Will Scotland leave the UK?

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • I think whoever is in charge of the SNP would still win OB, because the majority of Scots have decided to seperate from us. I don't see it as a if now, but when.

I don't think the majority of Scots want independence, Horizon. There are still a lot of voters who vote SNP but who want to remain part of the UK, and they vote as they do simply because they are not enamoured with the alternative parties on offer.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Comrade Sturgeon and her mentor Comrade Salmond will no doubt be excited about the prospect of Russia conquering Europe. Both will be given good jobs and will be well publicised on the only TV station ----RT. ;) ;)

• Comrade Sturgeon and her mentor Comrade Salmond will no doubt be excited about the prospect of Russia conquering Europe. Both will be given good jobs and will be well publicised on the only TV station ----RT. ;) ;)

Yes, I hadn’t appreciated the Salmond had a spot on RT! He’s showing his anti-UK colours.

Some of our politicians are a real threat to us, and we need to wake up to this.

• I cannot understand the Scottish Nationalists they want Independence from the rest of the UK especially the English if that is what they want fine by me off you go, but some of them forget why they joined the Union because they were broke after financing a failed attempt to create a colony in Panama their ancestors mad that decision

If they do leave the Union and regain their Sovereignty they want to surrender it to the EU how daft is that, as already stated they will have to adopt the Euro and adopt all the rules and regulations imposed made in Brussels. What about the border with England will they be able to cross that at will or need permission, ? will customs posts be put in place ?

They will have to pay their own way nor more Barnet Formula money from Westminster, Trident will be moved south of the border which means many Scots on the East Coast will lose their jobs, if Scots want to work South of the border will they need the right paper work to do so, those already here likewise.

As the EU stated some years back it may take several years for Scotland to join the EU, as there are many millions of people across the EU that do not like being in the EU will the EU still be in place in 10 years time ?

• I’m afraid too many Scots can’t see it - they are too blinded by their hatred of the English to let logic get in the way.

• I’m afraid too many Scots can’t see it - they are too blinded by their hatred of the English to let logic get in the way.

Not all of them are anti English glad to say I am not anti Scottish even though I have been racially abused by some in my own country, years ago wife and I went to Scotland for a long weekend break away, but we will never go again due to the attitude towards me in particular because I am English by the Hotel owner , we left early

• I agree, the Scottish are not all anti-English. However, those that are seem to shout the loudest.

• The latest trick by Nasty Nic and the SNP is to set up an alliance with the IRA/SF...... Intelligent people can see where all this is going with sectarianism and religious bigotry being used to divide Scots. The SNP will sink to any level to break up the UK.

• If Sassenachs north of the border want to go their own way fine by me, I just wish they would get on with it if that is what the majority and tell their own Government to make it happen , personally I would be glad to see the SNP out of Westminster look to their own not me and mine

• Fpr the benefit of those living south of the border who never get the chance to hear the nasty things happening here :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61421280

and

SNP's 'missing £600k' still being probed by Police Scotland six months on
    Detectives are continuing their investigation into the 'ringfenced' cash that has vanished from the party's accounts
    www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk

That's just two, there's many more.

• Fpr the benefit of those living south of the border who never get the chance to hear the nasty things happening here :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61421280

and

https://www.scottishdailyexpre…600k-still-being-26104089

Fpr the benefit of those living south of the border who never get the chance to hear the nasty things happening here :- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61421280

and

https://www.scottishdailyexpre…600k-still-being-26104089

And whatever you do don't mention the Ferries saga balls up ;)

• The latest trick by Nasty Nic and the SNP is to set up an alliance with the IRA/SF...... Intelligent people can see where all this is going with sectarianism and religious bigotry being used to divide Scots. The SNP will sink to any level to break up the UK.

What alliance is that?

I know Sturgeon sent Sinn Fein her good wishes after their win in Northern Ireland, but I wasn't aware of anything beyond that.

• And whatever you do don't mention the Ferries saga balls up ;)

Did I forget to mention the dreadful ferries saga Fred. That's another example of Sturgeon wasting millions of pounds of taxpayers money. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. :thumbup:

• More troubling revelations about the highly questionable Ferries contract. The SNP leadership are in the brown stuff right up to their neck.

See :-

JOHN Swinney is under growing pressure to explain to MSPs why he did not stop a ferries contract being awarded to the Ferguson shipyard.

Documents released last week show the Deputy First Minister was consulted before the contract award was finalised.

It went ahead despite Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited (CMAL) raising concerns about proceeding without a full refund guarantee in place.

Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross has lodged a request for a topical question at Holyrood today asking why Mr Swinney ‘ignored CMAL’s advice’.

Mr Ross said: ‘Why did SNP ministers ignore CMAL’s advice and award the contract to Ferguson Marine? In their latest botched attempt to pin the blame solely on disgraced former minister Derek Mackay – by releasing the supposedly key ‘missing’ email – the SNP succeeded only in confirming that then-Finance Secretary John Swinney approved the deal.’

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!