Brian Cox programme - The Planets.

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Anyone watching this series?..

… "In this major new landmark series for BBC Two co-produced by the Open University, Professor Brian Cox tells the extraordinary life story of our solar system".

I find these programmes compulsive viewing and I understood most of it, which makes me think this was designed to be an idiots guide to the planets. It's on BBC 2 on Tuesday evenings, repeated on Saturday evening. Well worth a watch if you're into this sort of thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/pr…/22/the-planets

• Glad to hear about the sound, it ruined his last show and his was unrepentant about it. He thought there should be booming music blasting out all his commentary.:S

On the banner at the top, I moved your thread here into the tv shows forum and I'm glad you like it. You can do it too yourself! :)

In the tv and film forums, all members can add the banners themselves, if they're available. To do it, click on Settings at the bottom of the editor box, scroll down to where there is a box which says "Attach movie or tv show". Start typing the show or film and it should pop up, select it, then submit your post as normal and the banner should appear. Quite often it sticks a trailer in there too and its just done it for this show too, after a few mins.

• Did you see the last programme? Brian Cox said that Mars at some point in the distant past may have been a blue planet just like Earth. He claimed all the indicators were there. Evidence of oceans & rivers and evidence that Mars like Earth has biochemistry. I concede I may be getting in over my head, but it's all very interesting. One thing is for sure, Earth time and space time are two very different concepts.

• Brian Cox said that Mars at some point in the distant past may have been a blue planet just like Earth. He claimed all the indicators were there. Evidence of oceans & rivers and evidence that Mars like Earth has biochemistry.

It's why probes keep being sent to the Red Planet, as scientists are convinced they will find some evidence of life, even if it just fossilised.

• The evidence is there and that Mars had abundant water until its magnetic field collapsed something like 3-4 billion years ago after the core solidified. Then the solar wind was able to strip the atmosphere and the water. It's our magnetic field that prevents the same thing happening to the Earth.

• I have seen this programme advertised keep meaning to watch it on iPlayer at some point but never seem to get the time, I will have to make time as I am sure I will enjoy it, sounds right up my street.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!