Apr 30, 74th Anniversary of Hitlers death

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • April 30 1945. The 1000 Year Riech, now having shrunk to the size of a small bunker in Berlin, finally vanished when Hitler, the most evil man of the 20th Century (although some might like to argue Joe Stalin holds the title), thankfully rid the world of himself., making the world free of evil.

Until 1957, then the EU was born. And round we went again.

• You're visualising that particular example of evil as something unusual that might be destined to recur.

I view Germany's evil as just one example out of many that are now making this world frighteningly ugly. You might be right. I recognise that there s something in Germany's national DNA that no amount of hearts & flowers & schmaltz will ever eradicate.

The problem with Germany is that they are too big for Europe but too small for the the world as whole.

• You're visualising that particular example of evil as something unusual that might be destined to recur.

I view Germany's evil as just one example out of many that are now making this world frighteningly ugly. You might be right. I recognise that there s something in Germany's national DNA that no amount of hearts & flowers & schmaltz will ever eradicate.

The problem with Germany is that they are too big for Europe but too small for the the world as whole.

The Germans havea dream. They had it ever since Helmut Moltke and Otto Von Bismarck wrote about it in 1870, they called it Mitteleuropa, a united europe under German orders, embodied in the idea of "The Berlin to Bhagdad Railway"

The Germans believe they should run europe. Thats what The Franco-Prussian War was about, and so was WW1 and WW2, and the EU is attempt number four, this time domination by stealth, by economics. And if the EU fails, they'll have another go by another method, and again and again, untilthey succed or are destroyed.

• Official Post

One of their former chancellors summed it up about twenty years ago and he said that they are big country with one gigantic neighbour on one side of them, Russia, and another biggish neighbour on their other side, France. That makes them insecure. He was very envious of us and our little island. It was a interesting viewpoint.

Recently I came across an interesting argument: the world didn't stop Hitler sooner and look at what happened.

Lets see if I can encourage you to move beyond America, so I've posted your comment here.:)

The world could've stopped Hitler, but whether it should've is a interesting argument. As the world had already fought the "war to end all wars" aka WW1, there was no appetite for another conflict and so the appeasement shown to Hitler just emboldened him.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!