Dorood - Hello from Iran

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Dorood is farsi (persian) and means Hello.

My name is Darioush. I´m 22 years old and come from the city Shiraz.

Shiraz is the capital of our Fars province and its basicly the cultural center of Iran. Here was our old capital Persepolis

Tachara%2C_Persepolis.jpg

Also much other and younger palaces

751181_shiraz-eram-garden.png

Our old kings are buried here

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

My hobbies are my sport (bodybuilding and snowboarding...yes we have Ski resorts in Iran), cars and technology in general and also nature and history.

Im super interested in my countries history and it is evrywhere here. You find old temples, ruins, cities and tombs.

I also like to travel. Countries i visited are Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, Egypt, Greece, Turkey and Madagascar.

That said: ;P

xn8479.png

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Hi :)

Mazandaran province is for me one of the most beautiful places.

Are you from Zoroastrian descent, or have you been converted to the religion of the Arab invaders? ;)

• Hi :)

Mazandaran province is for me one of the most beautiful places.

Are you from Zoroastrian descent, or have you been converted to the religion of the Arab invaders? ;)

Mazandaran is awesome indeed. The entire region near caspian sea is very beautiful.

All Persians are from Zoroastrian descent. We were all Zoroastrians after all, before the invasion.

:)

• :)

I studied Persian civilization and its art when studying History of Art, so I know all the beautiful things about that culture. Tragically no more, but I do know the people still exist. The one thing about invasion is that you can overcome civilizations sometimes but if people are careful and they love their ancestors and what they made, you can't destroy people that easily. They can survive. If they remember their identity.

So I have always believed the elder folk of places can still exist. It's why I will never be interested in war against anyone. War is usually the result of bad leadership and the enslavement of people into other people's ideas about conquering what is not theirs.

History is full of war and conquest, but that doesn't mean the future has to be and to make the future a better place people have to make the present a better set of choices. Or it will all just go on again. And, to be honest, I don't want to see any more violence and destruction. So much has been lost and is being lost every day. So many young people with guns put into their hands and sent off to kill and be killed. I would rather see something else.

• Dorood Darioush :)

The pictures look stunning and I would love to visit your country at some point. What is the place in the third picture called? Has similarities to Petra and looks very ancient.

You've had a very "robust" welcome from members so far, but things should settle down now and we very much welcome ideas and opinions from other countries outside the UK, we already have other non-UK members here.

Welcome again.8)

• Dorood Darioush :)

The pictures look stunning and I would love to visit your country at some point. What is the place in the third picture called? Has similarities to Petra and looks very ancient.

You've had a very "robust" welcome from members so far, but things should settle down now and we very much welcome ideas and opinions from other countries outside the UK, we already have other non-UK members here.

Welcome again.8)

No problem. The place in 3rd picture is called Naqsch-e Rostam. These are the tombs of some of our greatest kings

Naghshe_Rostam_ZPan.jpg

You can visit if you want. Iran has many visitors from Europe and numbers climb evry year. We are a very save country for tourists.

• :)

I studied Persian civilization and its art when studying History of Art, so I know all the beautiful things about that culture. Tragically no more, but I do know the people still exist. The one thing about invasion is that you can overcome civilizations sometimes but if people are careful and they love their ancestors and what they made, you can't destroy people that easily. They can survive. If they remember their identity.

So I have always believed the elder folk of places can still exist. It's why I will never be interested in war against anyone. War is usually the result of bad leadership and the enslavement of people into other people's ideas about conquering what is not theirs.

History is full of war and conquest, but that doesn't mean the future has to be and to make the future a better place people have to make the present a better set of choices. Or it will all just go on again. And, to be honest, I don't want to see any more violence and destruction. So much has been lost and is being lost every day. So many young people with guns put into their hands and sent off to kill and be killed. I would rather see something else.

Oh but you are wrong in that. Our civilisation was stronger thany any "invasion". Iran is totally different to all nations in the region. We are proud persians. Our culture is absolutely different to all others and based continously on our history. Just look what names many of us have. Why you think my parents named me Darioush?

Why you think we have as biggest festibal in Iran Nowruz? Why we speak our own language and not arabic?

I think the arabic world was changed more from the islamic conquest than we did. Art, culture, science came from Persia and changed the islamic world forever. We on the other hand did not change much.

And one thing...at 29th octobre we have a national day to honor our founder. King Kourosh and thousands go to his tomb to celebrate him

4e989f72-30a2-4cfb-be3a-2d24489682fe_16x9_788x442.png

400px-7aban1394.jpg

Also at Nowruz:

390074.xx_large.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!