Will Scotland leave the UK?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • When something becomes obsessive it's then an addiction and even more so when it prioritizes other things one should be doing and /or it starts to affect others around you and that includes abusing others online. There's two kinds of addiction....physical and mental and often the two play together hand in hand. The mental addiction or habit for another term is often harder to resist than the physical. A drug can either be a physical substance or a mental substance. What it all boils down to at the end of the day is a form of mental illness. Not being able to compartmentalise and separate things into an order to achieve an end goal that is beneficial and positive rather than negative and destructive due to the chemical formula in our brain.

So are you implying that Scottish nationalism is a mental condition? 😂

• So are you implying that Scottish nationalism is a mental condition? 😂

Being proud of your nation is proper and correct. The aberration that is Sturgeons mob is not. Hers is not loving the country. Hers is hatred for another country which she uses to gain the support of the unthinking intellectually challenged.

The Voice of Reason

• Scottish nationalism no...addiction yes no matter where you reside. Addiction is as much a mental battle as it is physical. It's about having a physical balance of chemicals in the brain. Those that naturally produce more dopamine are generally more happy and jolly in life and don't turn to substance abuse that can make them feel better. One can get addicted to this feeling in the same way folk get addicted to the gym and fitness which gives a similar affect. Worse still using non natural products to produce this effect the body can become dependant on it and create even more damage than what was there to begin with especially long term use. There's also a very interesting relationship between dopamine and the pain receptors in the brain. Lots of folk are big believers that positivity is a good way forward for natural health and to deal with things which dopamine helps with. If you lack this then it's not as easy. You feel good you feel more positive. Mind over matter. Get off your face and take you mind of the pain and it no longer matters. If you naturally produce more dopamine then you don't have to turn to other substances that can boost things even if it's only for a short while.

I used to take large amounts of pharmaceuticals to deal with pain but soon realised that this was not the way to go and at times it actually aggravates things. It's great while the chemical drug is working and doing what it was designed to do but as soon as it wears off the pain is back along with one requiring higher doses as the body becomes more dependent. I very rarely take anything now and hold out until the pain is at it's worse and it's at the nag nag nag stage and grinding me down and I start to become really moody and snappy with others. All you want then is to feel no more pain as the mind can no longer fight it. It's tiring. So one either tries to get to sleep and sometimes a tablet is needed to remove the nag nag nag pain temporarily or one turns to alcohol which is defiantly an aggregator long term just to be able to fall asleep otherwise you eventually tire yourself out from the pain.

The beauty about sleep is that one no longer feels things or one takes a tablet just to be able to do things and continue to work or whatever. Sleep is the better option as it gives the body time to recover and improve, allow the swelling to go down rather than masking over with pain killers just to continue putting pressure on and not allowing the body to heal. I've had times where I have had to crawl to the toilet because I can no longer stand up and weight bare on my leg as the pain is too much and I virtually collapse to the floor. A crutch can help but this is not always feasible and it can become a hindrance when trying to do things.

It's horrible when one has to fight their own body and the use of drugs is a catch 22 situation so one has to try and find a balance and what works. There is no right or wrong way to deal with things and one has to work out what is best and works for them. The best thing I could do is start smoking dope again that would not only help with the pain but also mentally and the THC is required to take the mind off in the same way that analgesics work. I've lost track of the number of years now since I have given up smoking dope and it's not done me any favours. It was the tobacco side of things I disliked and my reason for quitting. I am now more reliant on pharmaceuticals which are far worse.

• Well, it looks like Sturgeon is all set to go for another referendum.

I wonder if we should allow it to enable us to save money and pay off some of our Covid debt?

The woman should be careful what she wishes for. Scotland will go bankrupt and they will no longer have the power of the British economy to bail her out.

First Minister says referendum legislation to be announced 'in coming weeks'
    Appearing on the BBC's Sunday Morning show, Sturgeon said she has not yet set a date for the legislation for a referendu...
    www.holyrood.com
  • Sturgeon is running scared. Her support is waning. People up here have seen the absolute mess Sturgeon has made of running a devolved Scotland and have no confidence in her limited ability to run Scotland as an independent country, She is all about sound bytes with no substance.

If there is another referendum, I predict that the results will be the same as the last ( once in a generation ) referendum. Nasty Nic will be forced to resign.

The Voice of Reason

• Sturgeon is running scared. Her support is waning. People up here have seen the absolute mess Sturgeon has made of running a devolved Scotland and have no confidence in her limited ability to run Scotland as an independent country, She is all about sound bytes with no substance.

If there is another referendum, I predict that the results will be the same as the last ( once in a generation ) referendum. Nasty Nic will be forced to resign.

Well, if the population of Scotland believe that, hopefully they will remember not to vote SNP next time!

Let them have their referendum then and see yourself proved right. If your so sure then you have nothing to fear. or deep down do you really think she might just win?

Just telling the truth, that's all. I know you don't like it, but there it is.

• In Nasty Nic's proposed "Marxist Republic of Scotland", allegedly women's rights will be superceded and no longer exist. Her preference for all the made up Woke genders will mean that the rights of true women will be finished It's already started up here with those brave people fighting for the rights of women being cancelled and vilified.

We have to consider if Sturgeon herself could perhaps be one of the genders she is trying to promote. ;)

The Voice of Reason

• Let them have their referendum then and see yourself proved right. If your so sure then you have nothing to fear. or deep down do you really think she might just win?

Why should we permit disruptive referendums to be repeated time after time until people with views that much of the public don’t support finally get their way?

No, we’ve had the referendum, and it was clearly understood by all at that time that it was a once in a generation event at most.

The SNP is trying to wear down the resolve of the Scottish people so that the detractors from their cause lose interest and don’t vote any more. That is not the spirit of democracy - it’s manipulation and it should not be encouraged.

• Why should we permit disruptive referendums to be repeated time after time until people with views that much of the public don’t support finally get their way?

No, we’ve had the referendum, and it was clearly understood by all at that time that it was a once in a generation event at most.

The SNP is trying to wear down the resolve of the Scottish people so that the detractors from their cause lose interest and don’t vote any more. That is not the spirit of democracy - it’s manipulation and it should not be encou

Well said OB. It's nice to hear someone from South of the border telling it as it is in Scotland :thumbup:

The Voice of Reason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!