The next prime minister will be...

Please treat other members in a constructive manner and abide by our Forum Rules at all times.
  • There is a difference between free speech and public disturbance but the authorities are frightened to decide where to draw the line.

Agreed.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• The loudhailer guy could be heard in the News this morning, as they interviewed two Remainers (as normal). Either the news that he has been banned is fake, or he has moved out of College Green to continue his anti-Brexit antics, but still in earshot.

The papers and TV are full of anti-Brexit and anti-Boris crap this morning. I guess this will go on for quite some time.

Absolutely , this must be a dreadful day for the media luvvies !^^

• Opinions on Cabinet positions, anyone??

I hope people are appointed on merit, rather than playing to the PC 'diversity' gallery. I suspect there will be some Remainers, and understand they will have to promise to support a WTO Brexit, if it becomes necessary. It could be a good move, as it removes some of the opposition at least, and at best they can convince other Remainers to support democracy. They can always be very publicly sacked if they fail to comply or fail to put their heart and soul into leaving the EU.

I have lost faith in some Brexiters, especially Liam Fox, and wonder just how committed he is to a true Brexit, but I suppose the media tales about him may not be true. My loyalty will stay with any Brexit type party that stands a candidate in my local area for now.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• But Bray (if that is the loudspeaker bloke) is just noisy. He's not violent or disruptive, just loud, so he's not doing anything illegal.

Disruption isn't just holding up traffic or shouting fire in a theatre without good reason. It is also about interfering with other people's right to communicate with one another or walk about in a public place without it becoming audibly unpleasant for no good reason. Freedom is a 2-way street. It's not just one's neighbours from hell living next door, it's all citizens who belong in and share a nation with one another. You of all people surely have good reason to realise that.

• May has formally gone ... no longer PM. All together now ..... hip hip hooray. :)

• And a bit of excitement for once. Climate change protestors were blocking Boris's entry into the palace. Good job they didn't have bombs!

And with that, Boris' premiership starts as no doubt it will continue...

• And a bit of excitement for once. Climate change protestors were blocking Boris's entry into the palace. Good job they didn't have bombs!

And a bit of excitement for once. Climate change protestors were blocking Boris's entry into the palace. Good job they didn't have bombs!

I saw that too, but they weren't allowed to stay in place and block the road .... just for a change!

• May has formally gone ... no longer PM. All together now ..... hip hip hooray. :)

Can't wait for a movie about her life story. To capture her properly - a real life depiction - it could be a silent movie in black & white - perhaps a double bill with The Invasion of the Body Snatchers

• A great speech from Boris outside No 10. Let's hope he follows through on his promises.

I think it will cause a few worries in the EU, which can't be a bad thing.

• So we still have to wait until October to see if Brexit will happen, so nothing has really changed, I am fed up with hearing what the daft bastard MPs have to say I want to see some action like Boris or whoever putting it too the EU that we are out, no more fannying around waiting for this or that deadline lets get on with the trade deals end of.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• So we still have to wait until October to see if Brexit will happen, so nothing has really changed, I am fed up with hearing what the daft bastard MPs have to say I want to see some action like Boris or whoever putting it too the EU that we are out, no more fannying around waiting for this or that deadline lets get on with the trade deals end of.

You better start emailing a few hundred of the said arseholes in parliament then.

• How the hell did those loons bet so near to Boris? , what are our security services doing ?

Good luck Mr Johnson.

Horizon calls it legal free speech. You and I call it something quite different.

As for those climate change protesters stopping Boris visiting the Queen, I bet Boris wished London could have used water hoses on those kids. Me too Although on that global warming day I'd want it to be hot sticky water hoses.

And has anyone noticed that, as with all protesters, including those in Hong Kong, if you give 'em an inch, they'll take a yard. That's the problem with free speech and the right to protest - defining the upper limit. At the beginning those young Hong Kong-ians looked sooooo cuuuuute, gentle and sensitive, but as time wore on and mainland China climbed down significantly on the extradition issue, the kids just don't know when to stop. One owner , two styles, was never going to be cut & dried.

• You better start emailing a few hundred of the said arseholes in parliament then.

If I thought for one second it would make the slightest difference I would, but unfortunately experience of realty has taught me it wouldn't so I'll not be wasting my time.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!