What did you last Google?

• What did you last Google aka search for, and it doesn't have to be using the Google search engine either, it can be anything?

====

Trying to raise the profile of this forum, I last googled SEO - Search Engine Optimisation. These are ways to improve your site's rankings in search engines.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• I've been searching for a small dual reduction cog (30 to 10 teeth, modulus 0.4) to repair a mates curtain rail motor. The cog in the gearbox has split it's plastic 30t part and I'd like to get a metal replacement. Apparently it's a common fault with this component as the curtain rail has no limit switches. The motor gets stalled at the ends of the travel and an overcurrent trips out. The forces are obviously too great for the plastic cog.

I've done both web and image Google but no luck so far. I may have to just get a metal 30t cog and fix it to the shaft of the 10t cog. If google fails I might try the local model shop.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in red it is moderation. Take note.

• All sounds too complicated for me Heero, but yes try a model shop. Ebay another possible option? Halfords?

• All sounds too complicated for me Heero, but yes try a model shop. Ebay another possible option? Halfords?

I tried Ebay and Amazon, nearest I could find was a plastic one but I really want to use a metal one seing as the plastic had failed in the first place. I'll try some more different terms in Google just in case. This motor is stupidly expensive (£100's) to replace from the manufacturer of the rails (Silent Gliss) especially as the model has been out of production for a while.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• They are supposed to be rare where I am but they say they are coming in for the woolly aphids and scale insects on non-native trees. Great. They can eat the wretched things that are ruining my citrus trees.

Been tripping over basking doves all day. They are cuddling up in couples in the grass, and smiling. Red billed wood hoopoes are back, gaggling and giggling in little flocks and the grey louries are shouting "Go away!"
    in the stink wood tree. Barbets and starlings, sparrows, thrush, robin-chat, bul-bul, hoopoe, thick billed weavers, masked weavers, finches ... it's an endless stream of visitors and residents. One is never alone. There is always something to crap on your head in our garden.:cool:

• It's usually herring gulls here. We do have a couple of blackbirds that sing very nicely both out the front and back. Except when they're giving the cat alarm call.

4312-gwban-gif

• My dog has comprehended the cat alarm call and now shoots out to investigate, with me in tow. The alarm call works well for opportunistic harriers as well, and any stranger bird, like an escapee pet bird, gets about 15 to 20 native species shouting their heads off and having a look.

• Been googling about site rankings over the last few days. In fact, it's this site's rankings which I am interested in!

• Usually some strange term that a younger poster uses. Often end up at the Urban Dictionary.

4312-gwban-gif

• I guess we probably need to talk about that in the staff area at some point, Heero. I have zero tolerance to text speak, but would want other's opinions.

• Funnily enough I used a word ( bint ) on another forum that had all the younger posters asking what it meant, common term amongst my peers though.

Commonest thing I usually Google for is technical datasheets on electronic components. I often already have the data on the PC somewhere but it's quicker when the BB is on the desktop.

4312-gwban-gif

• Funnily enough I used a word ( bint ) on another forum that had all the younger posters asking what it meant, common term amongst my peers though.

I hate that word, so quite happy that's gone out of fashion. (Edit: I would prefer that the word doesn't ever get used here. thank you.)

Called a young second cousin of mine a sprog seven weeks ago. Got a strange look... He had no idea what that meant.

• I hope you don't have any of them around your parts. I know you get very exotic wildlife compared to Britain, but there are limits to what wildlife you wish to share your gardens/parks/open spaces with.

• Warthogs are my favourite hog. So brave and gung-ho. They will fight leopards and hyenas to defend their young. I love warties. <3

We don't have any nearby as they would be in a game reserve or game farm, but Mr Wing did find a porcupine quill at the entrance to the river reserve, so we have been visited by someone from the bigger game reserve a little further away. That has rhinos in it and we have zebras in our local one down the road.

• I would love to see creatures like that in the "wild", even within a game reserve.

Last time I saw a zebra was probably about 35 years ago ish at a zoo.

Zoos are almost gone now here, as our knowledge and respect for wildlife has increased. But the negative side for people is there are less places to actually see these creatures in Britain now.

• You need to get big cats like the lynx back and wolves and bears and big birds of prey. And the extinct aurochs. You need swamps and bogs and forests again. In Norwich where my grandfather lived it's amazing to think a bog was once nearby. Drained the lot, felled the trees, covered everything with housing and concrete. A great shame but that's overpopulation for you. I remember my father joking about legendary Sherwood forest reduced to a couple of trees.

• London used to be surrounded with forest and of course it was in a swamp too.

Not sure if I ever would walk into the countryside again if there were wolves around. My last venture out, probably about six years ago was interesting...I'll post about it at some point.

• Wolves, if they have enough natural prey, won't attack you. Cattle, on the other hand, have killed far more people than wolves have. There is nothing more terrifying than realising you are bang in the sights of a territorial bull.