Conservation

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • A new hybrid solar PV and battery storage facility in the Northern Cape [South Africa] will be one of the world's largest of its kind.

SEE | This is one of the world's biggest solar PV, battery projects - in SA's backyard | Fin24
    One of the world's largest solar PV and battery storage projects will be based in the Northern Cape. It is 10km wide and will include about two million solar…
    www.news24.com

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Isn't it incredibly small! But then, sometimes very small things escape the extinctions larger things do not.

• A new hybrid solar PV and battery storage facility in the Northern Cape [South Africa] will be one of the world's largest of its kind.

https://www.news24.com/fin24/e…-in-sas-backyard-20220721

As you might recall LW, I've asked you about solar before in your country considering it has a "little" bit more sun than the UK, so this is very welcome news.

Perhaps Africa may become the new energy powerhouse for the entire world over the decades ahead. There certainly needs to be a change away from the Russkies and Saudis.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• We're a BRIC country, H. We're quids in with the Russkies and the Chinese 8)

Things will sort themselves out in time. The world is changing. Some just can't accept it. The old, mouldy money brigade are going to have to give up their dominance of the west as a new brigade comes in from the east. They should be considering retreating gracefully as they have fecked us all about for centuries, under the threats of adopted religion, but they are trying to get a last gasp in. I hope they expire trying.

(Just my view of them. To be honest, I have no faith in what the US has done to the west and poodling to the bigwigs is not what anyone should be doing right now.)

• Humans are the biggest pollution problem on the planet. I hate capitalism. We are also turning into plastic as we eat the foods like fish that eat plastic. Even plastic in the soil is absorbed by vegetables and then we eat the vegetables. We will eventually turn into vegetables.

• Humans are the biggest pollution problem on the planet. I hate capitalism. We are also turning into plastic as we eat the foods like fish that eat plastic. Even plastic in the soil is absorbed by vegetables and then we eat the vegetables. We will eventually turn into vegetables.

I have green shoots growing out of my head…

…I think I’m turning into a carrot 🥕

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Plastic pollution: Birds all over the world are living in our rubbish

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-62407026

This was a big story on UK news channels yesterday and its PPE rubbish that the birds are getting caught up it. That's what the news all focused on.

The stuff meant to protect us is now killing other creatures because some people are too ignorant and lazy to put their rubbish in a bin.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!