Boris forms Brexit crack squad. Will the UK leave the EU with a deal or no deal?

• I'm actually wondering if Boris actually wanted the GE so that the Tories would lose and he then wouldn't have the hassle of Brexit, I also thought that about Teresa May too, maybe that's just my somewhat suspicious and cynical mind working over time.

I am now 100% positive that Cameron only offered the EU referendum as a bribe to voters so they wouldn't vote for UKIP, he certainly didn't want the referendum and he definitely thought people would vote to stay in the EU so it all fits with the somewhat duplicitous Tory mindset that's for sure.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Hopefully the people will be strong enough and wise enough to thwart the political ambitions of those who think the people are just useful idiots.

There, in a mauve light of drifted lupins,

They hung in the cupped hands of mountains

Made of tingling atoms.- Ted Hughes

• My belief is that none of the MPs really want to leave the EU as its a bit of extra pie for them to have their fingers in, what with the trips to Brussels and wherever they decide to hold the EU summits, why would they want to give up the opportunity for slap up banquets and stays in plush hotels.

Young boys in the park jumpers for goalpost that's what footballs all about isn't it.

• Absolutely. It's like this the world over and why I hate politics.

• I think that's the idea. They want people to get so worn down with all this that they give up and surrender. It's important to be as strong and resilient as a dung beetle rolling a blob of crap up a hill in order not to succumb to their tactics.

One thousand 'upticks' for that comment, LW.

I am now 100% positive that Cameron only offered the EU referendum as a bribe to voters so they wouldn't vote for UKIP, he certainly didn't want the referendum and he definitely thought people would vote to stay in the EU so it all fits with the somewhat duplicitous Tory mindset that's for sure.

Which demonstrates perfectly how appallingly bad the judgement of Remainers is. Likewise with this lot blocking a GE. It will have the opposite effect to that which they are seeking.

• Scottish judges rule Parliament suspension is unlawful

Boris Johnson’s suspension of the UK Parliament is unlawful, Scotland’s highest civil court has ruled.

A panel of three judges at the Court of Session found in favour of a cross-party group of politicians who were challenging the prime minister's move.

The judges said the PM was attempting to prevent Parliament holding the government to account ahead of Brexit.

The UK government said it will appeal against the ruling to the Supreme Court in London.

The Court of Session decision overturns an earlier ruling from the court, which said last week that Mr Johnson had not broken the law.

So, now it goes to the Sumpreme Court, which we knew it always would do. I wonder if Boris can throw into the mix for the judges' consideration, the fact that the country voted in a legal referendum. Then, parliament passed legislation to enact the decision of that referendum and now parliament has enacted legislation which in effect blocks the original legislation.

If the judges are going to keep sticking their oar into all this, they need to come to a judgement on the whole situation, not just what the remainers want. Which of course will go well since the court is pro-EU...

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Very worrying. It appears that if you now do something legal, but for the wrong reasons (supposedly), then you are doing something illegal. Quite a quandary, eh!

Scottish law differs to UK law. Let's see what happens in the Supreme Court.

• The reason why I am basically an English nationalist is this wading in from the wings when someone's nose is out of joint. England needs a Parliament and indeed its liberty if it is ever to be free of all this unmitigated bull.

• So, now it goes to the Sumpreme Court, which we knew it always would do. I wonder if Boris can throw into the mix for the judges' consideration, the fact that the country voted in a legal referendum. Then, parliament passed legislation to enact the decision of that referendum and now parliament has enacted legislation which in effect blocks the original legislation.

If the judges are going to keep sticking their oar into all this, they need to come to a judgement on the whole situation, not just what the remainers want. Which of course will go well since the court is pro-EU...

Am I alone in being peed off with Scottish interference in our affairs? Queen Nicola, that nasty man who is the SNP spokesman in the Commons, and now judges

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Off with their kilts!

There is a photo of a Scottish soldier sitting alongside of the Queen, he is obviously traditional but wonder if he knew he would be displaying his "crown jewels"

If I knew how to post a pic on here I would put it on, all I get with trying to add an image is to post a url whatever that is

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• If I knew how to post a pic on here I would put it on, all I get with trying to add an image is to post a url whatever that is

I know the picture but it's not really appropriate.;)

URL = Uniform Resource Locator. It's the place where the picture is stored. Another way is to take a copy of the picture (Right click and save as) to your PC and then upload it as an attach.

Anyhow back to topic and I hope the supreme court will stamp on this nonsense. Courts are getting too involved in the mechanisms of government.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Very worrying. It appears that if you now do something legal, but for the wrong reasons (supposedly), then you are doing something illegal. Quite a quandary, eh!

Scottish law differs to UK law. Let's see what happens in the Supreme Court.

As I said last week, I don't understand why a Scottish court is getting involved in what is a UK wide matter.

Next Tuesday at the SC, this saga continues...:thumbdown:

• Labour urges Parliament recall after no-deal Brexit papers released

Labour has said it is "more important than ever" that Parliament is recalled after the government published its no-deal Brexit assessment.

Shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer said the Yellowhammer document confirms there are "severe risks" if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

MPs forced the government to release the file before Parliament was suspended - or prorogued - on Tuesday.

The government said no-deal mitigations would be published in due course.

So, the MPs have forced the government to publish the no-deal planning documents and have been frothing at the mouths as a result, shouting "told you so." :rolleyes: I bet they don't want the government documents published on the benefits of leaving the EU, they just want to keep one narrative going.

• As I said last week, I don't understand why a Scottish court is getting involved in what is a UK wide matter.

Next Tuesday at the SC, this saga continues...:thumbdown:

The choice of a Scottish court rather than an English court is very telling, don't you think?

• Quite frankly all this palaver over Brexit is nothing more than I expected right from the very beginning, parliament got the result from the referendum they didn't expect or want and so have done everything they can to prevent the UK leaving the EU, even the so called Brexiteer MPs like Boris, Reese Mugg and whoever have failed to convince me they ever meant it and were only ever trying to appease the voters who chose to leave the EU, I see us ending up having another referendum and they will have convinced enough voters that is just not worth the effort and the result this time will be to remain.

• The signs are the opposite Ron. 35% of Remain voters now want to leave. They respect democracy and don't want to lose it. No doubt many of those will be some who voted Remain in response to the pre-referendum Project Fear. I personally know some people who succumbed to that threat, but the pre-ref Project Fear was thoroughly discredited and they won't be fooled a second time.

All the Remainers need to do is p!ss people off so much that they don't bother voting. If that happens, then democracy will die a death at the hands of the electorate.

• .... parliament got the result from the referendum they didn't expect or want ....

You're right. Doesn't that fact alone display their error of judgement? They got Project Fear totally wrong, didn't they? The UK, despite all the uncertainty, is doing better than ever.

They are NOT blessed with precognition at all, are they? Who says they are right about anything when they have proved themselves to be wrong so often?

• The signs are the opposite Ron. 35% of Remain voters now want to leave. They respect democracy and don't want to lose it. No doubt many of those will be some who voted Remain in response to the pre-referendum Project Fear. I personally know some people who succumbed to that threat, but the pre-ref Project Fear was thoroughly discredited and they won't be fooled a second time.

All the Remainers need to do is p!ss people off so much that they don't bother voting. If that happens, then democracy will die a death at the hands of the electorate.

I don't know which poll you looked at but this poll of polls shows a completely different story

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/qu…ked-after-the-referendum/

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• An interesting video on Raheem Kassams facebook page. Please watch.

Broken promises

How many times did the MPs say we respect the decision of the British people/the referendum? That Dominic Grieve bit...:cursing::cursing:

Classic. Someone should get one of those articulated lorries with a giant video screen on the back of it, park it outside parliament and play that.

Although it's funny, it's not. It illustrates how deceptive they are.

• The choice of a Scottish court rather than an English court is very telling, don't you think?

I was trying not to make that inference.... but I don't think the English judges think any differently, but we'll see.

Proroguing parliament is not illegal, that was the original decision of the lower court and the Supreme Court should uphold it. As the original judge said, it wasn't for the court to get involved in politics.

• As the original judge said, it wasn't for the court to get involved in politics.

Quite right. To do so would set a dangerous precident in that any parliamentary decision could be challenged in the courts just by an individual or organisation with sufficeint funds to push it through. Sooner or later a judge will overturn a parliamentary decision and then chaos ensues.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• I don't know which poll you looked at but this poll of polls shows a completely different story

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/qu…ked-after-the-referendum/

No idea on the accuracy of the polls, but the news channels visited various Labour towns yesterday, I saw a report from Grimsby. From that report, there were many voters who will vote for Farage and some of them said they would even vote for Boris and that's coming from life long labour supporters.

If Labour have seen those same reports, I fear they may never agree to a GE, because it wouldn't be in their interests to do so. They might as well cling on to what power they have for as long as they can.

• Quite right. To do so would set a dangerous precident in that any parliamentary decision could be challenged in the courts just by an individual or organisation with sufficeint funds to push it through. Sooner or later a judge will overturn a parliamentary decision and then chaos ensues.

For Labour, Lib Dems, Gina Miller, John Major et ell to say there is a democracy defect is ridiculous when Boris has been blocked in having a GE. I hope the law lords/justices see sense here.

• Quite frankly all this palaver over Brexit is nothing more than I expected right from the very beginning, parliament got the result from the referendum they didn't expect or want and so have done everything they can to prevent the UK leaving the EU, even the so called Brexiteer MPs like Boris, Reese Mugg and whoever have failed to convince me they ever meant it and were only ever trying to appease the voters who chose to leave the EU, I see us ending up having another referendum and they will have convinced enough voters that is just not worth the effort and the result this time will be to remain.

Or, the vote to leave will be stronger than ever. We're not the Irish who changed their vote.

As I keep saying this is a pivot point in our history and once done, if done, the country will go in a different direction and so the elites are resisting this with every breath in their bodies.