"The Donald" general chit chat thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I can only conclude that my comments and participation on this forum are no longer welcome. It seems that my brand of politics is too diagonally opposed to and therefore, does not suit the conservative ethos of this forum . Fair enough.

Don't do that !

Ok this is a forum dominated by right wingers, even the moderators, but for balance it should allow other opinions. If it doesn't it smacks of censorship and control, and I would be off

• She is paid by the US government to be the spokesperson for the executive branch, primarily the president. For a spokesperson to be effective, he or she must have credibility and can command respect.

She used to diss Donald Trump like hell but has been singing his and his family's praises since the family won. If that's loyalty and credibility to you, then fair enough.

She is competent in telling lies, that's true.

Hi Schmaltz

Thought you might like this. It’s the lady in full flight in todays press briefing at the Whitehouse. I know you’re still having trouble with facts and truth so I emplore you to watch this for guidance.

Enjoy

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• I find it mystifying and offensive that my post about Donald Trump's fake-news tweet about the "racist baby" was deleted.

Apparently, my post was off topic. But this is "The Donald general chit chat" and my post was about The Donald's tweet. Therefore, it couldn't have been judged as off topic. I would have thought that the better option was to have moved it to the relevant topic just like before. Unless, of course, the moderator found my post unacceptable, somehow.

I can only conclude that my comments and participation on this forum are no longer welcome. It seems that my brand of politics is too diagonally opposed to and therefore, does not suit the conservative ethos of this forum . Fair enough.

Thank you, Horizon, for allowing me a period of time to be part of your forum. I will delete my account and if I am unable to do so immediately, please feel free to delete it on my behalf.

The place to post complaints is in the feedback forum, not making a public show of it here and taking this thread off topic forcing me to reply to it, thus taking it further off topic.

If you had given me a chance, I would've reviewed my decision and I would've told you that my decision was wrong and the video was clearly about Trump and on topic.

Sometimes I only get a few minutes a day to spend on the site and all of that is taken up with housekeeping operations which is done at haste. I make mistakes.

Your post has been restored.

And for the record, I never censor anything based on my own political views. (I can't stand Trump, by the way). All views are welcome here, including yours, no point in having a forum if it just becomes a echo chamber for one point of view.

• Great to see the unfolding of Trump at his rally in Tulsa, half empty stadium and the most crass comment imaginable even for him - "Too many people getting infected, then stop getting tested, that will keep the numbers down". And people voted for and support this lying racist idiot

Thankfully he's behind in the polls with Biden storming ahead. BLM, the virus, and collapsing economy will at last see him off

• The place to post complaints is in the feedback forum, not making a public show of it here and taking this thread off topic forcing me to reply to it, thus taking it further off topic.

If you had given me a chance, I would've reviewed my decision and I would've told you that my decision was wrong and the video was clearly about Trump and on topic.

Sometimes I only get a few minutes a day to spend on the site and all of that is taken up with housekeeping operations which is done at haste. I make mistakes.

Your post has been restored.

And for the record, I never censor anything based on my own political views. (I can't stand Trump, by the way). All views are welcome here, including yours, no point in having a forum if it just becomes a echo chamber for one point of view.

I understand Schmaltz's and Horizon's viewpoints.

To Schmaltz I would say this: when it comes to moderating and deleting, FB is forum heaven compared with Times On-Line. Also, I'd far rather fall victim to moderating intervention and deleting from Horizon occasionally experiencing a bad or busy day than fall foul of ToL's relentless PC-programmed computer.

To Horizon I would say that, unless in reply to something said in an off-public conversation, it's great for a complaint to be transparent, particularly as you have a tendency to be open and impartial in your verdict (and you always sweep the complaint under the public carpet if it is needlessly embarrassing, objectionable or going nowhere! I say all this as someone who has on occasion stretched Forum's Box to its outer limits and offended or bored rigid other members. yet somehow, I'm still here!

• "Nigel Farage trip to attend Donald Trump rally investigated by homeland security committee"

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-fa…mittee-12012928

Like Cummings, it's one law for "them" and another for the rest of us

There is of course hope that they might keep him, and we don't allow him back in

Farage is currently unemployed, so wants to raise his profile, but is this the right way to go about it? And I fail to see what Trump gets out of, but yes, so much for rules...:rolleyes:

• Hi Schmaltz

Thought you might like this. It’s the lady in full flight in todays press briefing at the Whitehouse. I know you’re still having trouble with facts and truth so I emplore you to watch this for guidance.

Enjoy

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I choose for the moment to to put myself in Schmaltz's shoes because, of the web links you offer, I haven't the faintest idea what I should be watching that you think offers me "guidance" on "facts and truth".

Sure, we all know that that left wing and right wing politicians and their parties - and the media - are unwilling, incapable or highly reluctant to be even handed in their selection and presentation/editing of news or events which support versus undermine their political agenda/bias.

When there is a newsreel that is practically impossible to fake (eg Seattle's Chaz) the reality survives a manipulating presenter.

Thinking it through, this particular Forum Box thread (Trump's chit chat) is bound to end up in trivial arguments, where facts and truth are not really the thread topic. It's an easy trap for the commenter/ poster to fall into, of disputing the veracity of Trump's chit chat when the underlying inarguable assumption must surely be that veracity is beside the point for both Trump and this particular thread.

• Farage is currently unemployed, so wants to raise his profile, but is this the right way to go about it? And I fail to see what Trump gets out of, but yes, so much for rules...:rolleyes:

Farage isn't unemployed, he is self-employed, and he chooses to live off his capital, or the fruits of capital investment, or contributions from wealthy people who share his political agenda and believe Farage can progress that agenda.

I share what I think is your thought too, which is that Farage might have become a spent force. To be fair to Farage, he was hugely intrumental in achieving Brexit which, fingers crossed, showed little sign of undergoing a reversal.

I think Farage might be searching for a dual UK-US passport so as to go where the grass is greener.

Preposterous though it might strike you, I think it is fair or at least understandable and reasonable that someone powerful and entitled enough to impose an exception to the rule, should be able to exercise that exception if they believe such a person has a contribution to make. If you think otherwise then you are confusing democracy with people-power. The exceptionalism I am referrimng to is not hugely different to a university being able to override a ban or quota on employing academics from an overseas country if they can argue that the academic has plusses rare or hard to find within the home population. For a while in Britain that double-standard rule applied to all incoming foreign employees who didn't have a British work permit and the employer had to explain the niche eligibility. If that home country's mass public don't like this apparent double standard, that's just tough. The positives aspects of elitism should be encouraged. Granted, Farage's contribution is to Republicans (or Trumpians) rather than Democrats but that's approximately half of the USA.

• Preposterous though it might strike you, I think it is fair or at least understandable and reasonable that someone powerful and entitled enough to impose an exception to the rule, should be able to exercise that exception if they believe such a person has a contribution to make.

For Trump personally, not for the good of the nation, so no it's not reasonable.

If you think otherwise then you are confusing democracy with people-power.

I don't believe I am the one getting democracy mixed up with people power here.

• Trumpisms

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that can teach our children."

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes I may or may not have made."

"I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change."

"I have made good judgements in the past. I have made good judgements in the future."

• "DONALD TRUMP slammed critics' racism claims and said they're "slandering" World War Two and Civil War heroes in a fiery Fourth of July speech."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12035439/…-washington-dc/

Of course he's forgotten that black soldiers were marshalled into segregated units in WW2

From the link

""We will safeguard our values, traditions, customs, and beliefs.""

In other words we will defend our white racist supremacy

• I am not really a Trump fan BUT I was impressed by "The Donald's" independence speech. His respect for America and the American way of life is to be admired. It's refreshing to hear political leaders now a days praise their country and it's people in such an honest and forthright way..... Most of them are scared of the political backlash from the Snowflakes and the PC obsessed idiots.

The Voice of Reason

• I am not really a Trump fan BUT I was impressed by "The Donald's" independence speech. His respect for America and the American way of life is to be admired. It's refreshing to hear political leaders now a days praise their country and it's people in such an honest and forthright way..... Most of them are scared of the political backlash from the Snowflakes and the PC obsessed idiots.

It was very divisive, at a time when reconciliation is needed over there

• Well here’s something I never thought I would say; Russell Brand has made some very well observed and constructed points. I don’t necessarily agree with everything he is saying but overall this is an enjoyable and enlightening watch.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• One justice system for criminals in the USA but a "Get out of jail card" for the crooked criminal circus connections of Trump

Ans stupid people still worship this guy, hopefully the US electorate will send him packing and then watch the dirt come out

"SKIPPING STONE Roger Stone says Trump ‘saved’ his life after president commuted three-year sentence for lying to Congress & FBI"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12093490/…ed-prison-cime/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!