UKIP's Nuttall to stand in Boston & Skegness. Will he win?

• UKIP leader Paul Nuttall is to stand in Boston and Skegness in Lincolnshire in June's General Election.

Announcing his bid on Saturday, he said the seat voted "overwhelmingly" for Leave in the EU referendum last year.

The constituency, held by the Conservatives in 2015 with UKIP second, recorded the highest Leave vote, with 75.6% choosing to leave the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39756016
    =====

Will he win?

The area he's standing in voted for Brexit but does that translate in a post Article 50 world into a vote for UKIP when the Conservatives won the seat before?

My feeling is the Conservatives will retain the seat. The issue over Nuttall's housing in the last by-election has probably ended his chances of ever winning a seat, but we'll see.

• Nuttall is on Sophy Ridge's programme on Sky News as I type this and we've had five minutes on FGM (female genital mutilation). It's a horrible thing, but are British voters really interested in this as one of their top election topics?

He is being asked that if he loses the election and if there are no UKIP MPs elected, will that be the end of UKIP? He replied by saying no. I say yes!

10.15am: Interview over. Nothing on health, education, defence, tax etc...

• I don't think he has a chance of winning. Why would anyone vote for a party which promises to do what the party in office is, ostensibly at least, already doing?

• If UKIP were going to gain traction, then it would have been during the last election and before the EU referendum. They didn't and never will now, in my opinion.

I was just surprised of all the topics to start with, Nuttall chose female genital mutilation as his "lead" topic on the programme. It's a terrible thing, but there are more important issues for most Britons than this.