What did you last Google?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
    • Staff Notice

What did you last Google aka search for, and it doesn't have to be using the Google search engine either, it can be anything?

====

Trying to raise the profile of this forum, I last googled SEO - Search Engine Optimisation. These are ways to improve your site's rankings in search engines.

• Staff Notice

I've been searching for a small dual reduction cog (30 to 10 teeth, modulus 0.4) to repair a mates curtain rail motor. The cog in the gearbox has split it's plastic 30t part and I'd like to get a metal replacement. Apparently it's a common fault with this component as the curtain rail has no limit switches. The motor gets stalled at the ends of the travel and an overcurrent trips out. The forces are obviously too great for the plastic cog.

I've done both web and image Google but no luck so far. I may have to just get a metal 30t cog and fix it to the shaft of the 10t cog. If google fails I might try the local model shop.

• Staff Notice

All sounds too complicated for me Heero, but yes try a model shop. Ebay another possible option? Halfords?

I tried Ebay and Amazon, nearest I could find was a plastic one but I really want to use a metal one seing as the plastic had failed in the first place. I'll try some more different terms in Google just in case. This motor is stupidly expensive (£100's) to replace from the manufacturer of the rails (Silent Gliss) especially as the model has been out of production for a while.

• I last Googled for a graphics program's user manual and the name of a new arrival garden bird. (It was a sharp-billed honey guide, in case you're interested :)

• They are supposed to be rare where I am but they say they are coming in for the woolly aphids and scale insects on non-native trees. Great. They can eat the wretched things that are ruining my citrus trees.

Been tripping over basking doves all day. They are cuddling up in couples in the grass, and smiling. Red billed wood hoopoes are back, gaggling and giggling in little flocks and the grey louries are shouting "Go away!"
    in the stink wood tree. Barbets and starlings, sparrows, thrush, robin-chat, bul-bul, hoopoe, thick billed weavers, masked weavers, finches ... it's an endless stream of visitors and residents. One is never alone. There is always something to crap on your head in our garden.:cool:

• My dog has comprehended the cat alarm call and now shoots out to investigate, with me in tow. The alarm call works well for opportunistic harriers as well, and any stranger bird, like an escapee pet bird, gets about 15 to 20 native species shouting their heads off and having a look.

• Lots of stuff about busbars and UL ratings... Hopefully will be different over the weekend.

• Funnily enough I used a word ( bint ) on another forum that had all the younger posters asking what it meant, common term amongst my peers though.

Commonest thing I usually Google for is technical datasheets on electronic components. I often already have the data on the PC somewhere but it's quicker when the BB is on the desktop.

• Funnily enough I used a word ( bint ) on another forum that had all the younger posters asking what it meant, common term amongst my peers though.

I hate that word, so quite happy that's gone out of fashion. (Edit: I would prefer that the word doesn't ever get used here. thank you.)

Called a young second cousin of mine a sprog seven weeks ago. Got a strange look... He had no idea what that meant.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!