Recent changes on the VM Network

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • It wouldn't make any difference as C5 and its AD service map to the same streams anyway, so I guess it's as easy to just give it a second EPG slot.

That simultaneously annoys me and makes me happy. That they are wasting an EPG number and that they aren't wasting space on a stream.

8o

• It wouldn't make any difference as C5 and its AD service map to the same streams anyway, so I guess it's as easy to just give it a second EPG slot

It wouldn't make any difference as C5 and its AD service map to the same streams anyway, so I guess it's as easy to just give it a second EPG slot.

Do you know why BBC2, Channel 4 & Channel 5 have their own AD EPG slots? The others will need them as they are regionalised.

• Do you know why BBC2, Channel 4 & Channel 5 have their own AD EPG slots? The others will need them as they are regionalised.

I think the real question there is why didn't VM just add AD streams to the regional channels? Freeview does.

But with the current situation seemingly preferred by VM, I guess they have to do it for all of the PSB's to be consistent.

Edited once, last by jj20x (December 31, 2019 at 11:36 PM).

• That's only really a problem if the run out of EPG slots, which is unlikely to happen anytime soon.

If it's well down the EPG (like the AD channels) I'm not so fussed, but if C5 SD, for example, is going to be on 154, that's a duplication in a busy section, and clutter. I wasn't worried about them running out of numbers, I just like things easy to browse.

• Someone is saying that Universal is to be made available in the lower packs until 7/1/20.

Seems odd as it's due to close, so why promote it? Can someone on a lower tier check this please?

• Overnight changes include rebrands (Sky Darts reverting to Sky Arena (SD & HD) and Sky Musicals HD reverting to Sky Greats HD), MTV Classic showing up on SID 497 and LaLiga TV showing up on SID 2096. Both only showing in the NIT for internal network: Code Download Test (Portsmouth). Neither of those new services are using SID numbers from the usual range, so are probably temporary locations for testing. Further information will follow when the detailed analysis has been done.

Hmm! MTV Classic, interesting...

Also the NIT Linkage (Tivo download) updates are back - full details later.

Edited once, last by jj20x: Updated with further info after the scanners completed the scan log. (January 3, 2020 at 9:49 AM).

• Someone is saying that Universal is to be made available in the lower packs until 7/1/20.

Seems odd as it's due to close, so why promote it? Can someone on a lower tier check this please?

If the pack codes have changed, it will show up on the detailed analysis, but it does seem odd.

Maybe, if Sky eventually decides to kill off Sky Atlantic, everyone will get that on a free view too. Until it disappears. :D

Update: according to the updated scan log, the subscription pack codes have NOT changed for Universal.

• Summary of overnight changes:

The rebrands:

TSID SID EPG Previous Service Name Previous EPG Name New Service Name New EPG Name
    8 809 518 Sky Sports Darts Sky Darts Sky Sports Arena Sky Arena
    23 2303 508 Sky Sports Darts HD SkyDartsHD Sky Sports Arena HD SkyArenaHD
    30 3004 404 Sky Musicals HD MusicalsHD Sky Greats HD GreatsHD

New services testing:

Serial ID TSID SID EPG Service Name EPG Name Genre Flag Subscription
    Pack Flags
    Testing on
    internal
    networks
    Notes
    2090 4 497 995 MTV Classic MTV Classic Music Not set Code Download
    Test (Portsmouth)
    New Channel
    2091 20 2096 994 LaLiga TV LaLiga TV Sport Not set Code Download
    Test (Portsmouth)
    New Channel

The NIT Linkage details will be posted later in the week when VM updates the data for customer facing networks.

• Given the multiplex that MTV Classic is lurking on, they are clearly just going to flick a switch between it and VH1 when it closes and it'll use the space VH1 was using.

I wouldn't be surprised if being on the same multiplex isn't actually necessary based on JJ20X's posts. :)

• Given the multiplex that MTV Classic is lurking on, they are clearly just going to flick a switch between it and VH1 when it closes and it'll use the space VH1 was using.

I wouldn't be surprised if being on the same multiplex isn't actually necessary based on JJ20X's posts. :)

I would think that the Portsmouth test network is being used for initial configuration and not much else at the moment. I guess the next step will be testing the feeds.

The transport stream used for the LaLiga test will be useful for that service to slip into the gap left as ZooMoo departs.

• I would think that the Portsmouth test network is being used for initial configuration and not much else at the moment. I guess the next step will be testing the feeds.

The transport stream used for the LaLiga test will be useful for that service to slip into the gap left as ZooMoo departs.

I didn't even look at the multiplex for La Liga TV. Thanks though.

• Overnight changes include rebrands (Sky Darts reverting to Sky Arena (SD & HD) and Sky Musicals HD reverting to Sky Greats HD), MTV Classic showing up on SID 497 and LaLiga TV showing up on SID 2096. Both only showing in the NIT for internal network: Code Download Test (Portsmouth). Neither of those new services are using SID numbers from the usual range, so are probably temporary locations for testing. Further information will follow when the detailed analysis has been done.

Hmm! MTV Classic, interesting...

Also the NIT Linkage (Tivo download) updates are back - full details later.

Great news, though it's been pointed out by Omnidirectional that MTV Classics plays 90's/00's music these days, so the Now channels are better for older music.

Apart from AMC & Sky Atlantic, I don't think that there are any more major channels left that are on BT/Sky, but not on VM.

Re: The Sky Sports Darts change back to Arena on the EPG. It appears that this was premature as the broadcasting output is still identifying itself as Sky Sports Darts until tomorrow!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!