The Great British Weather Moan thread

Please treat other members in a friendly and respectful manner: Our Community Guidelines.

• Horrible LW. <X

London nice and sunny and about 15C outside at the moment, with the possibility that temperatures may get to 18C by Friday. Very wet and damp though. Walk on the grass and it turns to mud.

If my post is in this colour, it is a moderator decision. Please abide by it.

• Wet earlier but the rain has moved away, bright now and then, but only 12°C. Forecast for tomorrow is better as high pressure is building in from the south-west.

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

If my post is in this colour  it is moderation. Take note.

• Sunny down here too but only 9°C at the moment. Just put out some laundry: Coloureds, hope it dries OK.

Some long range forecasters are talking about a very cold winter on the way.:/

History is much like an Endless Waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

4312-gwban-gif

• I have also heard this about a hard winter

Old wives tales base a forecast like this on the number of berries on the trees and bushes, and they are apparently loaded just now

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Very wet for me today, probably the wettest day of the year. But the rain has just stopped and the sun is showing its face now, just as its beginning to set.

LW, any rain yet for you?

• Not a drop, H. Yesterday was hell and the forecast is a huge heat wave to hit us where tomorrow is going to be even worse. Goodbye world, goodbye water ... I've tried to save some of the garden and the birds but things are looking grim.

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• Just look after your bonsai and other pots and with the baby trees you're growing, especially that olive, that will be the next generation to bring new life back into your garden.

I wish I could send you some of our water LW, I had nothing but rain yesterday and it was probably the wettest day of the year for London so far and going by the dark clouds in the sky at the moment, it looks like today maybe similar.

• You are welcome to some of ours, it has rained non stop here since yesterday and forecast to continue until tomorrow. Floods everywhere

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• I think it's only beautiful because it is so different if you come from an arid land to a wet one

I love southern Spain with the mile after mile of very dry landscape, I expect they would like a visit here

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• Glad to hear you're getting some rain, LW.:):)

I can't remember, but do you get a specific wet season where you are? I seem to recall you saying once it goes from winter to summer pretty much straight away.

• Yes, summer is our wet season, if we're lucky. We got some good rain yesterday afternoon but nothing like my brother, who was deluged twice. He said the thunder was so loud it shook the house. Lightning terrifying, as usual. We missed that storm so didn't get all that rain. But at least it has rained properly for the first time. It's going to save the trees and whatever is left of the shrubs and insects might breed now to save the birds. We should get flying ants coming out after that and that will be a great protein boost for insect eating birds.

It has changed from hot and dry to hot and humid. :(

The vagabond who's rapping at your door

Is standing in the clothes that you once wore

• That sounds more like our summers, never dry and always humid. Glad you got some rain.:)

In London today, the sun has come out after all the rain over the last few says.:) Pleasantly warm too, around 14C at the moment, but the temperature collapses tonight for the first time in London down to 2C.8| Yikes.

• That sounds more like our summers, never dry and always humid. Glad you got some rain.:)

In London today, the sun has come out after all the rain over the last few says.:) Pleasantly warm too, around 14C at the moment, but the temperature collapses tonight for the first time in London down to 2C.8| Yikes.

We have had our winter duvet on for a couple of weeks:thumbup:

A Hand Up Not A Hand Out

• So far our only concession is re-fitting the secondary glazing panel into the main bay window in the bedroom. The other panels stay in all year. Not needed to put on any heat yet. Kitchen diner stays pretty warm with two freezers, a fridge and the de-humidifier.

Still on the summer duvet at 4.5 tog.

With the cold night coming I'll be bringing in the Mediterranean Hibiscus as it hates cold.

4312-gwban-gif