New Zealand mosque attacks

• Forty-nine people have been killed and at least 20 wounded in shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described the incident as a terrorist attack and one of New Zealand's "darkest days".

A man in his late twenties was charged with murder and will appear in court on Saturday morning, police confirmed.

I gather that armed police have been deployed outside London mosques too.

No justification for this and I hope the culprits are put away for a long time.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I don't condone this, but I am surprised there haven't been more incidents of this kind, especially in Europe. I am sure we have our share of religious nutters, although not as many as Islam seem to have.

• Be nice when there comes a time when people aren't killing each other over some fantasy deity, but that will be way beyond my lifetime.

• I don't think its the religion per se that's the problem, but those that misue religion for their own interests.

• I don't think its the religion per se that's the problem, but those that misue religion for their own interests.

Anybody that thinks an area with a high muslim content remains liberal is utterly deluded , this is what upsets the indigenous population , ask people in Luton, Peterborough and parts of the big English cities , our snowflake politicians are to blame for allowing it in the first place , they are not misusing Islam , it is the reality of it IMPO.