Will Kashmir's Status Ever Be Resolved?

• Should India and Pakistan step back and allow the people who actually live in Kashmir to decide their ultimate fate?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Balakot: India 'strikes militants in Pakistani territory'

India says it launched air strikes against militants in Pakistani territory in a major escalation of tensions between the two countries.

A top Indian minister said strikes targeted a training camp of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) group in Balakot.

Pakistan said it scrambled fighter planes in response.

Relations between the nuclear-armed neighbours have been strained since a suicide attack earlier this month that killed more than 40 Indian troops.

Things seem to "pop" between India and Pakistan over Kashmir every ten years or so and this looks like it's heading towards another serious clash between the two countries.

Should India and Pakistan get the UN involved to decide Kashmir's status, or as in my OP, let the people that actually live there decide their own fate?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.