Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange arrested

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Well, after all this time, we are closer to the end game now for Julian Assange. Will the UK deport him immediately if he loses his appeal or will we drag our heels while we wait for his further appeal to the ECHR? Does anyone feel sorry for this rather strange and curiously annoying man?

Julian Assange starts final UK legal battle to avoid extradition to US
    The WikiLeaks founder, who’s been indicted on 18 charges in the US, could face extradition should the London court rules against him.
    www.euronews.com
  • Holding him is tyranny.

It bothers me that people are more concerned with Harry, William and Megan suffering to get their next meal??

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Send the coward to the US and let him state his case in a court of law. If found Innocent he can start to live a normal life again. If found Guilty he will, I'm sure be popular with the resident prison sodomites. :D

The Voice of Reason

• I didn't think he was a British citizen so being as we'd be trying to extradite a foreign national to a third party country (bit like the whole Ruanda thing) I'd not be at all surprised to see non UK courts being called upon to intervene and drag it out for another few years.

He's probably served whatever length of jail time he might have been subjected to being holed up in various "sanctuaries" and the last time I saw a picture of him he looked a lot older than his years and not in particularly good working order, so it 's not as if he's gotten away with anything. That's time he can't reclaim.

Didn't he serve a 50 week sentence handed down for breaking his bail terms when arrested in 2019?

If he's still being held at Belmarsh 4 years after completing that sentence pending extradition, I'm starting to think along the lines of "that's probably time served" and simply let him go in the hope he buggers off to some other country where he's no longer our problem.

• Remember this is the powerful screwing the rest of us.

8|Do not trade me a Rabbit and hand me a Hare. (I know the strain of species in Leporidae).

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

• Well, after all this time, we are closer to the end game now for Julian Assange. Will the UK deport him immediately if he loses his appeal or will we drag our heels while we wait for his further appeal to the ECHR? Does anyone feel sorry for this rather strange and curiously annoying man?

https://www.euronews.com/2024/02/20/wik…tradition-to-us

I don't feel sorry for him, no, but it's been such a long time that I've forgotten the "crimes" he's been accused of.

I'm just thinking about all the money spent on the policing for this, coming out of British taxpayers money.

• Yeah, shame. Better to spend our taxes on illegals and a certain criminal ex-Prime Minister.

• Assange is toxic.. Deport him to the USA ... It's up to the USA to try him and sentence him. If he deserves the death penalty after the trial so be it.

It's not up to British judges to put restrictions on American court proceedings and sentencing..

The Voice of Reason

• Sorry, I thought you said Tony Blair. Silly me.

• We have an extradition agreement with the US. What they do with him is their concern, not ours. Stealing secret documents and publishing them for all to see is a very serious matter and he shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it. He must face justice and it should be American justice as it was their secrets he stole.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!