Will Boris get Brexit done?

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• With very few honourable exceptions, such as Bill Cash, Kate Hoey (altho she's going too), Nigel Evans, JRM, and handful of others who are reaching retirement or want to leave for other reasons, the rest are all Remainers because they're thinking of their future careers post-Westminster: only if we maintain ties to the EU, no matter how tenuous, can those futures be seamlessly transferred to the European parliament?

Are you telling us that Cash and Rees Smug are retiring?

If so that is good news on a dull autumn day

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• The beauty of democracy is that if you don't like what your elected representatives do, you vote them out

"A small group of people having control of a country". a fitting description of Farage and co, a man who has stood 7 times for election in the UK and never won

I don't know why you have 'a thing' about Farage, but it you'd been him in those circumstances you'd have found out that it isn't easy to take on the entire political and judicial Establishment, the BBC, and the national press?

There are none who do so much harm as those obsessed with doing good.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• Are you telling us that Cash and Rees Smug are retiring?

If so that is good news on a dull autumn day

Ah, you don't like Leavers then, as well as Farage? Now I'm beginning to see where you're coming from.

People are far more more likely to believe a lie if they want it to be the truth.

• For Cerberus' information, I'd like to say that I support Brexit, have for over twenty years on the net and ever since I was born before that and that I would vote for Farage if I were in the UK.

You only live twice, or so it seems

One life for yourself, and one for your dreams

• You obviously know nothing about Greek legend, because Hades' 3-headed dog wasn't mad. No need to thank me for that enlightenment. 8)

When you feel you're getting closer to your aspiration to be seen as an intellectual, better still, to actually be one, perhaps then you can respond to the main point of my previous post.

• I've merged a couple of older threads together to create a new central thread called Political Reform and all posts over the last day on here on that subject have been moved there.

And I've changed the title of this thread too and made it shorter. This thread is about whether Boris will get Brexit done or not. Lets stick to that topic in here please. Thank you.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• He deserves nothing less!

I tweeted him (before I got booted off Twitter :huh: :D ) that he's a traitor (which is probably WHY I got booted off Twitter X(  ^^ ), and that he's 'never made a success of anything in any of the portfolios he's held since he's been on the front bench' - and that was a loooong time. I couldn't stand the useless smug supercilious c**t, and thank god he's left politics to spend more time with his £milllions? And on the day after May resigned I tweeted 'Missing ya already!' Another useless w**nker she was!

• When you feel you're getting closer to your aspiration to be seen as an intellectual, better still, to actually be one, perhaps then you can respond to the main point of my previous post.

I thought I'd answered that, but just to put the record straight: I have no claim to be 'an intellectual', and to prove it I don't have a single scholastic qualification to my name.

• I'm not an intellectual either and I have a whole buncha scholastic qualifications :D

What's important is whether or not anyone has a brain. I encountered a really nasty piece of left wing work on another forum that kept accusing me of trying to be an intellectual and then abusing me personally in such abundance I decided that as I couldn't belt her in the mouth it would be far better if I left.

This doesn't have anything to do with this forum or anyone on it, I'm just saying ... 8)

• I'm not an intellectual either and I have a whole buncha scholastic qualifications :D

What's important is whether or not anyone has a brain. I encountered a really nasty piece of left wing work on another forum that kept accusing me of trying to be an intellectual and then abusing me personally in such abundance I decided that as I couldn't belt her in the mouth it would be far better if I left.

This doesn't have anything to do with this forum or anyone on it, I'm just saying ... 8)

Yes, LW, liberals are always the nicest people you could wish to meet unless you disagree with them, or challenge their rationale, then they suddenly become your worst enemy. In other words they're bigots at best, and fascists at worst. And I've encountered one on this forum, but I sent him off with a flea in his ear.

• I tweeted him (before I got booted off Twitter :huh: :D ) that he's a traitor (which is probably WHY I got booted off Twitter X(  ^^ ), and that he's 'never made a success of anything in any of the portfolios he's held since he's been on the front bench' - and that was a loooong time. I couldn't stand the useless smug supercilious c**t, and thank god he's left politics to spend more time with his £milllions? And on the day after May resigned I tweeted 'Missing ya already!' Another useless w**nker she was!

You're such a charmer ;)

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I tweeted him (before I got booted off Twitter :huh: :D ) that he's a traitor (which is probably WHY I got booted off Twitter X(  ^^ ), and that he's 'never made a success of anything in any of the portfolios he's held since he's been on the front bench' - and that was a loooong time. I couldn't stand the useless smug supercilious c**t, and thank god he's left politics to spend more time with his £milllions? And on the day after May resigned I tweeted 'Missing ya already!' Another useless w**nker she was!

In the end, I wasn't a fan of hers either. If only Boris has stuck it out in the original leadership contest, things might have moved on a "bit" Brexit wise than where we're currently at.

• In the end, I wasn't a fan of hers either. If only Boris has stuck it out in the original leadership contest, things might have moved on a "bit" Brexit wise than where we're currently at.

She had me fooled at first (and that ain't easy!), with her mantra 'Brexit mean Brexit', but then it slowly dawned on me that she meant Brexit means Brexit but only their (the Remainers' which constitutes most of them) terms. Actually it still is about that - ie maintaining links with the EU for future career prospects?

• We know know that she saw the whole exercise as "damage control" rather than really believing that the UK could do well outside the EU.

• We know know that she saw the whole exercise as "damage control" rather than really believing that the UK could do well outside the EU.

We should have known better - I mean we all knew she was a Remainer? But she got swept along by all the male flattery, little knowing that as soon as she left Brussels to get the Eurostar home, they were laughing their heads off at her. With the exception of Cameron, she was the most useless PM we've ever had . . . not counting Blair and Brown. lol Why TF do we keep voting for cretins like these.

• Brown never had to implement the result of a referendum, he was just carrying on with Labour government policy, but May was meant to implement Brexit, a completely different policy to Cameron's government. So, really when Cameron stepped down, we should've had a general election at that point not a internal handover of power.

• Breaking: Farage will stand aside Brexit candidates in 317 constituancies. Links to follow.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Nigel Farage has said the Brexit party will not field any candidates against the Conservatives in the 317 seats they won at the last general election, after Boris Johnson committed to leaving the EU by 2020 and pursuing a Canada-style trade deal.

Farage said his party’s climbdown came after months of trying to create a leave alliance with the Tories, but it was time to put the country before the party and make a “unilateral” move.

As he spelled out his general election strategy, Farage said he had concluded that if the Brexit party had stood a candidate in every seat it could split the vote and usher in dozens of Liberal Democrat MPs and, in turn, create the circumstances for a second referendum.

That'll make Boris' day but must spell real trouble for Labour in leave voting constutuancies.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• That'll make Boris' day but must spell real trouble for Labour in leave voting constutuancies.

I'd bet that this will spell the end of labour for ever.

• Oh, happy day

And the even better news which I learned from a Youtube video last night is that as a result of their (Boris and NIge's) agreement we will have a Leave parliament. And the even better news is that one of the arch-traitors Philip Hammond has resigned from politics; all we need now is for the other traitor Dominic Grieve to follow suit, and I think we'll be on the path of recovery and good times ahead.

Let's make England great again?

• And the even better news which I learned from a Youtube video last night is that as a result of their (Boris and NIge's) agreement we will have a Leave parliament. And the even better news is that one of the arch-traitors Philip Hammond has resigned from politics; all we need now is for the other traitor Dominic Grieve to follow suit, and I think we'll be on the path of recovery and good times ahead.

Let's make England great again?

I'd love to agree with you, but we have seen how politicians will deliberately lie to the electorate, by pretending they support Leave and then doing all they can to scupper Brexit. I'll wait and see how many MP's REALLY support Brexit.

Mark Twain — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

• I'd love to agree with you, but we have seen how politicians will deliberately lie to the electorate, by pretending they support Leave and then doing all they can to scupper Brexit. I'll wait and see how many MP's REALLY support Brexit.

I share your scepticism, and have been on a sort of rollercoaster of trust in, and suspicions of, Johnson ever since he took over. But right now, there's so much public expectation of a successful Brexit, and the palpable realisation of treachery in the House, that if any form of jiggery-pokery shows up now, there will be rioting in the streets, and the movers and shakers of Westminster know it; in fact it's why so many of the traitors are heading for them thar hills - or in Hammond's case, to spend the rest of his life with his £millions. So for the first time in a long time, I'm optimistic, and that's because I have such faith in The Nigel. Cometh the hour. cometh the man?

• The media have tried so hard to fook over Farage. It's a disgrace, but he's defo a man of the moment and fortunately Boris is anathema to media tarts as he is going to push Brexit through and scupper a lot of nasty little pirate ships in the process.

With any luck ...

• The media have tried so hard to fook over Farage. It's a disgrace, but he's defo a man of the moment and fortunately Boris is anathema to media tarts as he is going to push Brexit through and scupper a lot of nasty little pirate ships in the process.

With any luck ...

The media is just another part of the Establishment (the 'Fourth Estate' is it called?), and it must have taken a lot of courage to take all of that on single-handedly. He's been up against the entire mainstream media. especially the BBC, and prevailed, and we owe him for enabling the referendum in the first place,because had it not been for his fearless campaign (and think of the dark forces which could easily have stopped him) he prevailed, and we are where we are at last - on the brink of freedom and independence from useless and unelected foreign bureaucrats.