People who think rules and notices dont apply to them!

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Why is it some people dont think certain rules and notices apply to them, a prime example in my local Aldi they have a bagging shelf located at the rear of the tills near the exit to the store, there is a notice that quite clearly states that no one should climb or sit on the shelf yet you can guarantee that some customers will allow and in fact actually encourage their children to climb and sit on the shelf, you can bet that if one of those children was to slip and hurt themselves that those parents would be the first to complain and seek compensation from the store, I remember on one occasion, I saw a child on the shelf and was in danger of slipping off so I pointed this out to the parent and was glared at by the parent who said somthing like "Do you actually work here and that if the store staff didn't want the child on there they would be able to say so themselves" so I pointed to the sign and said "Well actually they have a sign up already saying that or maybe you dont think that applies to you and your child." to which they quickly grabbed the child and promptly left.

• My area has gone from excellent to terrible in this regards and many others. A few examples I can think of:

I live near a school which has yellow lines around it and of course the parents park all over the yellow lines blocking the sight lines of other kids crossing the roads.

My pet hate, littering. The local council has signs up saying people who litter will be fined and people now throw litter everywhere.

On the shopping front, the one I can think of at the moment is the tills which say under 10 (or whatever it is) items or less here and people with trolleys stuffed with shopping still go to them.

It all comes down to manners and enforcement of rules, which in my area is practically non-existent.

• Yes I think it's fair to say there are defiantly those kind of people who think they are above following rules, regulations and common courtesy guidelines, yet soon complain when others dont.

• Years ago, back at my childhood home #2, there was a square of grass on public land. It had a sign on the grass, saying "It is forbidden to throw stones at this sign - By Order, The Parish Council".

It was covered in marks where people had thrown stones at it.

I loved the insanity that was the 1960's.

• There's a little of the rebel in all of us: Supermarket conveyors have a sign showing which way bottles should be placed but if you do they roll back and forward as the belt jerks bashing up fragile things so I put them lengthwise. :evil:

Nobody ever complained.

• I have Aspergers, which means I have some signs of OCD.

For example, when i eat pizza it has to be in precisely cut segments each 60 degrees. Ive been known o check it witha protractor. I like stuff to be in either numeric or alphabetic order - even the spices in the spice rack.

I hate peopel who dont park exctly symmetrical in supermarket parkign spaces. It annoys he fuck out of me when people go thru a checkout whilst gabbing on the phone, so fuckign rude!

• I have Aspergers, which means I have some signs of OCD.

For example, when i eat pizza it has to be in precisely cut segments each 60 degrees. Ive been known o check it witha protractor. I like stuff to be in either numeric or alphabetic order - even the spices in the spice rack.

SHIT, I thought that was normal ^^

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Years ago, back at my childhood home #2, there was a square of grass on public land. It had a sign on the grass, saying "It is forbidden to throw stones at this sign - By Order, The Parish Council".

It was covered in marks where people had thrown stones at it.

I loved the insanity that was the 1960's.

Where was the insanity? With the notice or with stone throwers?

• a notice that quite clearly states that no one should climb or sit on the shelf yet you can guarantee that some customers will allow and in fact actually encourage their children to climb and sit on the shelf, you can bet that if one of those children was to slip and hurt themselves that those parents would be the first to complain and seek compensation from the store, I

With that notice they wouldn't win the case

• A SKY SPORTS presenter has tweeted a photo of a passenger putting her bare feet on a train seat.

Faye Carruthers blasted the woman as "so wrong on so many levels" after being forced to move seats on a Thameslink service.

If you click on the link above, you'll see the picture in question. Out of all misdemeanours, putting bare feet on a train seat is a relatively minor issue, compared to putting muddy, wet shoes on seats, as I've seen multiple times.

Were these people never taught manners? Do they not understand that seats are for bottoms not feet. Why can't people abide by simple rules?

• The presumption is a child is not expected to read the sign. It is also a legal presumption that a child WILL go on the shelf and thus the contributory factor in negligence/duty of care falls upon the parents or adult "in charge" of the child. However, it will be accepted a parent will be distracted, i/e going about the shopping procedure. The Supermarket will have to accept responsibility because thats what children do so the shelf will be a hazard. Parents and supermarket manager will be jointly responsible.

• My pet hate is when people sit in my reserved seat on a train. I dont mind when the "offender" says sorry and moves. Its when they look at you as if YOU are the problem I get annoyed.

I emailed the head of the rail company saying: "why is it you have repeated Tannoy message telling passengers to report bags/cases left unaccompanied and Smokers will be prosecuted yet can NOT Tannoy the number one hate of passengers (Bags on seats/vacant seats taken over with bags, briefcases and feet. Tack this on your repeated messaging along with passengers must not sit in reserved seats".)

They could not give a flying kite.

• People can park themselves in reserved seats on trains or planes, and those in charge are reluctant to do anything about it to avoid confrontation

I have travelled on planes and trains and seen this happen when the ignoramuses refuse to move, and the attendants just shrug their shoulders and advise contacting head office when home.

It only happened once to us, we always book the front seats for extra leg room and as we were boarding this woman pushed past and slumped in the front seat

We refused to get out of the way so other people could not board, the pilot got involved because departure was getting delayed but no way was the woman moving. Her only conversation consisted of "F*** Off"

I decided that direct action was the answer, grabbed her and pulled her out of the seat, inviting her to sue me for assault. Thankfully in her temper she kicked the pilot who summoned airport security and she was removed from the plane

We took off and completed out flight, and the cabin crew gave us a free meal as a reward

• LOL .. good for you. Great stuff.

I always book extra leg room for my wife and I. We fly several times per year. One flight I missed out on the leg room spaces. At the booking-in counter I asked if they had spare leg room seats. They said a couple had cancelled and yes we could have the seats. I was gloating to my wife, stretching out in the seat so proud of gaining the seats. A couple of minutes later a Hostess spoke to me and asked if would give up my seat for this 6 foot 8 inch 17 stone man. Being a pedant of The Sermon of The Mount I done what I hope would be done for me in the same situation and gave up my seat, as long as wife and I still sat together. When we sat in our "cramped" seats my wife dug me out big style .. "you are so clever getting those leg room seats" - "you are a genius asking at the desk and getting the seats" LOL But the rub really came when I deliberately walked past the giant guy,walking through Gatwick .. I looked at him, eye to eye contact and NOT once did he thank me or nod or say anything to me. Blessed are the meek......???

• I think there are plenty of people who use the system to their own ends

Queuing at Alicante one time to check in the process seemed to take for ever. As we slowly started to move forward a young couple in front were larking about, running off to get stuff from the shops and so on. At last it was there turn so we started to hope we would soon be there

However they took forever, and eventually two attendants arrived with wheelchairs which they sat in and were wheeled away. I thought I was dreaming, and speculated what kind of disabilities they had

Of course they were boarded first at the back end of the plane on the hoist that the airlines use, we always have priority boarding and we got on at the front

Arriving at Bristol the same procedure was reversed to get them off, they were wheeled through security to the front of the airport when they calmly got out of their chairs, took their luggage from the accompanying attendant, and ran off to the car park laughing their heads off

I wish I had at least reported them, or challenged them

• I wonder how many people who have been politely asked to stay at home and not gather in large groups due to the virus will actually think that doesn't apply to them, you will always get the ones who out of some sort of rebellious defiance ignore the advice. :rolleyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!