South China Seas: Does China Want A War?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Why US will lose a war with China over Taiwan island - Global Times

The thing that got my attention from that article was this:

But the Chinese are different. China's history of the whole-of-society commitment to core national security priorities is legendary. The rebellions and unrests in the 19th century cost millions of Chinese lives. Twentieth century Chinese civil war losses ranged between 5 and 8 million, and 360,000 Chinese died in Korea, while routing and humiliating US and UN forces. In each case, the dynasties emerged stronger.

When they're talking about they can "easily" accept losses of millions of their own people, which is what they are saying, I think we should stand up and take notice.

I think the Chinese Communist Party is the biggest threat to the world now since Hitler.

If they sent countless warships close to Taiwan, how would the West respond and for how long would they be able to keep that response alive? It could become hugely expensive for us and deplete our resources in terms of tackling problems elsewhere in the world.

Depends what the warships are doing, doesn't it? If they start shooting at each other, all bets are off.

• The West has been pushing them into this. We want an excuse for war on China after COVID, especially the war monger US and then there's their hanger on's like the UK and Australia etc. They need an excuse to get the public on side so fabricate a situation that pushes on China and forces their hand. Our presence in the South China sea and the Royal Navy Frigate passing through is like saying 'well we can do this' so China then do something to say 'well we can do this'. Both sides flexing their muscles. A game of one-upmanship pushing closer and closer to breaking point. Things have been brewing in the South China sea with the US since long before COVID and COVID is just the icing on the cake and means to push even closer to attacking China

I'm still not convinced that it wasn't the CIA planting the (bio weapon) virus in China. It's a means to an end a bit like sending CIA out to Afghan to train up soldiers to then go onto to have a war with them later down the road. War is never an accident and is pre planned well in advance. Talking about Afghan the pulling out of there has opened doors for China so there's also that we want to try and put a stop to. Personally I would let them have it. We had our chance so give someone else a chance but then maybe that is how we fight Afghan now by blocking any money funding the country and people. That's trade we don't want China to have and money we don't want to feed the Taliban. Kill two birds with one stone without being directly blamed for it. It will all be China's fault. Well, that's how it will be portrayed to us in the propaganda to get the support for war, not to mention that many people want something done to China over COVID because we have been led to believe they are at fault for that. They maybe or they may not. We will never know for sure.

You can bet your life there is at least one nuclear sub out there in those waters. Actually there will be two nuclear subs out there. I guess the US will have one and we will most defiantly without any doubt whatsoever have one as a support vessel for the fleet. Whether we have one with nuclear missiles onboard is highly questionable but there we will have a nuclear sub out there without a doubt. But if there is one with Nukes onboard then we would require a hunter killer sub to protect the the other so I doubt there are Nuke nukes out there, but cruise missiles ready to launch. And TBH I would not be surprised if the Russians have one out there sniffing about and they are all playing cat and mouse. That could be dangerous as the Russians could easily be in contact with China and act as a diversion. The yanks have their buddies so China will have theirs. Anyone that thinks we are out there on training and playing war games with allies and patrolling the waters is nieve. This is real war games not training or testing new vessels.

• The West has been pushing them into this. We want an excuse for war on China after COVID, especially the war monger US and then there's their hanger on's like the UK and Australia etc.

The time I checked Norra, we haven't been flying tons of planes near China's airspace or building artificial islands off their coastline and building military bases on them, so I disagree with your take on who has been pushing who.

• Yeh maybe but then China has not been flying planes over our countries or building an island in waters just offshore our countries. Were sticking our beaks in again in other peoples business. The only attack they have put on us directly is financial through the business industry. But then we are happy to take advantage of that and buy cheap Chinese goods. Were even happy to take their money as foreign students and give them the education to use against us much in the same way as the CIA training those in the Middle East. Heck the US even bought Chinese facial recognition cameras to install in Pakistan.

Bombs away...

Screenshot-20210911-093342-Reddit.jpg

• Anyway lets get real here. Russia fly and sail into the borders of our space almost daily and we do the same to them. I see no difference with what China have done with Taiwan. I fear the media might actually push us into a war or are the media working for someone higher and painting a picture with propaganda.

• Yeh maybe but then China has not been flying planes over our countries or building an island in waters just offshore our countries. Were sticking our beaks in again in other peoples business.

That's a fair argument which I'm sure many people feel too, but as we know from the Germans in 1930s, these autocratic regimes will be a threat to us eventually, so better to try and deal with them now than at a later, more dangerous time. In fact, they needed to be dealt with ten or more years ago. They have a much more powerful military now.

• Anyway lets get real here. Russia fly and sail into the borders of our space almost daily and we do the same to them. I see no difference with what China have done with Taiwan. I fear the media might actually push us into a war or are the media working for someone higher and painting a picture with propaganda.

Russia has invaded at least two of its neighbours with military "adventures" in others and as I see it, China is on the cusp of doing the same.

Neither us or the Russians sail into each other's waters or fly into each others airspace, but we do go close and that's what the Chinese are doing. Next step will be to send a plane into the real Taiwanese airspace and see what reaction that gets.

• It is all certainly very worrying. We really don't want a war with China. I think we will be biting off more than we can chew.

I think the US is more concerned about China taking its place as the richest country in the world than anything else.

It occurred to me - what would the reaction of the UK and EU be if China took over the island of Ireland? Would we not be annoyed and do all we could to take the island back? You bet we would, even if it was taken over by democratic means.

• Let me just just address that specific point about Taiwan. What never gets mentioned is that before the Han Chinese ever landed on the island last century, the island was already populated by a separate people with its own language. So, really Taiwan doesn't belong to either "camp" of the Chinese.

On the rich country point, yes there is a element of jealousy, but there are far more serious concerns the West has with China beyond the Taiwan issue like the genocide of their Muslim population. The suppression of Hong Kong. The close monitoring of its people that the Chinese state employs and of course all the island/military base building in the South China Seas.

If that's how the Chinese communist party treats their own people and neighbours, imagine what they would be like if they were the top dogs in the world?

• Well, I think the West needs to calm down and keep out of other parts of the world unless a clear danger presents itself.

The US thinks it can just blunder into these situations because there’s no-one in living memory who has known the US to be involved in a war on their own soil. Even during the Second World War, Pearl Harbor was all they suffered.

All their wars have been fought in far off lands, but if China really went for it, they could cause devastation on America’s own soil. Biden and others should take time to remind themselves of the devastation in Western Europe as a result of the Second World War before taking on China.

• The Chinese Communist Party are already in the US, UK, Australia and many other places but they are doing it through academics and business. It's a different kind of war and in some circumstances they have a direct impact on our political systems as they donate to those in power and more often than not that is done through business owners with direct links to the Chinese Communist party as all Chinese people have no matter which county they reside in. It done through mafia types working for the embassies and putting pressure on them.

We then feed them our money buying goods and using their cheap labour for our manufacturing. Yes Apple I'm calling you out on this. But they are not the only ones. Even good standing British brands like Bowers and Wilkins speakers are now built in China with the exception of their expensive £25,000 plus 800 series speakers that are still hand built in the factory in Worthing. Then there is the spying and collecting data on mass scale, yes we put a stop to them building our 5G infrastructure but how many people in this country use a mobile phone with Chinese spyware intergraded into it's design using thier microcontrollers including Samsung Galaxy's and that's just one brand model.

Chinese Spyware Pre-Installed on All Samsung Phones (& Tablets)

Chinese Spyware Pre-Installed on All Samsung Phones (& Tablets)
    I know the title is rather sensational, however it couldn't get any closer to the truth. For those who are too busy to read the whole post,...
    www.reddit.com

As for their inhumane treatment of people, especially the Uyghurs and then their facial recognition, Internet control and monitoring etc we are not that far behind. We don't have prison I mean education camps :whistling: but we are having our freedom of speech removed, and behavioural process changed through propaganda and even thought process over time via normality, socially unacceptable and laws to all become woke for example.

And then we wont directly murder and torture people, oh no, we just keep them in poverty until they starve to death or die of mental illness (suicide), or make them homeless and die of hypothermia or whatever. Maybe even force people into crime as there is no other option and then lock them up. How about knowingly sending elderly COVID patients back to care homes to spread it about rather than using up the non used Nightingale hospitals. Volunteer staff could have dome the job there. No need for medical staff so much. Care homes are going to become based on volunteer work now anyway as their hand has been forced. The act of sending them back to care homes was murder in disguise. Change the label to education camp instead of care home and it's exactly the same thing minus the religious aspect. Change religion for emergency measures.

As for cameras we are No2 on the world list after China for having the most CCTV and monitoring of people. Even the US has less and facial recognition is on the increase all the time. We will be required to carry ID next either in the form of a mobile tracking device aka phone or in card form. Vehicles are tracked everywhere via cameras and onboard chips built into modern vehicles. Same as e-scooters for hire and why they wont legalise them for everyone. And the Internet is highly monitored along with records kept. We even have a division in the Army now (The 77th Brigade) dedicated to social media and making posts to counteract and redirect peoples views online when they post. For all we know they may have been used to push racist posts about a footballer on Twitter to manipulate the public into accepting the gov trying to introduce non anonymity. Bank card required to register with sites or something if they can put the pressure on Twitter. Pressure was put on Facebook the other day with it being put out of action in some kind of DD0S attack via the back end (BGP) of the Internet data centres. Maybe it was a blackout because of what is happening in China or just to remind Facebook who is boss.

Understanding How Facebook Disappeared from the Internet

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations

How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations
    One of the many pressing stories that remains to be told from the Snowden archive is how western intelligence agencies are attempting to manipulate and control…
    theintercept.com

A secretive propaganda unit is manipulating our social media. But it’s not Russian.

And here's another but this is not on UK soil

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I could be one and you wouldn't even know except my view does not always side with British politics and attitudes so you can guess I am not. That Iranian we had on here. He was most likely working for Iranian Phyops as an influencer. This how terrorists are bread and we get from both sides of the fence so choose you side is basically what it boils down to and also how much you have been influenced by either side. Very few people online think for themselves. We're are even influenced and manipulated by the press. Yet again very few people will think for themselves.

We are to quick to judge other countries when we should take a look at ourselves and our own problems.

• As far as Facebook is concerned, the world would benefit from Facebook going down permanently. It's allegedly the preferred platform for all sorts of perverts and criminals. Yes decent people might miss Whatsapp but there are so many alternatives available that very few would miss Facebook and the absolute trivia that it contained.. eg " I've just shampood the hamster ". :D :D :D :D :D

The Voice of Reason

• Completely agree but that can also be extended to Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and many others. In fact IRC Instagram which is another cesspit is owned by Facebook. Even if you do not own a Facebook account they create a shadow account to identify people via fingerprinting methods and your given a number. They can track you across sites from the Facebook likes and links on other sites and follow your browsing habits and that has an influence on their advertisers, insurance companies etc who then target you. That's why I have removed the social media links from this forum and every other site.

It basically boils down to scrapping social media platforms in general and everyone should go back to self moderated forums. Forum owners and their staff do a better job than the big corporations. And getting back on topic China actually have the right idea with a nationalised Internet same as Korea. This is where we will be forced to end up eventually. It will then be upon us to regulate ourselves and cut ourselves off from the rest of the world or as I have explained before a separate gateway. One regulated local .uk network and one unregulated www, make it .com.uk or something for businesses that want to advertise outside the uk where we cannot have any control or regulations on other countries.

Russia is doing the same because a www cannot and never will be regulated or controlled. It can only happen if there is one world leader and one set of laws and regulations and every country is a mirror of the next. There is no such thing as International law and that is all an illusion for a group of countries to bully another. A separate network will also be better for security and prevent attacks from other countries. Currently UK businesses are cyber attacked something like every 60secs. Most of these are blocked but there are those that get through and that's not including foreign actors (influencers) posting on commercial platforms. Most of them Russian, Chinese and Middle Eastern. This is modern warfare and has a direct impact on our politics and peoples behaviours and thoughts.

Shadow profiles are the biggest flaw in Facebook’s privacy defense

Even if you’re not signed up, Facebook has a shadow profile for you
    "Can someone who does not have a Facebook account opt out of data collection?"
    www.theverge.com
  • I’d rather that we fixed the problems rather than cut ourselves off from the rest of the world.

I am not technically clued up on the workings of the internet, but I’ve never understood why it is not possible to prevent attacks.For example, the practice of sending multiple trillions of requests to access the targeted sites to bring them down. How hard is it to set a limit on how many hits a website can take by specifying in the code that anything above a certain limit will just return a ‘site is busy’ message?

That may not be the best answer, but you get my drift.

• How hard is it to set a limit on how many hits a website can take by specifying in the code that anything above a certain limit will just return a ‘site is busy’ message?

You do it by the server specifying how many "sockets" are available. This is geared to how slow a response is acceptable. 2 sockets are used for one session. Unfortunately a DDOS attack only has to occupy all the sockets for the site to be effectively off-line.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I am not technically clued up on the workings of the internet

Picture it in the same context as the road system and how traffic flows. If we cut the Channel Tunnel how many immigrants on lorries would that prevent. As long as we have connections going outside the UK traffic can flow in either direction, good and bad. What we should do is try to protect UK business from outside intrusion and limit it to only from within the UK. We need a UK firewall like the Chinese firewall. Better still two completely independent networks. One internal and one external. We can have control over one but not the other unless we control all the other countries in the world.

A way to visualise that would be like the old Norman castle design. The inner circle is the UK network and if you step outside the inner circle and past the moat and into the wider circle you have access to the www. How this works is by introducing a UK protocol only, the part you see at the beginning of the URL so the choice would be either https:www.example.com/ or https:uk.example.com/

Socket = Port Number but the problem of Internet security goes much deeper than that and is below the Application Layer on the TCP/IP stack and more so below that. The Internet Protocol (IP) is an unencrypted datagram (UDP) with the address label which the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) packets, which can be encrypted via the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or more widely known as (https) piggy back onto IP datagrams and are transported on their way over UDP. For clarity think of SSL as a wax seal on an envelope. TCP is slow but more secure because it can be encrypted. UDP is much faster as there is no encryption. The next time you use VOIP think about the lack of security as it only uses UDP as it needs the speed to stream (same as movies and games) so that data skips TCP completely and attaches direct to UDP.

Those unencrypted address labels will openly shout "hey is forumbox.co.uk out there" anyone can respond and say "yeh here I am my name is forumbox.co.uk what language do you speak" and then you have what is known as the 'handshake' before transmission of data between A and B commences. Anyone can spoof these and shout out in the same way a postman could be a criminal disguised as a postman delivering a package to you. Packets can even be intercepted midway (MiTM) like robbing the post office van and then replacing it with something different that looks the same. And lets not forget this benefits the authorities who want control and the ability to spy as much as it does criminals and foreign actors / intelligence. It's all a bit more complicated than that but that is the gist of it.

Remember when the Internet was built it was never built around security. Really it all needs knocking down from the foundations and rebuilt from the ground up but all we can do is keep adding on modules to help try and improve security like the SSL which was an afterthought and it still does not get to the root of the foundations which are crumbling and instead we keeping adding sticky plasters over the top.

• It certainly sounds that way. A nice little message to the yanks there to put them in their place.

No country had previously been able to demonstrate this advanced engineering feat and the test is said to have caught Pentagon scientists off guard.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!