Into the Badlands

• Into the Badlands

(2015)

Overview

In a land controlled by feudal barons, a great warrior and a young boy embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment. A genre-bending martial arts series very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale Journey to the West. Read more

Genres

• Action & Adventure
  • Season 2 of this show which is on America's AMC channel and in the UK is shown on Amazon Prime, has started and its pretty good stuff. If you are not familiar with this show, here is a little summary:

It's a fantasy kung-fu romp where in a future world, the badlands, are controlled by seven barons who each have their own armies of men called clippers. These clippers help to keep law and order and keep the population under control of their barons.

The first episode is about one of these clippers who's a bit like a top general to one of the barons. This clipper finds a kid and takes him to the baron's fort to be trained as a possible future clipper. I'll say no more than that.

This series has potential. Lots of kung fu and sword fighting, if that's your thing. It's not mine, but I enjoyed it anyway!

8/10 for the first season.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Well, it's now into episode three of the second season and while I'm not enjoying it as much as the first, it's still a pretty good show.

• I finished watching season 2 recently and I've changed my mind from my earlier post, I really enjoyed it.

The second season was a little bit more multi-layered than the first and stories and characters were mixed up and thrown into different situations which made it all the more interesting.

I still give the 2nd season 8/10, I made have been a little generous with the 1st season and would probably rate that 7/10 now.

• Horizon

Added the Label Amazon Prime
  • The first episode of season three is now on BT's AMC channel or available by "other" methods....

Without spoiling things for those that have not seen earlier seasons, my opinion of the first episode of this season is there is quite a void to fill.

The episode starts and finishes with even more gratuitous fighting that ever. I really don't need to see the results of someone getting cut up, but the whole episode is soaked in blood as well as this silly kung fu flying through the air nonsense. People can't fly.

I was a bit negative about the beginning of the second season to begin with, so I'll see what happens with this season, before passing judgement.

If you like Game of Thrones style violence and kung fu with a bit of supernatural stuff thrown in, this is the series for you.

6 to 7/10 based on this first episode.

• Just seen the second episode of this 3rd season and still undecided about this season so far. Some new characters have been introduced and its a case of wait and see how their story plays out.

• Well, I'm almost decided now. After watching ep3, it's getting tedious.

• Up to ep 5 now. I think I'm softening a bit. The series has been renewed by AMC, so they'll definitely be more fung fu/sword fighting to come.

• All the series' I am currently watching seemed to have had a break last week, but they are all back this week and I've just seen the latest ep and I'm liking it again.