Neighbours from Hell

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Today is a VERY good day for me. Here's why:

P1800397.JPG

My neighbours from hell are moving out:!::):):):):)

Well, they're renting their house out, so there's always a chance they may come back, but I hope not.

I've spoken a lot about my neighbours from hell a lot when I first started this site up and said I would always have a thread about them. Well, what better time to start the story at the end of the saga. I'll have lots to say on this subject and who knows what tomorrow may bring, but today is a VERY good day.

Oh, my neighbour the other side of me dropped dead six months ago, so I'm going to get new neighbours on that side too. Wish me luck.

Do you have a neighbour from hell, or ever had any bad experiences with neighbours? Here's the place to offload about them all.

But for now, au revior scumbag neighbours.8)

• Congratulations, Horizon. I hope you get good neighbours.

We got a good result on our first house, a new build semi. The attached neighbours were extremely noisy, and if we turned our TV/music up to drown out their noise they would bang on the wall.

We decided we needed a detached, and put the semi on the market. Our neighbours were well known locally as a loud mouthed family and it was when house prices were dropping so we had to keep dropping the price. We eventually sold the house to the sister of the neighbour's wife, who was even louder than our neighbour. We then couldn't afford the new build house we had reserved (that price never went down), but found our current bungalow, so all worked out well for us. Not so good for our original neighbours ... they moved out after 6 months, to a different house on the same estate. I don't know how they managed to sell it. Maybe it was to another family member as it was a very large family who all lived locally. :)

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• My scum neighbours have now gone.:):)

Congratulations, Horizon. I hope you get good neighbours.

Thanks Fidget, hope so too, especially as it will be two different sets of them.

I've had banging on walls and noise for ages, but the real problem was the NFH who I will refer to as scum senior in this thread. More on him in the future.

Would love to have a detached house, who knows perhaps one day. Feel very sorry for people especially those in flats who have NFHs - neighbours from hell.

Glad it all worked out for you Fidget.

• We've been lucky that all the neighbours over the years have been pretty decent, only really noisy ones are about 4 houses down and own vintage motorbikes that seem to need revving too much. Fortunately not too often and their place is on the market at the moment.

• Almost one week on and so far so good as far as my new neighbours are concerned.

I suspect they haven't full moved in yet, as they didn't use moving lorries or anything last weekend, just their own cars and a little van. No doubt I will find out one way or the other soon.

• Almost one week on and so far so good as far as my new neighbours are concerned.

Good to hear. You can do without extra stress at the moment.

Oh good, hopefully you'll be rid of them soon, Heero.

Interestingly the board actually is a "To Let" so they might be out quite quickly.:)

• My new neighbours look like something out of the cast of Eastenders Heero, so I'm not hopeful, but we'll see.

The problem with people renting, at least in my area, is they don't give a damn about anything and it makes the area something more akin to central London. Everything and everyone becomes transient, rather than everything being the same. Not good for a community at all.

Good luck with whoever moves in, Heero.

• Have you got any where you are? At least you have the sun.:)

well this is a row of bungalows, all sort of half detached (the next door attached by one room , the front half of the building isnt attached to any other), and this is the end of the row. These are called 'urbanisations' , there thousands of them all over Spain, its 100 square metres and cost us 1/3 of what we sold up in Uk for. The two next to us are holiday lets, so empty most of the time. Thers plenty of people around, but at a respectable arms length. We are also in spitting distance of three bars, a swimming pool , severakl supermarkets, and 5 mins to the beach.

Food is cheap, energy cheaper, second hand cars are expensive (cos they dont rust, all you have to do is keep fixing the mechanics and engine) so even a 25 year old car which is physically sound, and a good runner, is worth £1000

I managed to get a small Fiat Sciencento, 2003, 54k on the clock £1000. its a good little town car, 1.1 sport (54 HP) but the power to weight ratio means it goes like a rocket. Road tax for it is £22.......

The spanish are appalling drivers. They havent a clue how roundabouts work, cos they didnt have them 40 years ago. You have to have eyes in the back of your head when you drive. They have no patience, and they park anywhere they like, including on roundabouts.

• My new neighbours look like something out of the cast of Eastenders Heero, so I'm not hopeful, but we'll see.

The problem with people renting, at least in my area, is they don't give a damn about anything and it makes the area something more akin to central London. Everything and everyone becomes transient, rather than everything being the same. Not good for a community at all.

A couple of updates:

The new neighbours (the renters) who moved in a few months ago, haven't been too bad, but bit by bit, the noise levels are going up.

Two weekends ago, they'd been shopping and they purchased a patio heater that they have on each evening until at least 11pm and sometimes into the early hours. It sounds like a plane is taking off. But their other main purchase was a outside sauna bath and they appear to enjoy having late night baths outside, all of them...

Will be a fun summer...which gets me to the next update.

My neighbour the other side of me, whom I share a drive with, died last Autumn and the house has now been sold. A African family is just moving in as I type this. We'll see how it goes with them, but now I have two sets of new neighbours either side of me and just as my own personal circumstances are rapidly deteriorating too...

What's the saying, it never rains but pours, or something like that.:|

• It's a difficult subject because more often than not both parties will refer to the other person as the neighbour from hell. Example, I would hate for my neighbour to have a caravan or a transit van stuck on their driveway. I would hate it if they didn't cut their lawn, or play loud music. On the other hand, if my neighbour did all those things and I complained, they would consider me the neighbour from hell, because they have low standards and are slobs. I have a feeling Horizon is probably more like me though.

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!