Sturgeon backtracks.

• Nicola Sturgeon tries to decouple independence from election after polls show Tories taking SNP seats

Nicola Sturgeon has insisted the general election has nothing to do with her demand for a second independence referendum after opinion polls showed the SNP bleeding thousands of Scottish votes and up to ten seats to the Tories.

The First Minister attempted to decouple Scottish separation from the election campaign by insisting the result would have no impact on whether she succeeds in breaking up Britain.

Despite the constitution dominating Scottish politics, she ignored independence and her claim there should be a rerun of the 2014 referendum during her keynote speech to the STUC conference in Aviemore.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new…ence-election-polls-show/

I may be wrong but I'm pretty certain that Sturgeon implied recently that this election would be an indication of how strongly the Scots want independence. Now it seems a wheel has come off her cart and she is trying to disassociate the two.

Has Sturgeon reached her zenith?

• This is interesting. But, as usually happens, people will vote for a strong centrist formula before they risk beheading the known unit.

Which is why the Brexit vote was, to me, a feat of immense bravery on the part of the electorate and I confess that I didn't think the UK would be the first to escape from Mamma Merkel. It's a very good sign.

• Source

Looks like all the wheels have come off. :D

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• In a way this election is IndyRef2. If the SNP retain or increase the amount of their MPs at Westminster, then that doesn't bode well for the future of the UK. But if the SNP vote declines, as I expect, then that's it for Scottish independence and ultimately the SNP.

As I said elsewhere during the Scottish Independence vote, the SNP were at the top of the mountain. Either they stay on top, or they fall off and I know what I prefer.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• The Scots have to make a decision. Is it better to go on trying for independence at this stage, or is it more prudent to stay united so Brexit can take the UK out of the EU.

I am a rather ferocious nationalist in these matters and supported a Free England but even I would be willing to relent on this issue if it meant the greater good would be served. And the greater good is to unite against the greater evil. That means stay together for the trip back home to yourselves.

You, too, can Unite for Change! 8)