Will Scotland leave the UK?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • Scotland will be readmitted to the EU if Scotland votes for Independence - Macron will see to it and then we will have an EU border on UK soil and with some imported military backup patrolling the "Integrity" of the EU to make sure we don't start smuggling Whiskey over the border. The EU are itching to do this to piss us off. I wouldn't be surprised if the necessary assurances have already been given.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• That would not surprise me in the slightest , however when the Scots did have a referendum Sturgeon did say Scotland would re-join the EU if I recall correctly the EU did say it may take 10 years to be eligible , IMO the EU wanted to make sure Scotland could pay the EU's demands of membership

• That would not surprise me in the slightest , however when the Scots did have a referendum Sturgeon did say Scotland would re-join the EU if I recall correctly the EU did so it may take 10 years to be eligible , IMO the EU wanted to make sure Scotland could pay the EU's demands of membership

Scotland will be announcing their re-admission to the EU within days of getting a Yes vote for indy. The EU want it now, the price to have Scotland in the club is small compared to the damage it would inflict on Britain and England in particular.

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• And of course it will open up another route fo illegals to enter what is left of the UK, they will be able to ship them across the North Sea into Scotland and then allow them to sneak into England.

• Scotland will be announcing their re-admission to the EU within days of getting a Yes vote for indy. The EU want it now, the price to have Scotland in the club is small compared to the damage it would inflict on Britain and England in particular.

If the Scots do vote for Independence if and when they have another Referendum to leave the Union to regain their independence I cannot understand why they would give it away again so quickly to the EU

• And of course it will open up another route fo illegals to enter what is left of the UK, they will be able to ship them across the North Sea into Scotland and then allow them to sneak into England.

Some already do that via the South of Ireland bus or train to cross the border in to the North , then catch the ferry to England no questions asked

• If the Scots do vote for Independence if and when they have another Referendum to leave the Union to regain their independence I cannot understand why they would give it away again so quickly to the EU

Isn't that up to the scots to decide? You rattle on about democracy, but i reckon you are probably english. whats it got to do with you?

I would like scotland to stay part of uk but i can understand why millions of scots want to leave the uk. They are fed up being dictated to by a foreign parliament. Sound familiar? They want to take back control of their own country rather than be dictated to by a government they didnt vote for. does that also sound familiar?

If they want to join the eu that is also up to them. they know that as members they would have a veto over any issue that they did not agree with. this is something that westminster doesn't give them. In the EU all decisions have to be unanimous. No one nation, group or party can dictate to the whole (with less than half of the vote as they can here). The EU is more democratic than westminster.

The scots would send MEPs to Brussels to represent them there while keeping their own government in Edinburgh. they would still make their own laws, just like we used to before we left. They would also enjoy all the benefits of membership such as freedom of movement, membership of the CU and SM, the Erasmus Scheme and lots more besides.

If they want to be a part of the commonwealth and keep the queen as head of state then they can do that too. They can have their cake and eat it. The europeans wont mind.

they will probably have to join the Euro but I dont think they will bother them. Its not as though the pound is such a great currency any more. No big deal.

Let them vote and see what happens. its their country. Let them make their own decision.

Democracy. It cuts both ways.

• It is a perfect example of a ruling political party which sees dictatorship as a means to hang on to power. Criminalize free speech and remove the people's rights to question what is being done in the Scottish Assembly. . Nasty Nic. sees herself as a self appointed Dictator and seeks to control the population by punitive means, emulating Hitler. SNP---- Scottish Nazi Party.

• The EU is more democratic than westminster.

That’s stretching it a bit, even for you! Where is the ability of citizens to influence the EU? It is far too remote and MEPs have no power to propose new legislation - only to vote on proposals put forward by unelected bureaucrats.

I’m not sure what you actually mean when you refer to ‘democracy’, but the EU certainly isn’t democratic.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Isn't that up to the scots to decide?

It is, provided that’s what Westminster decides (ie that a referendum can be held).

However, that doesn’t prevent English people from expressing views, does it? After all, I’m sure you want to be free to comment on Donald Trump, even though you don’t live in the US.

• However, that doesn’t prevent English people from expressing views, does it? After all, I’m sure you want to be free to comment on Donald Trump, even though you don’t live in the US.

Perfectly correct OB . As a Scot I'm interested in what the rest of the UK thinks about the SNP and Sturgeon's Angliphobia. She is worse, in my opinion, than Biden, who everybody is critical of. Both useless. ;)

• The SNP having no liking for the English IMHO openly hostile , I can understand it to some extent I was delighted when the UK left the EU and regained our Sovereignty which the majority voted for.

If the majority of Scots living in Scotland want to regain their Independence that is fine by me, but what I cannot understand is as soon as they get it Sturgeon wants to give it away again to the EU, there is no guarantee that the EU will accept them it may take several years and if successful they will have to abide by the EU instructions.

It will create a similar problem as in Northern Island another EU border, the Scots may well be forced to adopt the Euro and follow all the rules imposed by the EU , they may even be subject to freedom of movement which may mean any EU citizen can migrate into Scotland if they wish to.

Will that mean a hard border with England customs and passport checks ? I don't know I think it could pose all sorts of problems for the Scots and us south of the border

• Sturgeon is losing support in Scotland because everything she touches goes wrong. - Her Neverendum is fast becoming a thing of the past. What is happening to Scotland's finances. Why is she so secretive about where it's going.. (Photo's are from Facebook).

:(

May be an image of one or more people and text that says

Nicola Sturgeon & SNP To Censor Future Rona Data So It Can't Be Used Against Them

• That may be the case, Mike, but unfortunately she is still the most popular leader in Scotland. Until the Scottish Conservatives or Scottish Labour can come up with a likeable or believable candidate themselves, she will continue to win.

• I think whoever is in charge of the SNP would still win OB, because the majority of Scots have decided to seperate from us. I don't see it as a if now, but when.

• That may be the case, Mike, but unfortunately she is still the most popular leader in Scotland. Until the Scottish Conservatives or Scottish Labour can come up with a likeable or believable candidate themselves, she will continue to win.

She's only in power because the SNP came to an agreement with the Scottish Green Party - her position is not that secure OB

• She's only in power because the SNP came to an agreement with the Scottish Green Party - her position is not that secure OB

I agree AS.. The other consideration is as mentioned by OB there is no opposition to speak of up here. Labour has abandoned Scotland and the Conservatives are unable to win more seats. The stupid voting system where it's divided between FTTP and PR is the cause of the One Party State we have to endure. Meantime Wee Krankie (Sturgeon) acts like a dictator in every aspect of life. Hitler and Putin would both be proud of Sturgeon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!