The next prime minister will be...

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • I watched it. As far as I am concerned, Hunt gave all the wrong answers. We would not get a real Brexit under Hunt, it would be delayed or turn into Brino. At this juncture, there is no point discussing anything else. If we don't get a proper Brexit then we won't be making our own laws, or controlling our borders and our money so the UK will still be a sham democracy.

I am not keen on Boris, but if he gets us a true Brexit then I may change my opinion of him.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• Was Hunt really trying for a knockout blow?

Yes.

Why bother?

He wants to be prime minister and thinks he can win. It it meant to be a contest rather than a coronation, which is what we had last time when the robot came to power.

What Boris has to offer is wasted on what so much of Britain has become these days

Surely the airport question was a easy one to answer, so why didn't he? I take your points about Brexit and Trump onboard.

• Another two weeks, why so long, does it normally take this long or its it because they just want to delay Brexit a bit longer, I lost any real interest after the first vote when it was clear that Boris was the winner, you can see why some people think another Brexit referendum would be a good thing when it takes so many votes to decide who the next PM is, dont get the result you want lets keep holding them until you do seems to be the message they are promoting in this case, is it any wonder so many people cant be arsed with politics. :rolleyes:

• It's all done by postal voting... the conservative party hasn't heard of the internet yet and electronic voting, hence why it will take another two weeks. And there's the Royal Mail factor too, that bastion of reliability.

It's important to be "arsed" with politics, because it affects us all from the services we use (or don't use) to the taxes and benefits we pay and use.

• Tory Jeremy Hunt supporter sir Alan Duncan is on politics live blaming ! ,yep , you've guessed it , BORIS JOHNSON, for the resignation of sir Kim Darroch , do these clowns ever give up ??

• A BBC Question Time special with the two Conservative leadership candidates "now looks unlikely to go ahead".

The programme was scheduled for Tuesday, but a spokeswoman said the BBC had not been able to "reach agreement" with Jeremy Hunt and Boris Johnson.

It is understood one had concerns about the format - half of the audience would be Tory supporters and the other would represent alternate political views.

Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt tweeted: "Can confirm I am not said candidate."

The BBC will still be showing two one-on-one interviews with the candidates, hosted by Andrew Neil, on BBC One this Friday at 19:00 BST.

Shame if the debate doesn't go ahead, but we got the "picture" with last night's debate on ITV. At least they'll get a grilling from Andrew Neil.

• It's all done by postal voting... the conservative party hasn't heard of the internet yet and electronic voting, hence why it will take another two weeks. And there's the Royal Mail factor too, that bastion of reliability.

It's important to be "arsed" with politics, because it affects us all from the services we use (or don't use) to the taxes and benefits we pay and use.

But why so many rounds of voting, surely if you have a clear winner at the end of the first round then you have no need for further rounds for fuck sake its not exactly rocket science to work that out and it what happens in elections in a GE you get one vote etc do I really need to explain what I am getting at. 8|

If it so important to be arsed with politics they should try to engage with the voting public more and stop with all the long winded fannying about which bores the heck out of most people. :sleeping:

• Exactly , the BBC should be a no go for any top Tory politicians, they have well and truly outed themselves , same goes for Channel 4 .

I suppose politicians are so dependent on the oxygen of publicity/awareness that they are prepared to be questioned by the fake news-gagging scum of Channel Four News in its entirety and the BBC by it's higher paid socalled "stars"

I wish all politicians could follow the example below. Whatever pills he took that day should become his regular regime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZoeynjOMSY

[HY mod edit] Inserted video linked

• I've just been watching the hustings in Cornwall (EDIT: :/actually that should read Kent) for the next PM, and Boris was asked about the live export of animals from the UK.

He says once we leave the EU we can ban the export of live animals for slaughter. He said it was disgusting, and distressing, that animals can be transported from the north of Scotland all the way to North Africa in terrible conditions.

I hope he means it and will actually do something about it! It's something that many have been pursuing for years, but EU law supersedes UK law in this area. I don't understand why the EU has to have control on these issues.

EDIT: Andrew Neils will be interviewing both candidates at 7pm tonight on BBC1. I will be watching.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!