French artist turns chicken for three-week egg hatching

• I wasn't sure whether to put this in the general chat or news section but .....

French artist Abraham Poincheval - who has already spent two weeks living inside a stuffed bear - plans to commune with the humble chicken for his latest performance stunt.

How? By incubating 10 eggs with his own body heat.

He will live inside a glass vivarium until his charges hatch, watched by visitors to the Palais de Tokyo museum in Paris.

Poincheval expects the process to last between 21 and 26 days.

"I will, broadly speaking, become a chicken," he said.
    The artist, 44, began the performance - titled "Oeuf" (Egg) - on Wednesday.

Rather than sitting on the eggs directly, he is deploying a chair with a container under its seat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39434313

Now you can call me old fashioned but I should imagine that not so many years ago, someone carrying on like this would be put into mental hospital and treated. My only problem would be in deciding whether the person locked up should be the 'artist ' or anyone who thinks that what he does is art.:confused:

• I wasn't sure whether to put this in the general chat or news section but .....

If it were a serious news item, then it would go in the news section, but it doesn't matter for things like this. I'll try not to be too much of a fascist how things are organised.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• If people are willing to pay for some Frenchman to sit on chicken's eggs then there is something wrong with people.

I agree somewhat about the egg sitter. Fools and their money and all that ... but as an artist myself I don't agree with the way the artist is abusing his craft.

• LW: All your new smilies are reminding me I've got to upload some more for this site, especially animated ones like yours.

• Rather than sitting on the eggs directly, he is deploying a chair with a container under its seat.

What happens when he farts...? :)

(sorry, totally disgusting, I know)