Strange definition of rape by French protesters

• http://news.sky.com/story/violent-cl...-rape-10769758

This is a new one for me. Since when is a shove with a baton an incident of "rape"? When I first saw this report I had visions of evil gay French police pulling down citizen's trousers and sexually assaulting him by the usual definition of "rape".

What is this new definition? Is it not plain assault? Is it not "police brutality"? How did "rape" get in on the act? Why are hordes of enraged lefties going ballistic over this? And why are they referring to it as "rape"? If any sort of prodding with any sort of object is going to be defined this way, how are genuine rape cases to be assessed?

• With all these kind of stories, we can never really know, can we? We weren't there.

If the baton was rammed into and entered his backside, then yes, that's rape. It may not have been sexually motivated, but it's still sexual assault in my opinion. If he was whacked on the outside of the bum, then no, that's not rape. But whether he was then assaulted or not is arguable.

We do not know what happened before the incident and what really occurred during the incident. The police should not be whacking anyone on the bum, but perhaps they were going for a strike on the back of his thighs to bring him down and just missed.

As for the rioters, I am guessing they are just a bunch of teenagers from a local estates who are bored and have nothing better to do with their time. They're certainly not genuine protesters, in my opinion.

PS: I have created a new tagging system with a load of tags built into the system. So, I've tagged your post France and policing.

• Yes, it's assault. I find rape a bit much. I find all this rioting to be a bit much as well. It's starting to become the done thing now. You go ape every time you feel like getting attention and telling the world of people who keep your civilization going that you are peeved and you want action and you're gonna break stuff and get all aggro, etc. I think it's one of the reasons why the police don't feel terribly fond of them.

I've been reading up on the incident. It's a strange one. There is dispute about how the truncheon got up the rectum of poor Theo. This is terrible. Police shouldn't be carrying on like this and the areas they police seem to be hotbeds of social unrest and teeming with deprived immigrants.

The government is to blame for allowing this sort of thing to have become a reality. Theo is a victim of something he isn't responsible for, but this is invariably the case. The powers that be tend to look the other way while their mad ideas become crime infested deprived hell holes of social injustice.

It can only end in teargas.