How France's alt-right seeks to sway election

• France, despite its reputation as a beacon of progressive liberalism, has been at the forefront of a burgeoning pan-European far-right movement.

Marine Le Pen, an anti-immigration Eurosceptic who may well top the first round of France's presidential election on 23 April, is riding a populist insurgency that has been growing over the past 15 years.

Its themes are familiar in the era of Donald Trump and Brexit: concern for hardworking people, support for traditional values, and opposition to immigration and supranational busybodies.

But the most distinctive characteristic of France's patriotic surge is youth. Unlike their contemporaries in the US and the UK, the under-30s in France are more nationalistic than the general population.

BBC article on alt-right youth movement

=====

I found it surprising from the beginning that according to many reports that our own young people wanted to stay in the EU and it is the older ones who want to leave, mainly for the very reason the French youth are becoming more nationalistic, mass immigration.

I think perhaps that our own young were brainwashed into thinking that without the EU, they would not be able to travel or work in Europe, plus being led to believe that anyone who was opposed to mass immigration was racist, hated all foreigners and was quite prepared to drown babies to prevent them reaching our shores. But it's a pity that, unlike they French youth, our own young can't see the dangers of endless mass immigration and the disastrous effect on their own futures if it goes on.

It's a long article but well worth reading all the way through.

• I found it surprising from the beginning that according to many reports that our own young people wanted to stay in the EU and it is the older ones who want to leave, mainly for the very reason the French youth are becoming more nationalistic, mass immigration.

I think perhaps that our own young were brainwashed into thinking that without the EU, they would not be able to travel or work in Europe, plus being led to believe that anyone who was opposed to mass immigration was racist, hated all foreigners and was quite prepared to drown babies to prevent them reaching our shores. But it's a pity that, unlike they French youth, our own young can't see the dangers of endless mass immigration and the disastrous effect on their own futures if it goes on.

The simple answer is experience and doing the opposite of older people.

How many young people go to the doctors? Shouldn't be many, as they should be fit and healthy. But they don't have to endure long waits, because our system is overpowered by foreigners. So, their view on immigration is far more liberal than ours as a result.

It's like the very rich, it's easy to be liberal and tolerant, when you are not affected by the problems that mass migration brings.