When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • He’s giving you my narrative! Yes, I completely agree with what he is saying.

Greta is just a blowhard. She whines and protests but she has no answers that are practicable. Just gestures.

And how is it that protesters in Britain haven’t cottoned on to the fact that we are now one of the countries producing less carbon?

The ineffectiveness of wind and solar power is obvious to most of us! You can’t tell the greenies of course, and PR would let even more of these people in.

• The ineffectiveness of wind and solar power is obvious to most of us! You can’t tell the greenies of course, and PR would let even more of these people in.

They get to the young in schools and universities - they are brainwashed into thinking the world will end in 10 years so that they can be directed into extremism.

We're having a heatwave at the moment and everything is about climate change, why not enjoy the sun whilst it lasts. It will be cold and wet and windy again soon enough...or is that climate change too?

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• This doesn't surprise me at all.

A link to the full report is contained in the article.

BBC accused of institutional alarmism as new report reveals long list of climate misinformation - Net Zero Watch
    The report, compiled by climate researcher Paul Homewood, reveals that the BBC has been forced to correct a dozen false claims and other items of fake
    www.netzerowatch.com

Celebrate it, Anticipate it, Yesterday's faded, Nothing can change it, Life's what you make it

• Everything he says is true, and it amazes me that the government and just about everyone else can't see it. Like he says, it's not UK warming, it's GLOBAL warming, so what ever we do is futile

The intelligent are being oppressed so the stupid don't get offended

• Everything he says is true, and it amazes me that the government and just about everyone else can't see it. Like he says, it's not UK warming, it's GLOBAL warming, so what ever we do is futile

I think there are lots of people can see whats going on, but rather like the tale of the Kings New Clothes, nobody wants to say anything for fear of ridicule. Group Think is a powerful psychological tool with this kind of thing - the fear of being seen to be on the wrong side (even if the wrong side is the right side). The Nazis used this technique and so did the Stalinists in the Russian revolution. We are being herded slowly but surely into pens, but by the time it gets too far I'll be dead but my kids will have to deal with this and it saddens me.

• This article reports in rise in sea levels around the UK (not sure how it can be just the UK but hey ho).

It's all well and good going on about climate change but we can see that the current measures to deal with CC are long term to put it politely. A hell a lot of effort for very little effect it would seem.

We humans have been very good a adapting our environment and it seems to me that we need to take some engineering action to prevent this coastal erosion that is more direct than switching to electric vehicles. Maybe build some coastal re-enforcements? A bit of concrete? Or we could just sit in our environmentally friendly house powered by wind farms, eating our worm sandwiches watching the coast fall into the sea whilst telling ourselves we've done everything we could have to stop this.

Climate change: UK sea level rise speeding up - Met Office
    The Met Office's annual look at our climate says higher temperatures are the new normal.
    www.bbc.co.uk

• The destruction of the Australian Great Barrier Reef has started to reverse, scary prophecies by climate activists over several decades have proven untrue. How much longer are going to held hostage by these lunatics?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My thoughts lay somewhere down the middle on this entire matter. There those who believe mankind will perish in the next few years if we don't reach net zero very quickly, and there are those who believe the entire thing is a hoax. I believe the truth is somewhere down the middle. It makes sense that our un-natural life style, and the fact there are far too many of us on the planet, surely has to be creating an negative effect on the planet and the animals that live on it. The reality is though, anything a small country like ours does will make no difference if countries such as China, India, Russia, and the USA don't follow suite. I can't help thinking that the government are making us pay for something that is absolutely pointless.

Like I said in an earlier post, we are attempting to deal with the symptoms of the illness, and not the illness it's self. The illness in question is the size of the world's population, and the world leaders are conveniently ignoring it, because they know it's an extremely complex and difficult issue.

• It’s not the UK that is bloating the global population is it?

If ever proof were needed that foreign aid was counterproductive this is it.

Remember Ethiopia and Band Aid? The Ethiopian population at the time was 44 million. It is now over 100 million and we still send aid. In the meantime the UK population has grown by approximately 10 million driven upwards mainly by immigrants. Maybe we should send condoms rather than food.

• It’s not the UK that is bloating the global population is it?

If ever proof were needed that foreign aid was counterproductive this is it.

Remember Ethiopia and Band Aid? The Ethiopian population at the time was 44 million. It is now over 100 million and we still send aid. In the meantime the UK population has grown by approximately 10 million driven upwards mainly by immigrants. Maybe we should send condoms rather than food.

You are 100% correct. When that Band Aid concert took place all those years ago I refused to watch it because I believed it was wrong what the west was doing. The very last thing thing we should be doing is to help third world countries increase their population.

• Some strange things going on with the weather recently. First, the Australian fires were followed by unusually wet and cool weather in Australia, we had an unusually cold spell in early December, the US and Canada has experienced a 'snow bomb' which has plunged exceptionally cold air as far as the Mexican border and now this.

https://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/science/cold-wave-continues-to-run-shivers-across-north-india-delhi-now-colder-than-dharmshala/2927666/

[EXTRACT]

Intense cold wave conditions continued to prevail in the entire north India. Dense fog has been witnessed in many parts of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, and Rajasthan.

Could this be the start of a perfectly natural global climate re-set? The global warming enthusiasts must be losing a lot of sleep over this... :/

• If it’s too hot it must be climate change.

If it’s too cold it must be climate change.

If it’s too wet it must be climate change.

If it’s too dry it must be climate change.

If it’s too windy it must be climate change.

If it’s too still it must be climate change.

It there are to many bugs and insects it must be climate change.

It there are too few bugs and insects it must be climate change.

If the lake dries up it must be climate change.

If the lake floods it must be climate change.

If the crops fail it must be climate change.

If the crop is too early it must be climate change.

There is absolutely nothing that cannot be blamed on climate change.

I wish people would just wake up and realise they are being conned.

• So, it'll be shorts weather by next Christmas but he's stopped short of saying the world will end in the following New Year.

As a blogger for Extinction Rebellion, I was expecting something more cataclysmic... :rolleyes:

• This is what happens when people begin to believe everything they read in the media and stop thinking for themselves. Is the flu going to kill us, or will it be the weather? This year or next? Heat or cold? With or without a vaccination? Before or after the Chinese take over the world … And it leaves everyone jumping up and down in a panic and eventually … nothing happens.  ^^

• Like most things I believe the truth lies somewhere down the middle. To believe it is a big hoax is a bit foolish, but to believe the world will come to end this time next week is even more daft. Too many scientists are telling us there is an issue, so it's obvious we need to do something. Let's face it, there are far too many human beings on the earth, and the planet was never designed to have billions of tons of fossil fuels burned every year. I have said it more than once, reduce the world population and you reduce the problems associated with it. Unfortunately no civilized nation wants to address this problem, so we will have to plod along making futile attempts to stop global warming.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!