Will Boris get Brexit done?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • As we all knew, it took a strong and believable threat of a 31 Oct No Deal exit to make the EU actually start negotiating. Whether the end result is worth it ... I'll wait and see what the agreement says.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• It will be a slight variation of Theresa May's deal with N Ireland remaining in the custom union, and hailed as a great triumph

Hopefully the Commons will reject it, once again

• If Saudi Arabia made your laws and you had the same currency as them, would you be happy with that?

Do you want your relations with your brother nations germany and france like ours with saudi arabia?

• They're not brother nations. Just like your region, Europeans have been fighting each other for ages and the EU is a incorrect way to "force" the peace.

you are brothers. You even speak a german dialect mixed with french. British are a germanic people.

Here ist different. We are persians. They are arabs. We are not just a different ethnicity. We are totally different kind of people. Iranians are indo european people and saudi are semitic people.

You are the same as french or germans. You have no alternative than a union with the rest of Europe. Alone you are a tiny country and a slave of USA or China.

Brothers beat each other and become friends with each other again. Iran has no brothers. We stand alone and thats our problem.

• I am aware of the origins of my people, but lets get back onto topic here please.

This is the topic. You cant exist without France and Germany ect. They are what you are. You are one.

What is the UK? A small country in a world of giants. Your market power is small. The americans pull you over the table. The chinese will do same.

You mean nothing for the americans. They will get your a horrible deal and you have to accept.

We stand alone and all around us are enemies. Thats the reality of Iran since millenia.

The problem in my country is the same as in yours. Old people with their bizarre ideologies ruin evrything for the young.

The BREXIT idea was flawed from day one and is even today. All assumption made were wrong. They told you the EU will give by. The EU did not. They told you Merkel will put her own economy infront and give UK a deal. She did not. They told you, UK is important enough to divide the EU. The UK is not.

And now you stand infront the ruins of that politics. The Uk has become the laughing stock of the world. Your PM? A clown. Your parliament? shattered. Your nation? Divided and ripped apart internal. And for what? Because old people still live in an imaginery empire that died 70 years ago.

• This is the topic.

No, it's not. Please stay on topic. The person who creates the topic is the one that determines what the the topic is about, which in this case is me.

There's plenty of places here to discuss UK and EU relations. This topic is about whether the EU will leave the EU on the 31st October and whether the UK leaves with a deal or not.

• What is the UK? A small country in a world of giants. Your market power is small.

We are the 5th biggest economy. That alone gives us market power. We have everlasting friendly links with the Commonwealth, which comprises many substantial countries. Britain has, and enjoys, many advantages over other countries.

What is Iran, but a hotbed of aggression and is very VERY untrustworthy. If the UK is 'a small country in a world of giants', I hate to think where Iran would appear! Somewhere near the bottom? Try looking at your own dismal country before you criticise others.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• We are the 5th biggest economy. That alone gives us market power. We have everlasting friendly links with the Commonwealth, which comprises many substantial countries. Britain has, and enjoys, many advantages over other countries.

What is Iran, but a hotbed of aggression and is very VERY untrustworthy. If the UK is 'a small country in a world of giants', I hate to think where Iran would appear! Somewhere near the bottom? Try looking at your own dismal country before you criticise others.

You appear not have understand what i said.

What Iran is? An isolated country that stands alone in darkness. Sourounded by enemies with no friends in the world. We are in constant fear and it is reflected by our politics. We are captured in constant paranoia.

You are not 5th biggest economy. You are nr. 6 behind India.

And your assumption to have any market power is wrong. Not even Germany has market power in inetrnational scales and they have twice your power. USA can dictate you around.

There is no place for UK in trumps MAGA.

You have not "evrlasting friendly links" with the commonwealth. Ever spoke with indians or pakistani what they think about your legacy? Africa is currently steamrolled by China. What have you left? Small countries that China can take from you.

As for Brexit and such stuff in general. I deeply believe that people above 50 should be banend from voting about things that affect the younger generations. Its same in Iran. Old people ruining young peopels life with decissions about things, old people have no affection with.

Beside that, UK will not leave the EU without a deal. I believe the UK wont leave the EU at all.

Its visible. Your parliament blocked a no deal scenario. The UK is to weak to divide the EU and faces a united Block, gets no concessions.

You will have a new referendum and the old people get overpowered. All indications show that.

Johnson will call the EU to prolong the debate. This goes on and on untill a new referendum is made.

• You're entitled to your beliefs. We are entitled to our own. Brexit may be delayed due to the erosion of our democracy by the Remainers in Parliament, but it is merely a blip. They cannot withhold a GE forever.

• I never thought would ever agree with you but you are absolutely right

• You're entitled to your beliefs. We are entitled to our own. Brexit may be delayed due to the erosion of our democracy by the Remainers in Parliament, but it is merely a blip. They cannot withhold a GE forever.

Democracy is not the imposition of a bigoted few imposed on the rest by fear and bluster

What you do when election votes against brexit?

• Democracy is not the imposition of a bigoted few imposed on the rest by fear and bluster

Isn't that what the Remainers are doing? Project Fear and ignoring a majority vote does seem to point that way.

• Isn't that what the Remainers are doing? Project Fear and ignoring a majority vote does seem to point that way.

What you forget is that the so called "Project Fear" is from experts who are experienced and knowledgeable about how to run an economy and a business whereas the Brexit propaganda stems just from bigots with a political agenda

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!