Dominic Cummings: A revolution coming to Whitehall?

Please treat other members in a constructive and friendly manner: Our Community Guidelines.
  • So what have you got so much to say, ,and continually arguing about him

I am arguing with you, Bryan, because you keep coming out with this allegation, which has no basis in fact, and which you have found impossible to justify.

Given that, why do you keep trotting out this lie? Because that's what it is.

Protect the vulnerable and get back to work

• I am arguing with you, Bryan, because you keep coming out with this allegation, which has no basis in fact, and which you have found impossible to justify.

Given that, why do you keep trotting out this lie? Because that's what it is.

It's ok, I know why people defend him. They are Brexiters and are terrified that his removal will ruin their cause

I repeat, as I have just done on anther thread = he broke the rules. End of story

• It's ok, I know why people defend him. They are Brexiters and are terrified that his removal will ruin their cause

I repeat, as I have just done on anther thread = he broke the rules. End of story

I'm not defending him at all. I am just correcting your statement that he broke the rules. The only rule he broke was his 'eyesight test' drive. And that was a 'minor infringement' at most that, according to the police, did not warrant a penalty.

• I'm not defending him at all. I am just correcting your statement that he broke the rules. The only rule he broke was his 'eyesight test' drive. And that was a 'minor infringement' at most that, according to the police, did not warrant a penalty.

You need to start studying the rules that everybody else adhered to

VIRUS SYMPTONMS, ISOLATE< DO NOT GO TO WORK

Both of which he ignored. The child and test drive are another issue which we will never agree on

But you carry on defending him, it all hastens the demise of Johnson :)

• I don't understand why there is all this hatred of Mr Cummings. He is merely one of the advisers to government. I suspect it's a political "character assassination" attempt by the ultra lefties because the advice that Mr Cummings is giving parliament is totally at odds with their own Ultra Lefty dogma. Mr Cummings has not broken any law in the statute book.

• I don't understand why there is all this hatred of Mr Cummings. He is merely one of the advisers to government. I suspect it's a political "character assassination" attempt by the ultra lefties because the advice that Mr Cummings is giving parliament is totally at odds with their own Ultra Lefty dogma. Mr Cummings has not broken any law in the statute book.

Probably because he is a slimy sinister figure, "Rasputin" to Johnson who is an unelected official who is virtually running the country

Whether Cummings broke any laws depends on interpretation and your point of view.

In general Cummings is an ardent Leaver and the architect of Johnsons election win, playing out now is the usual Brexit influence

• Probably because he is a slimy sinister figure, "Rasputin" to Johnson who is an unelected official who is virtually running the country

Whether Cummings broke any laws depends on interpretation and your point of view.

In general Cummings is an ardent Leaver and the architect of Johnsons election win, playing out now is the usual Brexit influence

Finally the mask slips. Bryanluc’s endless Cummings vendetta is pure political hatred and zero concern for public health. What an absolute hypocrite.

• Probably because he is a slimy sinister figure, "Rasputin" to Johnson who is an unelected official who is virtually running the country

It does not depend on point of view, it depends on what the law actually says. Certainly, you have failed consistently to tell us which provisions of the regulations he offended against, given that he had 'reasonable excuse'. Your constant refrain that he broke the law is based on hatred of the Conservatives, Brexit and Cummings himself.

• So the Cummings revolution begins.

More to say next week when I'm able.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• It does not depend on point of view, it depends on what the law actually says. Certainly, you have failed consistently to tell us which provisions of the regulations he offended against, given that he had 'reasonable excuse'. Your constant refrain that he broke the law is based on hatred of the Conservatives, Brexit and Cummings himself.

Didn't you notice my post about the QC who thinks a prosecution would succeed, and he knows the law

• Didn't you notice my post about the QC who thinks a prosecution would succeed, and he knows the law

I did. I wish him good luck with that!

It's just a ruse to keep the pressure up. We all know the tactics at play here.

• I did. I wish him good luck with that!

It's just a ruse to keep the pressure up. We all know the tactics at play here.

A prosecution for a crime that has already been ruled a non-crime by the Police and without a victim and no loss was suffered.

The offence was only ever punishable by a fine if found guilty so this seems like malicious prosecution to hire a QC for £300k to get Cummings to pay a £100 fine. Just more evidence of an attempted political hit job.

Is there a link to the funding appeal. I'd contribute a tenner to see this case get kicked out and costs awarded against them for good measure.

• Just reminded on This Morning that Cummings "used his judgement" to travel to Durham etc thereby breaking the lockdown

Now we see the consequences, people packing the beaches, Liverpool celebrating their football win, gangs gathering for street parties, BLM believers protesting, etc

All using their judgement and following his example

I rest my case !

• Just reminded on This Morning that Cummings "used his judgement" to travel to Durham etc thereby breaking the lockdown

Now we see the consequences, people packing the beaches, Liverpool celebrating their football win, gangs gathering for street parties, BLM believers protesting, etc

I rest my case !

I don't see how your first paragraph changes anything! He had an autistic son who was vulnerable, which is the 'reasonable excuse' he has and which is allowable under the regulations.

As for the 'consequences', don't be daft. The crowded beaches, etc, would have happened anyway. Using this Cummings analogy is just pathetic.

• I don't see how your first paragraph changes anything! He had an autistic son who was vulnerable, which is the 'reasonable excuse' he has and which is allowable under the regulations.

As for the 'consequences', don't be daft. The crowded beaches, etc, would have happened anyway. Using this Cummings analogy is just pathetic.

As I have repeatedly said their are no reports anywhere that the child is autistic other than a comment from the fiction writer Freddy Forsythe. I n any event an autistic child is not a "reasonable excuse" only in the view of Brexit supporters desperately looking to exonerate Cummings

I rest my case !

I'm sure that you have convinced yourself that is a coherent argument.

(FYI - it is not)

• As I have repeatedly said their are no reports anywhere that the child is autistic other than a comment from the fiction writer Freddy Forsythe. I n any event an autistic child is not a "reasonable excuse" only in the view of Brexit supporters desperately looking to exonerate Cummings

Desperate Bryan - totally desperate.

• Desperate Bryan - totally desperate.

A desperation built out of fear, the left are frightened that Cummings is going to dismantle their power base in the civil service: That power base that does everything it can to frustrate a successful Brexit, that leaks documents timed to be most damaging to a Tory government and has secret briefings to further damage the government.

Ousting Sir Mark Sedwill is just the start of stripping out the gainsayers in the echelons of the bureaucrats in Whitehall. Cummings is the architect and hatchet man they all fear.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• A desperation built out of fear, the left are frightened that Cummings is going to dismantle their power base in the civil service: That power base that does everything it can to frustrate a successful Brexit, that leaks documents timed to be most damaging to a Tory government and has secret briefings to further damage the government.

Ousting Sir Mark Sedwill is just the start of stripping out the gainsayers in the echelons of the bureaucrats in Whitehall. Cummings is the architect and hatchet man they all fear.

Indeed he is.

I believe that Sir Mark was the gentleman who leaked Cummings trip to Durham to the press in the hope it would strike the fatal blow.

What goes around comes around.

• A desperation built out of fear, the left are frightened that Cummings is going to dismantle their power base in the civil service: That power base that does everything it can to frustrate a successful Brexit, that leaks documents timed to be most damaging to a Tory government and has secret briefings to further damage the government.

Nothing to do with left or right

I simply object to this country currently being run by an unelected person who is accountable to nobody and who is hell bent on destroying our civil service which has served this country well in my lifetime

It is symptomatic of the arrogance of this government, always a danger with a big majority, along with the dismissive "We've looked into Jenrick and found nothing wanting". Jenrick, another who used his judgement to rush off and visit mummy and daddy during the lockdown

• Nothing to do with left or right

I simply object to this country currently being run by an unelected person who is accountable to nobody and who is hell bent on destroying our civil service which has served this country well in my lifetime

It is symptomatic of the arrogance of this government, always a danger with a big majority, along with the dismissive "We've looked into Jenrick and found nothing wanting". Jenrick, another who used his judgement to rush off and visit mummy and daddy during the lockdown

It was a big majority that bought us Freedom of Movement all being spun by unelected adviser Alastair Campbell.

Campbell was to Blair what Cummings is to Boris. I really don't see why you are so upset when an established model is continued.

• Nothing to do with left or right

Come on, Bryan, give it a rest! It has everything to do with left and right, remainers and Brexiteers and you know that. The Conservatives' Cummings is no different to Labour's Alistair Campbell. He is an advisor to the government and he is accountable to the Prime Minister.

I am afraid that the arrogance lies with you, although you don't recognise it. You do not accept the referendum result that has led us to Brexit and you don't accept the general election result that brought us a revitalised Conservative government. You seek to overturn both, which is not very democratic of you, is it?

If Corbyn had been elected, I wouldn't have liked it one bit, but I would have accepted that this was a decision of the electorate. I might well have emigrated before he stole my savings, but I would have accepted it. :rolleyes:

• The Conservatives' Cummings is no different to Labour's Alistair Campbell. He is an advisor to the government and he is accountable to the Prime Minister.

Alistair made sure that the party kept on TB's New Labour message, he did not dream up policies

The difference is that Johnson is keeping on Cummings message, who is unelected and answerable to nobody

BTW You ask me to "give it a rest", my reply was to a new poster who wanted info and it wasn't me that mentioned him on This Morning today. You and your party would like this and the stench over Jenrick to go away bit it isn't

• Post by bryanluc ().

This post was deleted by Horizon: Off topic ().
  • Alistair made sure that the party kept on TB's New Labour message, he did not dream up policies

The difference is that Johnson is keeping on Cummings message, who is unelected and answerable to nobody

BTW You ask me to "give it a rest", my reply was to a new poster who wanted info and it wasn't me that mentioned him on This Morning today. You and your party would like this and the stench over Jenrick to go away bit it isn't

Campbell was the author of the sexed up dossier which brought the UK into the Iraq war. And you have the gaul to criticise Cummings and the Tories? You have the very worst form of selective blindness and hypocrisy.

There is disturbingly large proportion of voters in this country who don't like bright smart people. The general election generates a form of political inbreeding, where voters are unconsciously voting for people like themselves and, wow, do they get them! That's of course a sweeping generalisation but let me put it this way: the chance of getting a few strains of meritocracy are very slim. Then along comes Boris, raised to well-above average victory, thanks to the brain dead living corpse of Corbyn and his Neanderthal supporers from pre-Blair Labour patry and the suicidal incompetence of the Lib-Dems . Boris then has the chutzpa to escape from this inbreeding by bringing in an outsider to think the unthinkable (ie to think about what should be done for this country and it's governing). I'm not sure what is the exact opposite of an elite but it is certainly horribly self-evident in what they write or say and there at least one example in this forum. What happens when someone arrives in government as an influential adviser and is the opposite of the mediocrity that the anti-elitists voted for, all that's left is blind malignant character assassination.

• Post by bryanluc ().

This post was deleted by Horizon: Off topic ().