Disney+ - may the force be with them

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Everything coming to Disney+

Get ready to binge watch some of your favorite movies and shows on Disney+, where subscribers will find everything from "Frozen" to "The Simpsons."

Disney (DIS)'s new streaming service will launch in North America on November 12, 2019. It will cost $6.99 a month, or $69.99 a year. That's half of what Netflix charges for its standard plan.

By the end of the first year, Disney says the service will have more than 7,500 TV episodes and 500 movies.

Here's some of what will be available:

A big announcement in the media world the other day. Disney announced its launch date and price, at least for America, for its streaming service.

Having gobbled up most of Murdoch's empire, everything from The Simpsons to Snow White, Star Wars to Avengers will be available on the service, as Disney looks to take Netflix on. Will they succeed? Discuss here: Netflix is King. Will anyone catch them?.

As many of Disney's tv and film rights are held by other companies, it will take up to four years for Disney to get back all the rights to its own stuff so that they can all be made available on the streamer.

The yanks get Disney+ on the 12th November, but no date has been released for when it will be available in the UK yet, but hopefully it won't be too long.

Will you subscribe to Disney+?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The service will launch in Canada and the Netherlands in tandem with the US launch on November 12. That will be followed by a launch in Australia and New Zealand on November 19.

No launch date for the UK yet. I guess Disney doesn't like us!

Anyone interested in Disney's new streamer to be?

• Disney's new subscription video-on-demand service will be available in the UK and Ireland from the end of March.

Disney+ will launch on the 31st March 2019, ushering in a new era for viewers wanting to access programmes and movies from Disney, Fox, National Geographic and related film studios.

So, the UK finally gets the long awaited Disney streaming service next March. Actually the current Disney Life app will gets renamed and updated to Disney+.

Anyone going to subscribe to this?

• There's nothing puritan about Disney, they're all about money, making as much of it as possible.

• There's nothing puritan about Disney, they're all about money, making as much of it as possible.

I thought they ruled and controlled with a rod of iron, to demonstrate the so called American perfect family where nothing immoral ever happens, sex is between a married hetersexual couple, children are perfectly well behaved and polite, Dad works and Mum is the homemaker, and so on. In other words nothing like real life

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• In the towns they built and control, yes, but I mean as a corporation, they are pretty much the most ruthless one out there. Morals take 100th place to money.