End free TV licences and bus passes for pensioners, peers say

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Free TV licences, winter fuel payments and other "outdated" age-related benefits should be scrapped, a group of peers has said, with the money spent on housing and training for young people.

The Committee on Intergenerational Fairness said subsidising licences for over-75s were no longer justified given improvements in pensioners' incomes.

It also called for free bus passes for the over-65s to be ended.

Incomes maybe improving for some pensioners. but not all of them. These benefits give pensioners a much needed boost to their income in their later years. If these benefits are to end, then why don't the lords suggest cutting out taxes for the pensioners instead?

And while we at it, it's pretty bad for the lords to suggest this move while enjoying the massive benefits that they enjoy aka £300 per day expenses and travel costs regardless of whether they do any work or not, they just have to turn up to parliament and sign in. Perhaps this "benefit" should be cut first:!:

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It won't be long before state pensions are means tested. Why do you think auto-enrolment pensions were introduced?

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Do you think the governing of Britain is putting its citizens between a rock and a hard place? We have the lower house of MP's who make decisions for us based not on our welfare but of winning our vote, whereas the upper house have a paid job for life and can suggest whatever pops into their increased addled minds and can block, alter or delay proposals or decisions agreed in the lower house.

It's hard to decide which is worse .....

1) A lower house that discusses things that affect our lives but which bases its decision on what will win the most votes or lose the least in the next general election.

or

2) An upper house that in most cases is even more detached or indifferent than the lower house, from the life-style and understanding of the real life problems facing most citizens, and who have very little to occupy their rapidly decaying brain cells. There is surely no better example of the saying "idle hands are the devil's workshop"

When Britain's economy is healthy and without dark clouds forming, the conflict between (1) and (2) is simply irritating. But as Britain begins to head downwards, the incompetence of a good ideology (conservatives) or competence of a malignant ideology (Labour) both point to a depressing and fraught living standard for British citizens

• Its allk part of Agenda30, to which the Uk has signed up, and part of that plan is to shift massive amounts of wealth to the East. This means impovershing western citizens, slowly and by stealth.

• What is laughable is that they consider it outdated to give the elderly these things, suggests that they consider caring for the elderly outdated, but since the government and politicians consider caring for anyone apart from themselves as outdated it is to be expected.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Its simply greed and looking after themselves in the case of politicians nothing more nothing less. ;)

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Its simply greed and looking after themselves in the case of politicians nothing more nothing less. ;)

no, it really is interconnected and all part of the same plan. I have occasionallyu on here posted bits of it, (as above), but when you spend 30 years digging into it, like I have, it becomes crystal clear. They rely on the naievity and trust of people not to click on. But you cant point this out to people. Like you, people simply cant grasp the reality that such a plan exists, even though its hidden in plain sight. Most peopel simply dont have the imagination and leteral thinking needed to see it. But the people who are operating the plan do.

• no, it really is interconnected and all part of the same plan. I have occasionallyu on here posted bits of it, (as above), but when you spend 30 years digging into it, like I have, it becomes crystal clear. They rely on the naievity and trust of people not to click on. But you cant point this out to people. Like you, people simply cant grasp the reality that such a plan exists, even though its hidden in plain sight. Most peopel simply dont have the imagination and leteral thinking needed to see it. But the people who are operating the plan do.

If you say so. :rolleyes::sleeping:

• It won't be long before state pensions are means tested. Why do you think auto-enrolment pensions were introduced?

Yep. Work to you drop, unless you're rich.

What is laughable is that they consider it outdated to give the elderly these things, suggests that they consider caring for the elderly outdated, but since the government and politicians consider caring for anyone apart from themselves as outdated it is to be expected.

They do consider caring for the elderly outdated, which is why most care homes were closed just at the point that the elderly population started to massively rise in number.

Its allk part of Agenda30, to which the Uk has signed up, and part of that plan is to shift massive amounts of wealth to the East. This means impovershing western citizens, slowly and by stealth.

I mentioned this before to you, but why not create a thread about all this NWO stuff and we can discuss it on there?? If anyone then makes sarcastic comments on that thread, then I'll delete them.

I'm not saying I believe all that stuff, but it is certainly worthy of discussion.

• They do consider caring for the elderly outdated, which is why most care homes were closed just at the point that the elderly population started to massively rise in number.

The county council where I live have the cheek to charge as a separate item on the council tax bill for adult social care, and when you consider that they closed down the wellbeing day centre that my elderly mother used to attend twice a week it makes your blood boil, fortunately for her she managed to find a couple of other places that she could go to instead that are not county council funded.

• My mother worked on a simple principle. Her house was worth at the time £100k, she reasoned why should all that money be lost to the family by spending on care for her. So we agreed that if she needed care, she would live with one of us, and whoever she lived with could use the house to sell/rent, and use that money to look after her. The idea was If had to pack in work to help, that provided me with some buffer against lost earning. The Government paid £65 week 'Careres Allowanace' to look after somone one full time, thats like 30p an hour (what a fucking insult), but charged £300 a week in a care home, which is an outrageous disparity. My mums £100k wouldnt have lasted a year paying care home fees. as it was we looked after her for 5 years, and we all got the benefit of the money (we bought a static caravan for £20k so we could take her to the seaside whenever she wanted, for example). My sister thought she was gonna get a slice despite not lifting a finger to help in 5 years, she was sorely dissapointed when my mum left her just £100. You get out of life what you put in, and even £100 was more than she put in.

• ^^that sums up my life as its been for the last 15 years. And I agree about the 30p comment too, an insult indeed. Just enough to buy food, toiletries and a few other basics. Unlike you, however, I don't get the buffer, even though I've done all the work over most of the time...:(

I like the caravan idea.:):thumbup:

• ^^that sums up my life as its been for the last 15 years. And I agree about the 30p comment too, an insult indeed. Just enough to buy food, toiletries and a few other basics. Unlike you, however, I don't get the buffer, even though I've done all the work over most of the time...:(

I like the caravan idea.:):thumbup:

The caravan was a good idea, byt fuck me was it pouring money down the drian. The problem is its virtually impossible sel la second hand one t oanyone but the site owner - we got £10,000 back for it after 3 years. If we had tried to sell it to anyone else, the sit eowner takes 20%, if it then costs £6k to move it if the new buyer wants it resited. So we lost £10,000 plus it cost £2200 a year site rent for 3 years - £16,000 in total for 3 years. We coudl have stayed ina 5 star hotel every night for less.

You have my sympathies. You need two people and a wodge of cash to look after somone with dementia. And the state doesnt give a fuck and doesnt want to know.