What did you last Google?

When making a post, please ensure it complies with this site's Main Rules at all times.
  • Warthogs are my favourite hog. So brave and gung-ho. They will fight leopards and hyenas to defend their young. I love warties. <3

We don't have any nearby as they would be in a game reserve or game farm, but Mr Wing did find a porcupine quill at the entrance to the river reserve, so we have been visited by someone from the bigger game reserve a little further away. That has rhinos in it and we have zebras in our local one down the road.

zebras.jpg

• I would love to see creatures like that in the "wild", even within a game reserve.

Last time I saw a zebra was probably about 35 years ago ish at a zoo.

Zoos are almost gone now here, as our knowledge and respect for wildlife has increased. But the negative side for people is there are less places to actually see these creatures in Britain now.

• You need to get big cats like the lynx back and wolves and bears and big birds of prey. And the extinct aurochs. You need swamps and bogs and forests again. In Norwich where my grandfather lived it's amazing to think a bog was once nearby. Drained the lot, felled the trees, covered everything with housing and concrete. A great shame but that's overpopulation for you. I remember my father joking about legendary Sherwood forest reduced to a couple of trees.

• London used to be surrounded with forest and of course it was in a swamp too.

Not sure if I ever would walk into the countryside again if there were wolves around. My last venture out, probably about six years ago was interesting...I'll post about it at some point.

• Wolves, if they have enough natural prey, won't attack you. Cattle, on the other hand, have killed far more people than wolves have. There is nothing more terrifying than realising you are bang in the sights of a territorial bull.

• Beautiful creatures and being done away with by trophy hunters. I looked them up for an animal art challenge on my art community and I wanted to use one to show this.

• Now I'm back online I will be Googling my head off again. First stop will be some of the films I watched and couldn't look up. Meantime, my Bing encyclopaedia lookup and Dictionary in Word will be working online again for researching and editing my book. Thank the Giant Pixie, as I've been looking things up in my Oxford Concise and having to use a magnifying glass for stuff I used to be able to see without even using reading glasses. :D

• Welcome back LW I have missed you.

I have been googling for a new stool. For the time being I am unable to stand for any length of time and trying to use my cooker whilst sitting on a dinning chair is a tad difficult as I can't see into the pans. I feel like a little kid who can't see over the steering wheel. :D

• Hi again, Jo, :) I hope not to unceremoniously vanish again, but you never know. 8)

You need a chair that you can make higher or lower like a dentist's chair so you can see into your pots. It's dangerous way down there below hot liquids on the stove top.

• Tracked down a reasonably priced bar stool which will allow me to perch at the right height and should be delivered this evening so am a happy bunny. :)

• Welcome back LW I have missed you.

I have been googling for a new stool. For the time being I am unable to stand for any length of time and trying to use my cooker whilst sitting on a dinning chair is a tad difficult as I can't see into the pans. I feel like a little kid who can't see over the steering wheel. :D

Oh dear, sorry to hear about this.

Have you ever considering a standing hoist as a option? Although it would require someone else to wheel you into position.

They're very effective and I used one for my dad who was unable to stand or support his own weight.

It might seem a odd suggestion, but at least you can "stand" while cooking.

• Oh dear, sorry to hear about this.

Have you ever considering a standing hoist as a option? Although it would require someone else to wheel you into position.

They're very effective and I used one for my dad who was unable to stand or support his own weight.

It might seem a odd suggestion, but at least you can "stand" while cooking.

Oh gosh I am not that bad. It's just standing still that's the problem. At the moment as long as I don't lock my knee I am as mobile as I ever have been. Eventually I will get a new knee joint but at the moment that is at the end of a lengthening list of other things that I aim to get sorted. My immune problem is the 'gift that keeps on giving' and every time it comes out of remission I end up with some other condition that needs to get sorted. It's like that song "twas on a Monday morning"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:D

• I saw his films in the early sixties. At the drive in, usually. I was very young. He was quite a household name in comedy at the time. And he teamed up with Dean Martin. Those were days almost completely removed from our present time and its trends. But he made it to the age of 91. Well done, Jerry and happy travels :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!