Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

• A former British soldier faces murder charges over the killing of two people on Bloody Sunday in Londonderry in 1972.

The Public Prosecution Service said there was enough evidence to prosecute Soldier F for the murders of James Wray and William McKinney.

He also faces charges for the attempted murders of Patrick O'Donnell, Joseph Friel, Joe Mahon and Michael Quinn.

Thirteen people were shot dead at a civil rights march on 30 January 1972

Blair started all this off, saying he would prosecute soldiers if need be. 1972 is a long time ago and it wont bring those who were killed, back, so what's the point of it?

Is this prosecution just to appease the IRA, or whatever they are calling themselves these days?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It's disgusting, when IRA terrorists get a free pass for all those murders, most of them innocent civilians. He should get a medal instead of a sentence, if he took out confirmed terrorists. Someone will know whether those killed were terrorists, or not.

• Those that were killed were civilians.

We don't know what really happened on that day because Gerry Adams and chums refused to take part into the inquiry of events on Bloody Sunday.

I've no doubt that if the paras felt threatened, they would shoot first and ask questions later. They are the warriors who are put right at the front of every battle. They are this country's war fighters.

What we don't know is the IRA's activities on that day and whether there was a shot or shots fired against the paras by the IRA with the sole intention of getting the paras to open fire against the crowds.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.