"The Donald" general chit chat thread

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • It did cheer me up, especially coming in after a five hour session cutting more ivy. And I have to say our mayor has never looked nicer! ^^

Yeah, you've mentioned about him before. I'm going to have to listen to one of his shows at some point. I've heard a bit of Farage and a few others, but not familiar with this bloke - yet.

He is the most obnoxious prick on radio , a rabid Remainer who can link anything to Brexit on a daily basis and is a leftie luvvie to boot , add the odious Shelagh PC Fogarty to the early afternoon show and I think LBC does itself no favours .

• I've seen nothing on the TV. Absolutely zero. I must assume that 'Trump bashing' is worth an hourly report but Khan bashing is banned!

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Trump to boy: Do you believe in Santa?

Trump is a total cun...

What on earth did he think he was doing asking a small kid such a question? I utterly hate him.

• I like Trump, for the following reasons:

1. He has tried to do what he promised to do. Quite a rare occurrence amongst modern day politicians.

2. He is less likely to be bribed, as he is already wealthy. How many senior politicians suddenly acquire great wealth, which they did not have before?

3. He says what he thinks. It doesn't mean you have to agree with or like what he says, but it shows the real person rather than a PC 'fake persona' that means absolutely nothing, except that they can be manipulated to say what others want them to say.

4. I think his intervention with unfair trade deals is good for USA citizens. Too many politicians put their own citizens last so they can appear lady or lord bountiful. I have no problem with disaster relief or similar, but it annoys me to death when we send 'aid' to countries with their own space projects, and governments who take the cash without giving any benefits to their citizens. Oh, and millions to 'girl bands' (fortunately this was stopped) and unused Polish airports and motorways while our own infrastructure goes to hell.

Trump is not perfect. What person is? Despite all his faults he is far superior to career politicians who have never had to work for a living, or learn from their own mistakes. Citizens pay the cost of politicians' mistakes and until that changes they will always feel superior to us common folk.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I agree with you on the trade bit. There has been a inbalance of trade with China for decades and their stealing everyone else's intellectual property doesn't help matters.

Saying what you think is fine for most people, but for a world leader, a bit of tact and decorum are required, something Trump is lacking in both camps.

As for fake personas, he's been a fake all along. He promised riches to the rust belt, something he can never deliver on. Rather than concentrating on past industries, he should've been putting all his efforts into job creation for new industries, not promising something he cannot deliver.

And just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they cannot be bribed. There are various ways to bribe someone, especially someone in his position.

I think now that the Democrats are about to take control of congress, regardless of what noise Trump may make on every given subject or person, he will in effect just become a lame duck president now

• Amen to your entire comment. I find it depressing that these seem to be the views of a minoriy

Happy New Year

• 1 To use your vernacular, f--k tact and decorum. Trump is not lacking this; he is gifted with its opposite

2 A fake persona? Well, you're certainly the genuine article!!

- If he's been a fake all along, doesn't that become the real thing? If not, what do you think he's hiding?

- What do you think he once was that has changed? Over-promising? Gee, there's a first for a politician!

- Being in denial? What if they're telling lies or fabrications about him?
    - Paranoia? What if they're out to get him?

3 How many days or months or years will you give him to bring "riches to the rust belt" before you decide it was a promise he can never deliver? In making your estimate please allow for the fact that half of America, if not the world, including you, are trying to strip his powers and remove him from offices? Also allow for the fact that he can't perform the same tricks as God, in creating the world in 7 days.

4 He must be kicking himself for hiring you as his economic adviser. The fact that US employment has reached a record high under his watch is, for you, one of those inconvenient truths that is best ignored.

5 And just because someone is poor doesn't mean they too won't take a bribe. And just because the laws of probability and common sense point to those with practically everything they want being far less likely to take a bribe compared those struggling and resentful, doesn't alter the likelihood that you will exercise a warped unfounded prejudice.

6 Democrats take control of congress, Trump to become a lame duck president? I'm sure you're in with a chance of that happening. Well done! Break open a bottle of Pomagne to enjoy alongside your bile! Your half of the Western world can soon restore us to those good ole post-9/11 days.

Happy 2019!

• He is a ignorant, narcissist idiot.

On rust belt jobs, he cannot bring back jobs that have gone permanently, unless Americans decide they want to pay a lot more money for only American made cars. He is lying to those people.

On unemployment figures, the economy was doing better long before Trump came into office, but his tax cuts have helped to stimulate business further, so I partially agree on that.

• He is a ignorant, narcissist idiot.

On rust belt jobs, he cannot bring back jobs that have gone permanently, unless Americans decide they want to pay a lot more money for only American made cars. He is lying to those people.

On unemployment figures, the economy was doing better long before Trump came into office, but his tax cuts have helped to stimulate business further, so I partially agree on that.

That's a pretty flimsy and petulant response to my 6 points. Even Trump could do better than that

In the rust belt, people who are unemployed will be most grateful to do any job which makes use of their abilities, isn't demeaning and enables them to (help) put food on the table. To argue about not being able to offer the type of jobs that have gone permanently is disingenuous or pathetic.

On my point 3 I suppose getting your "partial agreement" is the equivalent of an unreserved accolade! Gee, thanks!

In politics how would you define the difference between lying to people and making a promise you intend to try and keep which might take longer than hoped? Do you think every politician stating their intent should always to add ".... look, this is what I'm aiming to do but I can't guarantee if or when it will happen"? Don't you realise that a fairly dim citizen takes that caveat as read.

What's the point of a forum if one can't ever be persuaded to have a change of mind or take on board another interpretation or viewpoint?

• Why not? We have ornate cavalry and horse drawn guns at our military displays. ;)

I am always impressed by the horses, especially the drum horses.

• Trump sharpens attack on UK ambassador Kim Darroch over emails

US President Donald Trump has stepped up his attack on the UK's ambassador in Washington, saying "we will no longer deal with him".

In tweets on Monday, he said Sir Kim Darroch was "not liked or well thought of within the US".

Sir Kim had described President Trump's administration as "inept" in leaked emails.

For those reading this in the future or are not aware of this story, the UK's ambassador to America sent messages back home saying that Trump was inept and his administration in chaos and Trump has been venting off on Twitter about it ever since. This story is the latest in the saga that's been going on over the last few days.

Can anyone really take this man seriously? He is just a babyman. It's not as if he's just about to take the world into a conflict with Iran or anything, or has anything else better to do like run a country...:rolleyes:

Will Trump kick out our ambassador for insulting the "great" man?

• Trump has done well for his country, despite his brashness. Whereas, we have May, who goes out of her way to sell our country short. I know which I prefer.

You don't have to like a person to appreciate that they are doing a lot of good things for their country. I can't understand the criticism Trump gets in the UK, unless ... with Trump 'on our side' it reduces the effectiveness of the EU's blackmail.

This diplomatic row is the machinations of the Remain contingent.

• For those reading this in the future or are not aware of this story, the UK's ambassador to America sent messages back home saying that Trump was inept and his administration in chaos and Trump has been venting off on Twitter about it ever since. This story is the latest in the saga that's been going on over the last few days.

Can anyone really take this man seriously? He is just a babyman. It's not as if he's just about to take the world into a conflict with Iran or anything, or has anything else better to do like run a country...:rolleyes:

Will Trump kick out our ambassador for insulting the "great" man?

On the other hand , keep your mouth shut and thoughts to yourself when trying to get a trade deal with the man , it almost stinks of a remainer stitch up , I hope they find the culprit .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!