Google shuts failed social network Google+

• Google+, the search giant's failed social network, will finally be laid to rest on Tuesday morning.

Launched in 2011 and competing with Facebook and Twitter, it was Google's fourth attempt at a social network.

But the platform failed to win people over, even after Google pushed it upon the thriving YouTube community.

For those of us that run struggling forums, this was a little ray of hope yesterday when Google shut down its social media platform, but that still leaves the giants that are Facebook and Twitter.

Although we all think as social media as being the "in thing" of today, there are quite a lot of casualties in this field, including Murdoch's MySpace that collapsed over a decade ago, so it shows how difficult it is even for large companies like Google to get eyeballs onto their service. Although their YouTube service is thriving, even with ever greater controls on the content you can post on there.

I don't think I even looked at the service, let alone used it. but did you ever use Google +?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• did you ever use Google +?

I didn't even know of its existence but then I don't do social networks like FB and Twitter.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.