South China Seas: Does China Want A War?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • HANOI (Reuters) - For the second time in two weeks, the United States has deployed two aircraft carriers to the South China Sea, the U.S. Navy said on Friday, as China and the United States accuse each other of stoking tensions in the region.

The American aircraft carriers are back and they were only in the region a few weeks ago. It's a strong message which I hope the Chinese will understand and properly absorb.

• Does China want a war ??. It certainly looks like it. They have won the first skirmishes without firing a shot... Cov19 has weakened their adversaries.;)

The Voice of Reason

• Trump is ramping up his trade war with China and he expects his poodle countries to follow suit, hence the Huawei business

• It's been on the cards for while. I think it all part of the US long term plan and takeover of the world as they make their way across that region of the world knocking out countries one by one. China is a huge stepping stone and mighty resistance for them. I wouldn't be so quick to Blame China for the virus though as it could have just as easily been planted by CIA operatives in that area as a means to an end a bit like the Twin Towers. The thing is China is even closer to Russia so this could get very risky. The US have got Afghan and Pakistan. Maybe after China they may go after Kazakhstan.

• You are joking?

No I'm not have you seen what's happening there and how the US funded the Pakistani facial recognition system bought from the Chinese and are working with the Pakistani government to aid them in capturing insurgents who are mostly not at all and are simple farmers and civilians. The US send the drones in to exterminate. It's not only the CCTV Facial recognition but it's the monitoring of mobile phones too. There's a huge black market for civilians buying burner phones over there so they can stay alive or have a better chance as it can be thrown so the signal is not following them around. 1000's are being innocently killed.

I've watched a few documentaries about it and have done some reading which brought my attention to the depth of it all.

A couple of documents for you on the subject:

US drone strikes in Pakistan - Amnesty International

https://www.amnesty.org/download/Docum…330132013en.pdf

US Strategy for Pakistan and Afghanistan - Council on Foreign

https://www.cfr.org/content/public…istan_TFR65.pdf

PANORAMA ‘THE SECRET DRONE WAR’

https://vimeo.com/94351307

Ross Kemp also done a good documentary over there. He almost got killed in the process:Ross Kemp Extreme World - Karachi - Pakistan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote taken from the Covid thread.

I don't think he ran rings around Marr, unless you consider Johnson type waffle to avoid answering

I thought that Marr had him over the ethnic cleansing going on in N China when he showed the drone video of handcuffed and blindfolded people, presumably Muslims being marshalled onto a train. Shades of pre war Germany :(

I'm surprised that so few members of the public are aware of what's been going on over there. This has been going on for well over a year, possibly two or more. The Australians where one of the first to get official video evidence but before that there where a few youtube independent reporters travelling out there to covertly film stuff. In fact that footage Andrew Marr had may be over year old, it could be from some of the aussie footage. There was also IIRC either a Horizon or Panorama episode about it shortly afterwards.

I guess most folk have heard of what the Chinese call education camps which are really indoctrination camps involving brainwashing and torture techniques. Horrendous things going on inside them and often the children never see their parents again and are sent from these camps out into the Chinese slave labour workforce many miles from their parents. The woman are sterilized and I'm not sure what happens to the men but many disappear never to be seen again.

But they are all Muslims so the West has been turning a blind eye for a long time. We just need an excuse to do something about it now which COVID has helped with as that's another black mark against them as well as the tech spying and cyberattacks. The last two could be seen as a direct attack on the West so things are hotting up now. Throw Taiwan into the mix and all those man made islands, offshore outposts, and I think we can guess where this is heading.

I'm not denying that China are an aggressor but it's a two way street and we need good reason to step in and if a little helping hand can be set in place as a means to an end then why not especially if there are gains to be had in the long term game of politics and strategic warfare.

• No I'm not have you seen what's happening there and how the US funded the Pakistani facial recognition system

Pakistan hates the West, especially us because they blame us for so many Muslims killed during partition. That is why they allowed Bin Laden to hide there

If they bought something from the West it would not be through friendship, more need

• Chinese, U.S. military chiefs hold crisis communication, says China defence ministry

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese and U.S. military chiefs held talks on crisis communication this week, amid heightened tensions between the two military superpowers this year in the South China Sea, with the United States denying a report on a possible drone attack.

Will 2021 be the year that the West and China come to blows? Time will tell, but relations are certainly not improving and China's actions in the South China Sea and elsewhere should be a concern for all.

• China seems hell bent in creating world war 3 --- They are at loggerheads with Australia, Japan India and many other countries. They have already weakened the opposition with their Covid 19 world wide pandemic without even firing a shot. .

The Voice of Reason

• CHINA has told its military to be ready to "act at any second" amid rising tensions over disputed territories in the South China Sea.

It comes as the UK's HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier is expected to be deployed to the region in the coming months as part of its first operational mission.

Once it's had a "swim" closer to home, our new aircraft carrier will be deployed to the South China Seas in the next few months and clearly, the Chinese are not happy about this.

If things do turn hot, do we really have the capability to take on the Chinese?

• We do not want to deploy our navy in the South China sea. Our ships should be kept nearer home to protect the UK in the event of China escalating hostilities in western Europe . We have a small naval presence nowadays and it's needed to protect our island.

The Voice of Reason

• We have a small naval presence nowadays and it's needed to protect our island.

Don't be silly....we will go where yanks want us. ;)

I don't think the Chinese are ready for military attack. They still have some years of developing their nuclear carriers and subs first. Their getting there fast as the world continues to feed the Chinese economy including Apple computers, iPhones etc being built there so it wont be long before they are an equal match. They could easily outsmart the yanks who are to gung-ho and have their head up their own backsides and like you say we have a small naval presence but what we lack in size we make up for in intelligence, brains, common sense, discipline and good training.

It wont only be the carrier though. A carrier can't operate alone. There will be a couple of destroyers, a couple of frigates, a nuclear sub and then support vessels carrying supplies so the RFA will be out there too. One thing that is guaranteed is that the UK will not go outside of international waters and remain within international laws. Saying that if China try to make a claim on something that is within international waters to be theirs then that can be a cause of tension.

• We do not want to deploy our navy in the South China sea. Our ships should be kept nearer home to protect the UK in the event of China escalating hostilities in western Europe . We have a small naval presence nowadays and it's needed to protect our island.

Too late, it's done:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lets see if Chinese react to your presence in "their" sea.

• It gives both sides a chance to play with their toys. Maybe we can give the Chinese a bit of a jab. ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Taiwan: China flies record 56 warplanes toward self-ruled island in show of strength
    Beijing sent a record number of planes, including fighter jets and bombers, to the island nation as part of three days of sustained action, according to…
    news.sky.com

The Chinese are really ramping things up now and although they haven't sent their jets into Taiwan's air space, they are close and no doubt are testing the waters. Don't be surprised if they do something sneaky like send a warship in "distress" into Taiwan's waters, which they could then somehow use as an excuse for an invasion a la Putin style.

• They are probably brewing another virus as we speak…

There's been lots of speculation about this in the papers over the last few weeks, but some reports are suggesting that they have weaponized coronavirus' as bio weapons. I hope this is wrong. If they did that and assuming the current virus isn't a weapon or at least one not intentionally launched against us, then it would be into WW3 territory.

Talking of which, our carrier strike group is now back in the South China Seas and joined by two American carrier strike groups and a Japanese naval group too. Some firepower there, if it were needed.

• Trouble is, our firepower will not be an appropriate response to a coronavirus mark II.

I doubt they aould do such a thing, actually - the virus would hurt them just as much as it would hurt us.

I tbink their tactic will be to continue to push our resolve. If they sent countless warships close to Taiwan, how would the West respond and for how long would they be able to keep that response alive? It could become hugely expensive for us and deplete our resources in terms of tackling problems elsewhere in the world.

• I doubt they aould do such a thing, actually - the virus would hurt them just as much as it would hurt us.

I tbink their tactic will be to continue to push our resolve.

This was my thinking too OB, but I've been reading their official mouthpiece newspaper over the last few days and came across a worrying sentence which gives real insight into how the communist leaders think. Give me a sec and I'll post it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!