• I find it unbelievable there is an apparent outcry of rage and politically correct/feminist incandescence over a headline in the Mail mentioning May and Sturgeon's legs in a photo.

Seriously? :/ Apparently it's "moronic" and "sexist". This is nonsense, its a bit of fun. What is wrong with people???

link

• Do I be PC here or not....? As it's the 21st century, then yes.

When do commentators ever talk about the looks of male political figures? Very rarely, I'd say. Cameron and his hair. Eric Pickles and his waistline. That's about if for the last few years.

Ladies have legs and unlike men who wear trousers (or at least most of them do...) the legs will be show from time-to-time.

Get over it chaps!

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• No, H, I think it's important that they show a bit of testosterone at times (all the time as far as I'm concerned as I am not a feminist.) I think the ladies look great and although May has a rather odd fashion sense I love the way she wears a boring grey corporate suit, sticks out her feet from under a table and whoo-hoo, she is wearing bright red shoes! Way ta go, Madam. Never give up your personality for silly codes based on even sillier beliefs about people and what they should and shouldn't be and do.

It's very fortunate I am not in a position of power. People would think a water gypsy had taken up residence in the halls of greatness.

• This whole outrage thing every time they see the smallest opportunity is becoming quite pathetic, to say nothing of boring. Goes on where I am too. I'm hoping they'll get bored with it in time. It's just becoming a case of reflexive "yadda, yadda, yadda" every time opportunity knocks.

• I read somewhere in one of the papers this morning that May has taken it all in good part and said she doesn't mind people having a little amusement at her expense.

• Good for her. The big bead necklaces and amazing shoe collection, split skirts and who knows what else do give her a hint of fire and self determination and you need that in a Brexit politician. That is what independence is all about. Being yourself. Not being a grey little comrade of the great starry flag of disciples.

• It was in the Daily Mail so obviously wasn't intended to be taken seriously.

As far as the paper goes, if you go beyond the headlines, it's still a pretty good read, although I don't buy if regularly now. (My subs to the Times and Telegraph together with the BBC provide the bulk of my news needs.) But the online version is simply junk. Celebrity crap aimed at a American audience.

• I read somewhere in one of the papers this morning that May has taken it all in good part and said she doesn't mind people having a little amusement at her expense.

Good for her. The big bead necklaces and amazing shoe collection, split skirts and who knows what else do give her a hint of fire and self determination and you need that in a Brexit politician. That is what independence is all about. Being yourself. Not being a grey little comrade of the great starry flag of disciples.

The "Mrs Bone" comment made me laugh last year (and I needed every laugh I could get..) so yes, she does have a bit of fire within her and she can take a few jokes at her expense.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37706836

• As far as the paper goes, if you go beyond the headlines, it's still a pretty good read, although I don't buy if regularly now. (My subs to the Times and Telegraph together with the BBC provide the bulk of my news needs.) But the online version is simply junk. Celebrity crap aimed at a American audience.

Last time I read it was when they gave it out as a freebie. I thought it was pretty rubbish then I remember an article about Philip Green and family. No real content just attacking them. They deserve it I'm sure but it's not exactly great journalism...

• The Mail are attack dogs, no doubt about that. After Murdoch, Paul Dacre, the Mail's editor, is the most feared person on Fleet Street.