Dim Tim makes a fool of himself again.

• Boris Johnson calls off Moscow visit over Syria

The UK foreign secretary has called off a visit to Moscow in the wake of the Syrian chemical weapons attack.
    Boris Johnson, who had been due to travel on Monday, said the situation had changed "fundamentally" and his priority was to build international support for a ceasefire.

..........The US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson will visit Moscow as planned after the G7 meeting on 10-11 April.

......... Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron said the cancellation meant Mr Johnson had "revealed himself to be a poodle of Washington, having his diary managed from across the pond."

He added: "It is pretty shameful when even Trump judges you to be a buffoon."

The government was "quick to blindly follow every order from the Trump White House", he said.

An aide to Mr Johnson responded that it was "a shame the Lib Dems would rather snipe and be silly when the US and UK are trying to work on a plan to help the innocent people of Syria and stop a devastating civil war".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39537442

I don't know what good Dim Tim thinks Boris going to Russia at the moment would do. It's far better for the west to have a day or two in order to form a co-ordinated response to this new situation and Tillerson will carry far more weight than Boris.

Farron's comments are, as usual, risible and totally out of touch with reality.

• I don't know what good Dim Tim thinks Boris going to Russia at the moment would do. It's far better for the west to have a day or two in order to form a co-ordinated response to this new situation and Tillerson will carry far more weight than Boris.

Farron's comments are, as usual, risible and totally out of touch with reality.

I agree, that we need a coordinated response, but we shouldn't be America's poodle either.

If Boris wanted to go to Moscow, then he should've gone. I hope we're not taking orders from the yanks. Remember the Condoleezza Rice/Jack Straw incident....we don't want a repeat of that.

• Russia has criticised Boris Johnson's decision to scrap a planned trip to Moscow after discussions with the US.

The move showed the UK has no "real influence" over world events, Russia's foreign ministry said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39544432
    ====
    The Russians aren't happy that Boris is not gracing themselves with his presence.

Although, I dislike the Boris trip may have been cancelled at the "influence" of the Yanks, the more pressure put on Putin over his support of Assad, the better.