of years before the battles over the Iron Throne.

Executives say any spinoff will not be broadcast until after Game of Thrones' final season in 2019.

I've said before the reason for the delay in new GoT episodes is so that one of the new prequel series's can get made, well, here's the official story.

They're planning to make up to five prequel series'. Is that too much, or can we never have enough GoT. It could become like Star Wars, goes on forever.

• We're still working our way through the main series.

Difficult to see what a prequel achieves but I guess time will tell.

4312-gwban-gif

• I added your post about Joffrey into a spoiler box Heero, as it gives away a major plotline. I know those episodes are old now, but they maybe still new to some people I fully agree though, brilliant scene! ^^

The young Irish actor who played him is actually really nice in real life and couldn't be as different to that role as possible. Unfortunately the actor was getting lots of abuse for doing that role and he seemed to have quit acting for good.:(

• Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington and Rose Leslie are due to marry in the north east of Scotland on Saturday.

The couple - who played on-screen lovers Jon Snow and Ygritte - met on the fantasy show in 2012.

I'm always a sucker for a love story and it was obvious from the show, that these two got on very well indeed. Lets hope real life doesn't imitate their professional life, otherwise things might get messy!8o

Best wishes to them both.8)

• Just a warning that there are lots of leaks coming out, so be careful what you look at if you don't want the final season ruined.

I've been on the Express site today getting lots of stories for this site, and that site is bloody terrible. Even in the headlines, it's ruining the story without ever clicking onto the actual GoT stories themselves. So, stay clear of the Express' site if you don't want GoT ruined, but leaks are popping up all over the place too, especially out favourite celeb shite fest site, Digital Spy.

• Thanks for the GOT heads up Horizon. We've been watching some other stuff so need to re-run season 5 to get back into it for season 6 which we have yet to watch for the first time.

4312-gwban-gif

• THe Express is awful Heero, really bad. They have a sidebar with all the headlines and all the spoilers are clearly displayed in that.:cursing:

• Just got round to re-running season 5 to get back into it.

The Sun has a feature on the final season (8) here

Obviously don't look as there's a bit of a spoiler but be ready for plenty of dragon action.

4312-gwban-gif

• Nope, not going to read it.:) But thanks for the link anyway. I'm staying away from any site/page that mentions GoT. I don't want it ruined, especially after such a long wait.

Looking forward to what the "other" dragon does.;)

• GoT is finally back on the 14th April and the first official trailer is out now, but a warning...!!!! I've not seen the trailer, but it supposedly contains a major spoiler, so avoid at all costs.

• Thanks, but I'm still staying away from all trailers, teasers etc And trying not to read too many entertainment/news sites either, in case the stories get leaked. The Express site being the worst.