The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• I can't remember what you originally said LW and I'm sure I did ask, but do you have air conditioning in your house?

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Had some light showers earlier but the rain radar is showing a band of heavy rain is about to hit us.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Oh, you lucky people. I can hardly remember what rain is like it's been so long ...

Today 31C real feel 33C. :( :( :(

Most people love this. They are all outside barbecuing and drinking beer. As I hate barbecues and don't drink, I just want some rain and I'd like it to cool down.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• band of heavy rain is about to hit us.

As it turned out the rain was only light with most of it going to the North. Brightening up now.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• Saturday was boiling in London. Yesterday was mixed with showers at the beginning and end of the day and sun in the middle. Today, it's has been sunny and warm. Just getting darker now, so perhaps a shower on the way.

• There's a wide (~100 mile) band of moderate rain on it's way. Just fringing the Isle of Wight at the moment. Looks like I'll need the brolly later to go up to the supermarket. Probably have a pint on the way. Hopefully I can buttonhole the builder I know there and remind him to give me a price for the work I have in mind.

4312-gwban-gif

• Today is 30C, bright, gusty and with cloud turning up. Hoping that is a sign of a pressure change and we might get rain.

• The rain has just arrived now. Only spitting but it'll get heavier.

4312-gwban-gif

• Got the rain now too about 30mins ago. Now have to have all the lights on in the house. I better not turn over the tv to the climate meeting in New York otherwise I might get lectured by a Swedish teen telling me not to waste energy...;)

• Got the rain now too about 30mins ago. Now have to have all the lights on in the house. I better not turn over the tv to the climate meeting in New York otherwise I might get lectured by a Swedish teen telling me not to waste energy...;)

If she does, just say "dra at helvete";)

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• What's happened to all the nice weather? Grey skies and bloody raining in Londinium at the moment.

About time the moans resume about the weather, it's been too good.^^

• I got bloody soaked this morning going to get the paper. Absolutely chucking it down.

My feet were already damp by the time I got to a side street near the church: This is narrow and also a rat run and some uncouth yob drove their car at full pelt through a big puddle and I got the result. Sopping wet trainers and socks.

I guess the only good thing was I had my shorts on so no wet trousers. Just my legs.

Brightening up now.

4312-gwban-gif

• Narrower band of rain coming through now but just as heavy:

Purple is about an inch per hour.

4312-gwban-gif

• Had a quite a mixture of weather for the last few hours ranging from almost tropical sunshine, to almost storms. Currently sunny and hot and no doubt in five minutes it will be dark and cold.

• The wind didn't bring any rain and instead has resulted in really cold temperatures. Only 6 C here at the moment. Air cold and dry. I'm back to winter clothes and the heater on. As soon as it clears we'll be boiling again in no time.

• Blimey.

Nice and warm and sunny for me yesterday, intermixed with a few rain showers, but today dark, cooler and wet. I don't expect temperatures will get down to 6C where I am for another two months.

• Opened the back door. The handle was freezing and the air polar. A little whisper from departing winter. A last slap on the bum as she departs in her hag form, envious of the rising of the summer queen.

• Our neighbours bought me an air cooler as a thank you gift for looking after their dogs when they took the family away for the school hols. As I don't have air conditioning and just use fans, I am interested to try out an air cooler. It has been freezing the past week so I'll have to wait for the heat to come back on so I can try it out.

It's this one:

Air cooler

• I had a heater/cooler but it broke down last year just when the UK had that terrible heatwave. Until it broke, it worked fine, just make sure you keep it clean to prevent legionnaires and put ice in it on very hot days.

As for weather, Saturday was nice and warm and I did some gardening. Yesterday was cool and wet and today, a mixture of both.